Oh Rex Ryan why isnt your mouth attached to your brain?

Munch

NFL Owner
Reaction score
I thought this was funny.

RYAN SAYS HE'D HAVE RINGS WITH CHARGERS; TURNER FIRES BACK
NFL.com
Published: October 19, 2011 at 9:27 PM
Leave it to Rex Ryan to stick his foot in his mouth.

Speaking to San Diego reporters on a conference call ahead of the Jets' Sunday home game against the Chargers , Ryan pontificated on how things would have been different had Bolts general manager A.J. Smith offered him the head-coaching job that went to Norv Turner in 2007.

"Well, I think I would have had a couple rings," Ryan said Wednesday, according to the New York Daily News . "I'm telling you, those teams were loaded."

Talk about killing two birds with one stone. With a single answer, Ryan managed to indirectly insult both Turner and his own GM, Mike Tannenbaum. Very impressive.

Ryan was worried enough about how his comments would be perceived that he called Turner to clarify himself. A Jets spokesman said Ryan's comments were intended as a compliment to the Chargers' operation.

Turner initially took the high road, telling San Diego reporters "we've had enough coaching drama in the league the last few days," but he then doled out a surprising zinger at Ryan.

"I hadn't seen his quote and I was a little bit surprised by the call," Turner said. "And then after I saw the quote, I didn't have a chance to ask him this, but I was wondering if he had those rings with the ones he's guaranteed the last couple of years."

Burn.

Ryan doesn't regret how his coaching career has played out and even said the Chargers "opened some doors" by allowing him to interview for the job four years ago.

But forget all that goodwill talk. We can only hope Turner is stewing in some dark corner of Chargers headquarters, going to town on a speed bag, with a yellowed photo of Ryan taped to a nearby mirror. If you liked Schwartz v. Harbaugh , you'll love Norv v. Rex, live from the Meadowlands. Who ya got?

SHARE THIS ARTICLE:
Facebook
Twitter

I Love how he insults everyone with that statement. Lol

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
I hate to say it but there is no excuse for San Diego to not even make it to the Super Bowl since Marty Schottenheimer built that team up.
They were ranked #1 in offense and defense last season and didn't even make the playoffs.
In 2009 they went 13-3, even had some believing in a Super Bowl, and they lost at home to a 9-7 Jets team that sucked.
2007, they made it to the Championship and couldn't beat New England after picking Brady off 3 times.

I doubt Rex would have got a ring with San Diego. Where's those 2 rings he promised the last 2 seasons? Even had he made it to the Super Bowl in 2009, New Orleans would have beat the Jets down really bad.

I actually think they would have made it to the Super Bowl last year if they would have scored on that 4th and goal play that Pittsburgh stopped. But still, if they would have made it to the Super Bowl last year, Green Bay would have DESTROYED them and then Rex could write his book about how "if we made to it to the Super Bowl, there's no doubt in my mind we would have beat the Packers."

I hate Rex, and I will be the one laughing when the Jets don't make it to the playoffs this year.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I see it as an insult to his own Jets team as well.
"They were good enough to make it to a Super Bowl but we aren't."

I realize there are those who love to hate this guy for what he says, but I find him very animating and funny!
He keeps me amused with his swearing, his speaking before thinking attitude. Etc.
Keep the laughs coming Rex!

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
What a numb skull.

Jets will never win a ring with that guy. Talk talk talk

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts