Official Gameday Thread: Packers vs Giants

DocSkittles

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Its hold be a good game. I'm glad the Pack is over the hump of the past three games and now has over a week to rest and prep for the Giants. Hopefully I'll make it back to my camp overseas before the game so I can watch it unfold.

Go Pack Go!

D

Dan115

Its hold be a good game. I'm glad the Pack is over the hump of the past three games and now has over a week to rest and prep for the Giants. Hopefully I'll make it back to my camp overseas before the game so I can watch it unfold.

Go Pack Go!
Good luck to you.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
The Packers can clinch a division title with a Lions loss against the Saints (likely, especially if Suh's suspended), 2 Bears losses against the Raiders and the Chiefs, and a Packers win against the Giants.
Couldn't the Packers clinch a playoff birth with a victory over the G-men along with one more Atlanta or Detroit loss?

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
Couldn't the Packers clinch a playoff birth with a victory over the G-men along with one more Atlanta or Detroit loss?

If the Lions lose, and the Bears too, I think we already have the division with that. Will clinch the #1 seed at 12 or 13 wins, matters how good the Niners and Saints are with their record.

DevilDon

Inclement Weather Fan
Reaction score
If the 49ers found a way against that defense, and the Eagles run game couldn't be stopped, you can count on Brees shredding them, and then the Pack who had 400 passing yards on them last year, it can always happen again. It's actually disappointing, cause the Giants look good early on (like in 2009) and then one loss leads to the domino effect.
Good point Bogie. After Nick Collins, loss of Sam Shields for a couple of games, cast on Burnett, arm of Tramon, Hawk and Bishop out, Neal out (back finally) the superlative coaching of this team can't be denied. If you're a fan of an opposing team you just have to cry in your cereal the morning after a loss. It doesn't seem anything can faze or shock them.
Your point about the 9er offense finding a way against the Giants defense hits spot-on. The Packers are going to score on this team and walk away victorious.

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
Good point Bogie. After Nick Collins, loss of Sam Shields for a couple of games, cast on Burnett, arm of Tramon, Hawk and Bishop out, Neal out (back finally) the superlative coaching of this team can't be denied. If you're a fan of an opposing team you just have to cry in your cereal the morning after a loss. It doesn't seem anything can faze or shock them.
Your point about the 9er offense finding a way against the Giants defense hits spot-on. The Packers are going to score on this team and walk away victorious.

Against teams with elite quarterbacks I don't think the Giants are all that.

Sure they may have beat New England, which isn't really fascinating to me considering the Pats were down on a slump, and Brady is forcing the ball to Welker too much.

Brees is going to tear their ***** up, as will Rodgers. The Giants have serious problems if they intercept Vince Young 3 times and can't win a game, that's just pathetic.

realcaliforniacheese

A-Rods Boss
Reaction score
If the Lions lose, and the Bears too, I think we already have the division with that. Will clinch the #1 seed at 12 or 13 wins, matters how good the Niners and Saints are with their record.
We win out and all is mute. Still some good games to go but I have made room reservations for GB the weekend of Jan 22. "IF YOU RESERVE IT THEY WILL COME"

GBPack2010

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If our OL can hold up against the DL, this game will be like last year's beating. If not, I guess it'll be another heart stopping win. I really love/hate those.

whoartthou

Cheesehead
Reaction score
after watching the saints vs giants today... saints look like legit superbowl contenders

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
What I tell you guys?

The Saints BEAT THE **** OUT OF THEM as I predicted.

The Giants defense gave up over 577 yards on defense, but let me correct myself, those last 2 drives were them "running the score up" as some opposing fans love to blame on the Saints and Packers this year, after their team gets their ***** kicked so bad.

After that dirty hit on Jimmy Graham, I was glad they scored again. The Giants play like a bunch of street thugs when they are getting beat down really bad, and Coughlin is no help. No different than how ****** they acted towards the Colts last year when they were losing really bad.

Despite the huge win I must say that was the worst officiated game I have seen all year long. There is no excuse that the Giants lost this bad when they were getting every BS call they cried for and the Saints barely got any.

One thing that does worry me is dirty hits next week, they tried to kill Jimmy Graham and I am glad he wasn't hurt, he's a tough kid, but after seeing that I am really worried the Giants are going to try and clock some of our guys and hurt them when they are losing so bad.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
If our OL can hold up against the DL, this game will be like last year's beating. If not, I guess it'll be another heart stopping win. I really love/hate those.

Yup, we just need to handle their D-L then it should be a win

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm interested to see how EVD plays and how the o-line plays as a whole. I think Sitton has been playing injured all year.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score

cheesehurdler

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There's no football team that fights more than one with their backs against the wall.

However, the Giants had their backs against the wall since the loss to the 49ers, and when they played against the Eagles and the Saints on MNF, they played like they just didn't care. They had the same attitude last year after the Desean Jackson punt return to boot them out of the NFC East race, and the Packers crushed them 45-17. It's not like the season is lost, either. If they won, they'd be in the playoffs.

I predict the same thing will happen this week, although Strahan perking them up could make a difference.

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
There's no football team that fights more than one with their backs against the wall.

However, the Giants had their backs against the wall since the loss to the 49ers, and when they played against the Eagles and the Saints on MNF, they played like they just didn't care. They had the same attitude last year after the Desean Jackson punt return to boot them out of the NFC East race, and the Packers crushed them 45-17. It's not like the season is lost,
either. If they won, they'd be in the playoffs.

I predict the same thing will happen this week, although Strahan perking them up could make a difference.

Possibly. But, it's Thursday and the game is on Sunday. The Giants need a leader on the team to step up and take charge on game day more to me. Sometimes this stuff works with a voice from the past for motivation. Sometimes it does not and may not matter if you just are not good enough. I mean, the Colts apparently had Tony Dungy speak to them days before the SNF against New Orleans. :confused:

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/sto...michael-strahan-gives-pep-talk-defensive-line

But the Giants admit that if they need a pep talk to get them ready to play against unbeaten Green Bay, they could be in for a long Sunday.
"There really is not much to say," Tollefson said. "I would love to give you a story that he came in and we are going to rally around Michael Strahan's speech. He had some good stuff to say that was great to hear from a guy that you have so much respect for."
"We got to make chicken salad out of chicken you-know-what now," Tollefson said of finding a way to beat Green Bay. "We got to make something happen because if we just wait around for it, it is not going to happen."

lmao

CaptnRobb82

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I dont know about anyone else, but I am really glad that Drew Brees has taken the spotlight off of Aaron Rodgers this week. It gives Rodgers some room to breath and not worry about the hype.

Members online

Latest posts