Only 1 MNF game this year?

G0PackG0

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I will laugh my *** off if Favre doesnt play for the vikes this season. 3 MNF games that will be watched by 100 people. We have 3 games that woulda been great MNF matches. I mean the Patriots?! Come on!

robdog

Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Pats are a draw, but there are only 17 Monday night football games. We get one against our rival da bear cubs! I know we are used to a couple but just how it feel this year.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sunday Night NBC Football Night in America is bigger & better now than Monday Night Football on ESPN. It's not like the old days.

And we have 2 straight home games that NBC has bought to cover in the middle part of the season.
October 24th vs the Vikings
November 7th vs the Cowboys

Those are 2 gigantic NFC rival games that will/could decide #1 & #2 seeds, division winner, etc.
Last year we played Dallas during the day and creamed them
The year before, also at home, we played them on NBC and they creamed us.
In between these games (weeks 7 & 9) we play at the NY Jets, one of the best in the AFC.

Then the bye and we come out of the bye and travel to the VIkings again, then Atlanta who will be good this year.

TOUGH TOUGH STRETCH!

NYPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I hope this doesn't mean that Mr. Monday Night (Jermichael Finley) shows up for only one night :)

Clay's Jock Strap

TRK's Hero
Reaction score
I will laugh my *** off if Favre doesnt play for the vikes this season. 3 MNF games that will be watched by 100 people. We have 3 games that woulda been great MNF matches. I mean the Patriots?! Come on!

Well there are only so many MNF games to go around and it is a certainty that the large markets will always be catered to regardless of the quality of the team. That said the Pack looks to be a marquee team this season so it will likely be ESPN's loss. I think we play 3 night games though (a couple of sunday nighters) as well as some late sunday afternoon kickoffs so the Pack will be on the national stage often this year... In all honesty, I'd rather do without MNF. It screws up the teams workout schedule AND as a fan, it has pretty much sucked *** for years living on the legacy of Howard, Frank and Dandy Don. They haven't had a great announcing crew in a full generation with most bordering on awful and/or absurd.

+RAY+

Cheesehead
Reaction score
But when we are winning 90% of our games they will be regretting it!! Oh well, it sucks, but the new Super Bowl Champions will be laughing at them.

GO PACK GO!!!

turbo69

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I hope this doesn't mean that Mr. Monday Night (Jermichael Finley) shows up for only one night :)

With all the **** talking he does.........he better stay healthy and kick some ***. If the TE we just drafted shows something, well....you remember when we had 2 good tight ends? Keith Jackson and Mark Chumura.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
With all the **** talking he does.........he better stay healthy and kick some ***. If the TE we just drafted shows something, well....you remember when we had 2 good tight ends? Keith Jackson and Mark Chumura.
Yeah, but Chmura was kind of a traditional TE, more of a blocking and possession guy.

I think Quarless is the same kind of Finley, and that Jackson was. A matchup nightmare.

But then again, the TE evolved... Having two matchup nightmares, that can block better than a Wr, you can play spread all the time with your TEs, and bring them close to the line. No D in the NFL has 2 S that can cover this kind of TE, so D's will be forced to chose with putting a LB or a CB to cover them. If it's a CB, you run the ball. If it's a TE, you spread it.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah sunday prime time will be good for us fans outside Wisconsin.
ANd besides those 2 I mentioned on Sunday Night, Minny & Dallas, we also are slated for another in December at New England.

Rodgers at Brady. MVP could be on the line?

Members online

Latest posts