On this day 10 years ago

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
A day that will live in infamy...

Yes. It was tragic. And all because the owners could not settle in time with the refs. To this day Rodgers still laments that. Maybe we do not win the SB but it meant a first round bye and a home game the following week instead of going to SF.

D

Deleted member 6794

Yes. It was tragic. And all because the owners could not settle in time with the refs. To this day Rodgers still laments that. Maybe we do not win the SB but it meant a first round bye and a home game the following week instead of going to SF.

I don't think it would have made a difference playing the Niners at home. The Packers were completely unpreprared for their offense, they would have most likely put up a similar amount of points at Lambeau as well.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't think it would have made a difference playing the Niners at home. The Packers were completely unpreprared for their offense, they would have most likely put up a similar amount of points at Lambeau as well.
I believe the week off would have helped us. And the weather could have been a factor not that we would win because of it. And I also believe the 9ers had the bye week. If they had played in the first round it is possible they lose and we do not face them.

GreenNGold_81

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I believe the week off would have helped us. And the weather could have been a factor not that we would win because of it. And I also believe the 9ers had the bye week. If they had played in the first round it is possible they lose and we do not face them.
Agreed, one week can change the complexion of a team. We would have had a better chance to beat them at home.

Members online

Latest posts