Our path to HFA/#1 seed

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Our path to the top seed just got slightly more realistic this week with the Niners getting knocked off today.

Basically, we obviously need to win our last two. Then we need either the Niners or Seahawks to lose next week. Then whichever one loses needs to beat the other in Week 17. Still unlikely that all those pieces fall into place, but it is now legitimately in the realm of possibility.

The other, less likely scenario is BOTH of them losing next week, in which case it wouldn't matter who won in Week 17. I don't see that happening though.

Last edited:

Zartan

Cans.wav
Staff member
Reaction score
How the **** did Atlanta beat those Jokers while we got roasted over an open fire by them

Reaction score
Basically, we obviously need to win our last two. Then we need either the Niners or Seahawks to lose next week. Then whichever one loses needs to beat the other in Week 17. Still unlikely that all those pieces fall into place, but it is now in the realm of legit possibility
The fact that Seattle and 49ers play one another makes it very realistic. Remember the Cardinals are no pushover, they have just the type of record you overlook, but they’ve played some good football against the 49ers (twice) and Ravens. The took out the Falcons also.
I’m not sure what to think of the Rams, it depends which Rams team shows up. The Rams just absolutely beat down Russell Wilson n Co and then pooped an egg today.

The 49ers loss today was an absolute blessing and nice surprise.

lambeaulambo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Gotta beat Kazoo Cousins which isnt difficult if we pressure him. Win out and get the one seed is 50/50 probability. Then I predict a prompt home loss in the playoffs regardless. Home field won't mean a hill of beans with MVS, Graham, and Allison dropping balls and being non-factors.

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It would be really interesting to see how the teams played it if Seattle/SF went to overtime again. SF would obviously go all out for the win as they must win for the division. Seattle would be in a little different spot as they would win the division with a win, but could go in one overtime from anywhere to a 1 with a win, to a 2 or 3 with a tie (depending on if the Saints lose again), to a 5 if they lost.

I think both would go all out to win, but who knows.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts