Offseason begins today

7thFloorRA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Who started the playoffs last year in secondary?

Wood, Nick, Williams...Who is missing this year?

I can tell you that not having Collins there HURT more than anyone knows...It was discussed on the radio today with Bill Michaels......Williams was suffering because of it..Tramon wont come out and say it, but from getting emails, and texts from players, Michaels stated that Bush, Burnett, and Peprah had real issues with communication which made Williams and Woody play out of position..

Depending on Burnett to replace Collins didnt work out at all..

Maybe Peprah and Bush should worry about the grass they play on, and not the illegal stuff ;)[/quote]

It's not like he just got hurt 2 weeks ago and they were scrambling to figure things out. Why was nothing done to fix this communication problem over the last 3 MONTHS? Woodson should have been moved back there and they should have brought House in out of his internship year or put Bush in. Having 5 guys play out of position the entire season is absurd. If Burnett isn't smart enough to know what the hell is going on out there then get someone in who does before its too late....or not and enjoy the early off season.

JTheGreat

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I pray we bring back Finley. Yeah he did have drops, but he had a pretty good year for coming off a IR Injury. Instead of focusing on his rehab like he had to do alot last offseason he will be able to play more football to limit the drops. He is a defensive nightmare. If we get rid of him, I think we will regret it....

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
longtimefan said:
Who started the playoffs last year in secondary?

Wood, Nick, Williams...Who is missing this year?

I can tell you that not having Collins there HURT more than anyone knows...It was discussed on the radio today with Bill Michaels......Williams was suffering because of it..Tramon wont come out and say it, but from getting emails, and texts from players, Michaels stated that Bush, Burnett, and Peprah had real issues with communication which made Williams and Woody play out of position..

Depending on Burnett to replace Collins didnt work out at all..

Maybe Peprah and Bush should worry about the grass they play on, and not the illegal stuff ;)

It's not like he just got hurt 2 weeks ago and they were scrambling to figure things out. Why was nothing done to fix this communication problem over the last 3 MONTHS? Woodson should have been moved back there and they should have brought House in out of his internship year or put Bush in. Having 5 guys play out of position the entire season is absurd. If Burnett isn't smart enough to know what the hell is going on out there then get someone in who does before its too late....or not and enjoy the early off season.

I dont know why it wasnt fixed? the only thing I can come up with is that Capers's hands were tied..He only had a few options and did the best he could...

I dont know that to be a fact but is the only thing I can think of..

7thFloorRA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So I saw this morning that Gurley was signed to some kind of futures contract which I guess is a way of signing a guy off the practice squad to keep him under control until he makes the roster in camp. I want to know what TT and MM are planning for this guy. Are they going to use him as a TE or as a huge WR target like Megatron? I get the vibe that he is very raw but has a huge ceiling.

slaughter25

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My Packers Offseason checklist:
1. Sign 1 Mid -high range defensive FA, I know I know its not the TT way, but it does happen every once and a while (I.e. Charles Woodson)

2. Franchise Tag Finley: The tag number for TE is somewhere around the 5.5 mil mark. I am just as frustrated with the drops as anyone else, but at that price I think you have to keep him around and hope he pulls his head out of his ***. If he doesnt take his 1 year shot then let his happy *** walk down the ol dusty trail.

3. Draft heavy on the defensive side of the ball. Particularly OLB and DE. whichever doesnt get addressed by number 1 on the list. I think some young blood looking to prove themselves could really help out in the front 7.

4. Let Flynn walk. He's not going to sign some gimmick 1 yr deal with the pack like I have seen proposed in a few different places, and the franchise tag number for QB is ridiculous. He has payed his dues, was a good back-up when we needed it now let the man have his pay day.

5. Learn from mistakes. The things that crippled us on both sides of the ball were stupid fundamental errors that should never plague a team like they did this year. TACKLE TACKLE TACKLE TACKLE TACKLE..... oh did i say TACKLE. not to mention the plethora of drops from some of the guys we thought were sure-handed.

I'm not talking any ground breaking systematic changes here folks, we were 15-1 last year and got out played in an "any given Sunday" league. We have decent personnel on both sides of the ball, the coaching staff is in place and hopefully should remain somewhat intact. A real off season for some young guys and we should be contending for a Superbowl again very very soon.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts