OFFICIAL TAMPA BAY GAME THREAD

OP
OP
longtimefan

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
There definately wasn't the energy as in past games. Even the crowd was quiet today. It was a peculiar atmosphere in Lambeau Field but I guess that doesn't matter as long as we got the win.

Since I was there will say it was loud..What maybe an issue is that lot of people were wearing gloves..that will muffle the clapping and whistles...

My voice is gone, so I tried my part

OP
OP
longtimefan

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I have to wonder if TB benefited from our short weeks. 1. We were coming off a Monday night game, so had 1 day less to prepare. 2. We are going into a Thursday game against a division rival who is in second place. I have to believe that some of last week was spent preparing for the Lions game. I don't think for one minute that MM or any of the players were "looking past" TB, but there would be no adequate way to prepare for Detroit in the three days between games. This leads me to believe that they could not give 100% of their attention to the TB game.
I could be completely wrong, and if someone is familiar with the "inner workings" of coaching an NFL team I would love to hear their thoughts. I trust that MM will have the team well prepared and ready to take down the Lions.

Even tho that is very logical, people dont want to hear it..They dont care that every week they get the best the opponent has to offer..And now it is even more so since they are undefeated

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have to wonder if TB benefited from our short weeks. 1. We were coming off a Monday night game, so had 1 day less to prepare. 2. We are going into a Thursday game against a division rival who is in second place. I have to believe that some of last week was spent preparing for the Lions game. I don't think for one minute that MM or any of the players were "looking past" TB, but there would be no adequate way to prepare for Detroit in the three days between games. This leads me to believe that they could not give 100% of their attention to the TB game.
I could be completely wrong, and if someone is familiar with the "inner workings" of coaching an NFL team I would love to hear their thoughts. I trust that MM will have the team well prepared and ready to take down the Lions.

That's kind of what I've been scratching at. I get the feeling they didn't give their all to TB coming off the short week with the Vikings and another short week with the Lions coming up. I think they played well enough to win the game but didn't overextend themselves for a blowout.

IluvGB

I <3 Packers!!!!
Reaction score
Since I was there will say it was loud..What maybe an issue is that lot of people were wearing gloves..that will muffle the clapping and whistles...

My voice is gone, so I tried my part

Watching the replay's of the big plays on my phone, you can "feel" how loud the crowd gets!!!! its so fun!!!!!

Powarun

Big Bay Blues fan
Reaction score
That's kind of what I've been scratching at. I get the feeling they didn't give their all to TB coming off the short week with the Vikings and another short week with the Lions coming up. I think they played well enough to win the game but didn't overextend themselves for a blowout.

That and TB's determination to beat us. Tampa was doing everything they could to beat the Packers yesterday, and they game planned it excellently, just made a few mistakes.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That and TB's determination to beat us. Tampa was doing everything they could to beat the Packers yesterday, and they game planned it excellently, just made a few mistakes.
If they hadn't made some of those penalties.....

Members online

Latest posts