OT: Palmer to Raiders

Castle Of Cheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Carson Palmer trader to the Raiders for a 2012 first round pick and 2013 second round pick AND if the Raiders win a playoff game, the 2013 pick changes to a first rounder. The Raiders first pick in 2012 will now be in the 5th round... they've traded their first, third and fourth for QBs.

It's trades like this that make me appreciate TT even more....

SanDiegoCheese

West Coast Cheesehead
Reaction score
This trade has Al Davis written all over it. The man made some questionable moves throughout his career, but he was never gun-shy when it came to pulling the trigger and getting his guy. I like this trade for both teams, I was a student at 'SC when Palmer was leading the team. Dude can play as long as he has a decent O-line. He'll probably start vs. Broncos but I see his coming out party vs. Chargers on 11/10. Cincy got 2 (possibly) first rounders and Oakland got themselves a franchise QB. Win-win.

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
Wow. The AFC got a whole lot more interesting. This is what I wanted! Personally I always liked Palmer. I am glad he got what he wanted too and got out of there.

Is this a lot to give up? Sure it is.

But, the Raiders obviously seem to want to win now. They are in a position to make the playoffs. I was not sold on Campbell either and watched him screw up a few times against NE.

I honestly really like this move for the Raiders. I hope it works out for them and they give SD a big scare in the division.

Jordyruns

Cheesehead
Reaction score
TT probably has nightmares about being the raiders GM for this years draft. Think I heard they only have 2 of their original picks left (5th and 6th if I remember right)..............yikes

Eric87

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I must offer apologies to Mike Brown. I still think the Bengals are one of the worst organizations in sports, but holy cow did Mike Brown score a coup by not giving into Palmer's demands early on. Regardless of how many games they win this year, the Bengals need to accumulate draft picks and then spend them well. Two high picks for a guy who is possibly washed up and wasn't going to play for you anyways? I don't know a detailed history of NFL trades, but this strikes me as one of the best I've ever heard of for the Bengals.

OP
OP
Castle Of Cheese

Castle Of Cheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sorry, mod... new guy mistake.

I agree. It looks like the Bengals fleeced the Raiders in this trade. I had an argument last night with a buddy of mine who thinks it was a great move for the Raiders, but I just don't see it. Giving up a 1st and a conditional 2nd that could become a 1st for a guy who hasn't played in six months and is likely past his prime just seems like too much. In my opinion, the only way this can be considered successful is if the Raiders somehow win a super bowl.

On the other, hand having Palmer might help the development of Pryor, but with so few draft picks, they are going to struggle to put young talent around him for the next couple of years.

SanDiegoCheese

West Coast Cheesehead
Reaction score
Seems like a lot, but I'm telling you give the guy protection and he's def. an upgrade over Campbell. I guess we'll have to see how this trade plays out for both teams.

Members online

Latest posts