only 2 packers in pro bowl

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
When you tally up Pro Bowl selections for a player. Do you include when they were an alternate or only the times selected as starter/reserve?

dxbfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think if they get to go even as an alternate, such as Driver a few years ago, that constitutes as a Pro Bowl appearance. Perhaps the differentiatio is between 'selection' and 'appearance'

Bobby Roberts

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There are always going to be players who get snubbed.
Ruben Brown and Charles Tillman of the Bears both should have made it but oh well.

The worst choice by far was Tony Romo. Thanks to the hype generated by ESPN and their band of Romosexuals he made the team even though Rex Grossman, Brett Favre, Eli Manning and Jake Delhomme have all thrown for more yards and more TDs.

There are 10 QBs in the NFC who have thrown for more yards than Romo.
Giving that spot to a guy who has started 8 games is a joke.

Wow! :rubeyes: I actually agree with you on something. ****, woops, I mean Romo has no business making. The guy didn't even earn the starting spot until Parcell's had no choice but to bench Bledsoe. I don't think Favre or Grossman are having probowl caliber seasons either, but both are better choices than Romo.

As for the CBs, IMO Harris deserved recognition before Woodson since he covers the #1 WR every game. There are definitely better CBs than Sheppard who were snubbed. But that's all part of the probowl game every year.

Considering the Packers' season thusfar, I think that 2 players in with 3 alternates is very respectable for this team.

Members online

Latest posts