1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
  2. Big Announcement Coming for 2015 Football Season!!

Be on the look out for a big Packer Forum announcement when the schedule is released. Full details coming soon...

Out of lurking

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Melt74, Dec 23, 2007.

1. Melt74

Melt74 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I've been reading these boards all season but just recently starting posting. I figured I should stop in here to be proper and all.

First off, great site!

I grew up in southern Illinois in a Bears household. My brother was a big fan, so I just followed suit. I "converted" when Ditka was fired--this might not be the place to say it, lol, but I still like Da Coach. So, I 'joined up' in '93 and have never looked back.

I went to my first Packers game in '04--opening MNF @ Carolina (W). Wow. I was stunned to see so much green and gold in the streets. My daughter got a nice photo with Saint Vince as well. We also went to the '05 game where we almost eeked out a W. :( This time the kid got her hat autographed by Javon Walker, while I glared at Drew Rosenhaus (lol) who was accompanying him along the sidelines. We moved to Houston recently, so it may be a while before we get to go to another game. :(

Anyway, just some history. Now I just have to dig up a LeRoy Butler pic to gimme a 'face' on here. :lol:

2. vikesrule

vikesrule Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Melt74, anyone that that can introduce themselves as a Packer Fan right after the debacle of the Bears game has some major cojones!

I respect that! :thumbsup:

3. Melt74

Melt74 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Mmmmmm, ty?

I just thought I'd do the intro so as not to look like the fair-weather type, only having posted about the negatives of the day. That might be comparable to the fans I'm hearing in the metrodome right now booing their team. :wink:

(Just poking some fun back atcha--I hope that's acceptable from a Noob.) :)

4. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    Welcome Melt! And yes..........ANYONE can make fun of a Vikings fan here!
    In fact........it's a REQUIREMENT!!! :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol:

5. Green_Bay_Packers

Green_Bay_Packers Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +110
    Welcome enjoy the site

6. vikesrule

vikesrule Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    No problem Melt!

And remember....I am always here to help a cheesehead! :)

[​IMG]

7. PWT36

PWT36 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Melt74- Warm welcome to packer forum to a ex Bear Fan, who had the good sense to convert over to Green Bay Packer fandom .The Chicago Bears have the misfortune to be owned by the McCasky family, and The Green Bay Packers, Inc are owned by Green Bay Packer fan Shareholders

8. Melt74

Melt74 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks guys.

Vikesrule--great pic! lol

9. longtimefan

longtimefan Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +2,957
    Welcome!!!

Dont mind Vikes, he really is a good guy once he pulls off his Vikings cheerleader outfit, but is sexier with it on

10. IronMan

IronMan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +8
    Welcome :beer:

11. Ryan

Ryan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    Melt,

Certainly glad you are no longer lurking, welcome to the site as a full on posing member. I look forward to reading your posts, and hopefully you can make it back to Lambeau or at least catch a road game somewhere next season!

12. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    The only way he would be considered "sexy" would be with a tarp over him! :lol:

13. IronMan

IronMan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +8
    :rotflmao: