1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
  2. Announcement is LIVE: Read the Forum Post

One team we need to beat

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by Arodgers12, Jul 2, 2013.

1. DevilDon

DevilDon Inclement Weather Fan

Ratings:
    +445
    There are no must wins on the schedule but it sure would feel good to relax a bit this season if the Packers can hold their own against SF.

2. HardRightEdge

HardRightEdge Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2,408
    Appendix to earlier comments:

If we start 6-6, then we need to beat everybody who's left.

3. longtimefan

longtimefan Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +2,977
    Their Superbowl opponents

4. realcaliforniacheese

realcaliforniacheese A-Rods Boss

Ratings:
    +966

Funny, I was stationed at Andrews in 78 and 79 when Theismann took over as starting QB. I remember him on the Redskins local show every week talking about why they got their but kicked, in a whiny sort of way.

5. mcoomer146

mcoomer146 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +55
    After all this news about the "Fail Mary" ref promoting a book, and Dick Sherman inviting him to his charity softball game, I think we need to kick the crap out of Seattle. But the bad thing about that is we have to wait until at least 2014. So until then, the Giants and 49ers are on the top, but like Buggybill2003 said we need to focus on which ever team we are playing that week.

6. El Guapo

El Guapo Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,456
    Seahawks could be a 2013 playoff opponent.

I agree with the OP though that the Giants along with the 49ers have been the monkeys on our back recently. You don't need to beat them to win the Super Bowl, but beating them does do something mentally to a team.

7. mcoomer146

mcoomer146 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +55
    After the way Lacy was running last night, there are gonna be a lot of defenders with broken arms.

8. Sunshinepacker

Sunshinepacker Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +402
    I think it'gotta be the 49ers. While every game is important, the first game of the season against the team that made your defensive players look outclassed in almost every element of the game is going to be key from a confidence standpoint. If the Packers dline gets tossed around like they were in the playoff game there are going to be a lot of questions. I also look at the 49ers game because it will be an excellent barometer of Perry's progress. In game 1 last year the 49ers exposed Perry's pass coverage skills to the point that Walden was actually played on passing downs after that game (not a good sign when the coaches prefer the worst-rated 3-4OLB in the NFL over you). Don't take that to mean I think Perry sucks, I just think it will be an excellent game to see if Perry has improved on the weakest part of his game.

9. 5x49er

5x49er Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +42
    :roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::cool:

Not going to happen:poop:

10. Forget Favre

Forget Favre Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2,674
    You never know.
    Anything can.
    But I and other Packers fans have a really good feeling that we will be better, much better, prepared for the Crisco 9ers.