1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Old Two Face

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by El Guapo, Jun 4, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. El Guapo

El Guapo Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,487
    I'm still a fan of what Favre did in his time in Green Bay, not of how he behaved post-retirement. However, I was struck by the contradiction in the two following articles. In one Favre states that he'd never hold out, because he held the team in such high regard. Then we've got Andrew Brandt, who I trust more than Favre, saying that Favre - through his agent Bus Cook - threatened not to show up (hold out) because they didn't land Randy Moss.

Sorry mods - I'm sure you'll have to lock this thread when it gets out of hand.

Favre discussing all of his wishy-washy retirement talk:
    http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/202846811.html
    Brandt describing how the Packers tried but failed to sign Randy Moss in 2007:
    http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/7840048/nfl-draft-war-room

2. buggybill2003

buggybill2003 Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Ratings:
    +2,267
    totally agree, lock it up. That is no offence intended to you EG, I just think we all know peoples opinion of this subject.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Old Old x 1
  3. AmishMafia

AmishMafia Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,870
    Here, let me save everyone a whole bunch of time:

Pro: Favre saved the Packers and we owe him our left nuts
    Anti: Favre threw stupid INTS at the end of his career and cost us some potential SBs
    Pro: If TT would have surrounded him with talent BF would have won 16 more SBs
    Anti: He held the team hostage with his retire/unretire dance
    Pro: TT is gay and he ran BF out of town!
    Anti: BF was welcomed back up until his re-re-re-tirement. He was told it was final and the Pack had moved on. 2 weeks later he was on Greta complaining - not even calling TT first.
    Pro: You TT nut #$%ckers think TT walks on water and can do no wrong
    Anti: The Packers are bigger than BF. BF went to the Vikings and he stated he wanted to stick it to TT (the Packers)
    Pro: He has a right to play for any team he wants when the Packers don't want him. Even Lombardi went to another team after the Packers.
    Anti: Lombardi didn't do that to stick it to the Packers. He did it because he changed his mind and he did it with the utmost class and professionalism.
    Anti: He texted pics of his dick to woman, he is a creep.
    Pro: Okay, he isn't a choir boy, but other guys have done worse
    Anti: His number should not be retired
    Pro: He was fun and exciting player to watch and he was responsible for bringing a SB to GB
    Anti: Yes he was. But we found out he was a low life pervert who was extremely selfish. Many players/coaches were responsible for that SB.
    Pro: I don't care. What is important is he was a great QB who won a lot of games for the Packers.

• Funny Funny x 2
  4. Poppa San

Poppa San SB I trophy First of four Staff Member Moderator

Ratings:
    +1,049
    AM pretty much summed it up.

• Agree Agree x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.