Okay let's have a discussion about realistic mocking and what players we should be able to eliminate...

Packerbacker1996

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I thought ALL 32 GM's were trying to do this. They just needed you to show them the way.
What I was saying is Our GM has a 2-3 year window to win a SB therefor it makes sense for him to trade up, be aggressive and get better players that will contribute immediately instead of looking at it long term.
Chances are after AR is gone we will be in a rebuild.

As for other GMs I don't know what there plans are and i don't care.

But hey tx for your smart *** comment.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
I think Gutekunst's aggressiveness in this draft may rear it's head in the form of trade of draft pick for currently established WR that they like.

Schultz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I am hearing that Jordan Love would be included in any DK Metcalf trade.

Packerbacker1996

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I am hearing that Jordan Love would be included in any DK Metcalf trade.
Since they need a QB that makes sense.
Not sure how much Love would offset the boat loat of draft capital they would want tor DK however.

We ain't getting DK.
We gonna draft and then based on that we will sign a vet or 2 before season starts.
Who knows maybe even Antonio Brown.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I could see flipping both 1sts for Baltimore's 1 & 2. Low teens both rounds.
That makes some sense. I just would like to have at least 5 picks in the 1st 3 rounds. Which is what we have now. However, if we are going to take a stud blocker on the O line; we probably need to stick with that 2nd first round pick. imho

wist43

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That makes some sense. I just would like to have at least 5 picks in the 1st 3 rounds. Which is what we have now. However, if we are going to take a stud blocker on the O line; we probably need to stick with that 2nd first round pick. imho
Why would they want to do that??

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
But can we ignore the safety spot? Both are free agents after next season. And I have to believe that Savage is on shaky ground. Not much depth either behind the two. They could look look at possibly drafting a safety/corner combo who could get some meaningful minutes.

I think savage is gonna have a really good season in 2022. But I agree that safety cant be discounted as a first round possibility and it will almost certainly be addressed within the first 3 rounds. Hill, Brisker, Pitre, Cross, Joeseph all seem to me to be guys the Packers FO would like

I believe unfortunately, its likely Adrian Amos is on his way out because hes approaching 30 and hes gonna command a big contract. Savage is just 24 and while with the big season I think hes gonna have, hell also command a nice contract but age is on his side

Im hoping for Nick Cross, I think hed pair great with Savage. Both are 4.3 guys capable of playing single high and while savage is small, cross most certainly is not

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Some mid-round to end of 3rd guys I have graded for Safety options not mentioned (I believe) since we're discussing are:

Tycen Anderson out of Toledo is a guy to circle. This dude is a stud IMO and I would not be shocked to see him come off in the top 125 or so. So if he is there in the 4th I'd spring for him. He is just shy of 6'2' weighing 209lbs and yet flies! 4.36 forty time at the combine and elite measures at each split he exhibits explosive short range ability and long. His hands are massive at 10+inches and has above average arm length 33'. Lacks the strength you would expect from appearance but is not fearful of putting his cap to the ball - he is however more of a sideline to sideline and ball player than a sledgehammer out of the backend.

Dane Belton out of Iowa is another guy to circle for that late 3rd into the first round or two of Day 3. Younger guy coming out after his Junior year (plus category feature) his RAS is excellent too being over 9 as well. He is slightly shorter at just over 6 foot, but weighs in at 205 and has a more solid constructed frame. Despite his agility measurables he wasn't asked to cover in the slot a ton and many project him as a run defense weapon with the upside of being a ball hawk (5 INTs in 2021)...his coverage gets refined I see zero reason why he couldn't be an all around Safety at the next level for any team. He ran a 4.43 and his 10 yards split was sub 1.5 - so while he wasn't asked to do it, it would seem his pursuit and field coverage abilities is for sure there.

Final guy is Sterling Weatherford out of Miami of Ohio. This guy is built different! 6'4' and 224lbs he has incredible strength in his frame (21 bench reps) yet ran a 4.6 (not amazing but given his role isn't bad). IF he can cover in the slot, this "subpackage" beast could find an immediate role for a defense looking for a guy to be able to be a "light LB" and cover TEs adequately. RAS was 8.83 for those wondering.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Why would they want to do that??
Trade up for Williams or whatever receiver they want. Or. Take a mauler with the 2nd pick because R guard is not strong right now and it could be a tremendous upgrade. Having a young center and a young guard side by side makes sense to me. But D line also. I'm excited to see what they do. Just don't want them getting rid of high picks to move up.

wist43

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Trade up for Williams or whatever receiver they want. Or. Take a mauler with the 2nd pick because R guard is not strong right now and it could be a tremendous upgrade. Having a young center and a young guard side by side makes sense to me. But D line also. I'm excited to see what they do. Just don't want them getting rid of high picks to move up.
I wouldn't spend draft capital to move up... I like Williams as my #1 WR, but there are a lot of good WR's after him.

Where the draft is really thin is DT - which is why I would take Wyatt over Williams - and trade up to do it if I had to.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I wouldn't spend draft capital to move up... I like Williams as my #1 WR, but there are a lot of good WR's after him.

Where the draft is really thin is DT - which is why I would take Wyatt over Williams - and trade up to do it if I had to.
I have no problem with that if Wyatt is really that good. I just want to keep 5 early picks with only one in the 3rd round. but don't want to reach for a DT no matter how much we could use one.

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have no problem with that if Wyatt is really that good. I just want to keep 5 early picks with only one in the 3rd round. but don't want to reach for a DT no matter how much we could use one.

I'll gladly for the right trade offer take something for our 22nd or 28th pick - I mean shoot...what if Seattle sees a guy at 22 they really want and you get offered their 40th and 41st picks plus a 2nd or 3rd in 2023 draft.

Or they offer their 41st, 72nd and one of their 5ths....that's a package worth considering if for our 28th for sure. All speculative for who might be on the board...if we see a run on EDGE/CBs and at least three QBs in the first round, there is an exceedingly high chance we got one of Gute's top 3 WRs at 22 or should still be there at 28...

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'll gladly for the right trade offer take something for our 22nd or 28th pick - I mean shoot...what if Seattle sees a guy at 22 they really want and you get offered their 40th and 41st picks plus a 2nd or 3rd in 2023 draft.

Or they offer their 41st, 72nd and one of their 5ths....that's a package worth considering if for our 28th for sure. All speculative for who might be on the board...if we see a run on EDGE/CBs and at least three QBs in the first round, there is an exceedingly high chance we got one of Gute's top 3 WRs at 22 or should still be there at 28...
Well, I'm considering 2nd rounders early. But the first rounders do have that extra year which makes it better for negotiating new contracts. Yes, there could be a lot of different scenarios.

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I am zero fan of trading up in the first round unless the target is a QB, and with that in mind I have firmly decided to me the best way for the first round to play out both to my liking LOL and for our current roster worries is one of Gutes red-circled WRs is there at 22, maybe not his #1 but one of his first round graders. Take him and then a trade back out of 28 with a team that provides us an early 2nd and minimum a top 100 pick...

Honestly, the value projection of someone taken from 28 to say 33 (Jax) or Colts (42) or Seattles' (40,41) is quite relative and likelihood of hitting IMO doesn't go down enough to not add to the quiver of arrows to grab prospects in the top 100. Every draft there is ranges where it appears prospect value is at its strongest and I am VERY heavy on 2nd and 3rd round graded prospects...and honestly only have 24 1st round graded guys overall.

Just as a reference for example sake of what I am meaning...*trade 28 & 258 for 33, 106, 157 - is a trade slightly in our favor as a trade up should be. Such a playout could net you something like:

22 - Treylon Burks WR (Watson/Dotson if big WR run)
28 - TRADED
33 - Christian Watson WR (perhaps Pickens if that run happens)
53 - Logan Hall EDGE ("poor" man's Karlaftis)
59 - Leo Chenal ILB
92 - Zyon McCollum CB/S
106 - Someone like Jelani Woods TE or similar guy at that 3rd/4th range...

Essentially six top 100 prospects gathered with a trade back....and there is a real chance that between 28 and say 40, that tops three/four WRs depending who we trade with could be taken without trades happening given team needs.

Schultz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My trade target would be the Jets. Some combination of 22 & 53 or 59 would most likely be enough to get 35, 38 plus either 111 or 117 depending what combination of our picks we gave up. Of course I would only do this if are guys pegged for 22 were gone.
My DB pick would be Hill. I believe he would be immediate quality depth at both slot and safety.

Latest posts