OFFICIAL DEFENSIVE ISSUES THREAD

JoshuaRHuffman

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That wasn't prevent defense.

If it was, then how was Vincent Jackson getting open by 20 yards so much?

I'll tell you what...Tramon Williams needs to play like the shutdown cornerback that he can be. He's just getting burned way too much this season. Fix that and the defense will get better. I've given up on covering great tight-ends because these linebackers are just too slow to do it.

As far as SF.... GB isn't that bad of a matchup for them. They have Vernon Davis (we have no one who can cover him), great special teams, and a great front seven. I'd just question their secondary against someone like Rodgers or Brees.

whoartthou

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If Aaron Rodgers is on your team you can be delusional.

It's like if Joe Montana and Steve Young had a child together. It would be Aaron Rodgers.

Look, aaron rodgers is playing phenomenal at the moment, all-time great football. But he will eventually have a bad game (IT HAPPENS TO EVERYONE, hell michael jordan had bad games too), and his team (Defense) will need to lift him up. It is that simple.

Reaction score
But yeah the Defense needs to fix up, cause A-Rod will eventually have a bad game and the D will need to step it up
We don't have Bert anymore. A bad game for Rodgers will be a tipped ball for a pick and 2 bad throws. His decision making is at such a high level that he will not have a bad game. Everyone will have physical errors, but as long as you have good decision making, then no, Rodgers will never have a "bad game" in NFL terms.

Look, aaron rodgers is playing phenomenal at the moment, all-time great football. But he will eventually have a bad game (IT HAPPENS TO EVERYONE, hell michael jordan had bad games too), and his team (Defense) will need to lift him up. It is that simple.
But Michael Jordan played basketball. The best shooters only made 60% of their shots or less. Making baskets is the name of the game. In basketball, you also play 82+ games in a season along with less time to prepare per game. As long as Rodgers completes over 50% of his passes and limits where he puts the ball, he shouldn't ever throw an unreasonable amount of picks in a game and by our standards, not have a horrible game.

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
no offense, but you sometimes sound downright delusional

It's OK. Not everyone likes it when somebody criticizes the team. I'm usually on the sunshine and rainbows side but I have to be honest here and say I think there are some real concerns here. I think they can be fixed but I think it's perfectly legit for somebody to voice those concerns even after a win. Maybe it is best if we try to understand where each other is coming from and try to respect one another's opinions. I don't think a person on this forum is going to criticize the Packers with a malicious intent. Some of us are just brutally honest when it comes to criticism, it doesn't make them any less of a fan. I personally think discussing the problems with the D is a very worthwhile discussion, no matter what side you take on it.

JoshuaRHuffman

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We don't have Bert anymore. A bad game for Rodgers will be a tipped ball for a pick and 2 bad throws. His decision making is at such a high level that he will not have a bad game. Everyone will have physical errors, but as long as you have good decision making, then no, Rodgers will never have a "bad game" in NFL terms.

What about a blizzard in January?

Reaction score
What about a blizzard in January?
Then we would run the ball a lot and limit throws. If we lost, that wouldn't be Rodgers having a bad game but rather the Packers having a lackluster run offense. Rodgers could throw for 200 yards and a td in January but if Grant/Starks have only 50 yards on 25 carries, then the blame isn't at all on Rodgers.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score

gbpack12_2_89

Bleeding Green and Gold
Reaction score
Man its funny seeing so many people being "pam's" about this team... Man I bet you hope they lose next week so you guys can prove your point...For gods sake people we are 8-0 enjoy it!!Last time it happend was what 1962.......unreal how much people just like to B****

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
You guys would hold the Colts to under 20 points.

I am confident on this.

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
Man baltimores D just let up another TD man there D is the worst in the NFL count them outta the SB

And Ben is a horrible QB. Like Rivers is.

I think the Ravens and Packers should be eliminated from SB contention tonight.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
I know right?? packers D is horrible and there only 8-0 mine as well give up now and not play another down there dunzo

It's great to be 8-0 but when the players themselves are "down" after a victory, that ought to tell you something. Woodson, Williams, Matthews all said they did horrible today and they've got to fix it.

gbpack12_2_89

Bleeding Green and Gold
Reaction score
It's great to be 8-0 but when the players themselves are "down" after a victory, that ought to tell you something. Woodson, Williams, Matthews all said they did horrible today and they've got to fix it.
What are players going to say o we did a great job we did allow 30+ points......Rodgers says he need work after every game he plays even if he is 24/25 350 yards 4 TD's and 0 INT's

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
Well the steelers D must be worse than the Packers now right???

Flacco did it. He really really did it.

*wipes tear from eye*

He is growing up!!!! Just like Eli. Coming of age moments for QBs today.

gbpack12_2_89

Bleeding Green and Gold
Reaction score
Flacco did it. He really really did it.

*wipes tear from eye*

He is growing up!!!! Just like Eli. Coming of age moments for QBs today.
Man Flacco must be 100 times better of a QB than Rivers then right? Also, pitts D has to be 100 times worse than GB since they did give up the lead and lose the game....Thats logical thinking right?

gbpack12_2_89

Bleeding Green and Gold
Reaction score
“A lot of bad football,” a somber Woodson said in the corner of the locker room. “I don’t know what it was. Just chalk it up to bad football.”
Thats cool that he said that it was a bad day on D but to go as far as the OP did is ridiclous. Can I ask you what D you would want for today the Packers who won the game gave up yards and points or the steelers who gave up less yards and lost the game and gave up the most crucial points with 18 seconds left???

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
Thats cool that he said that it was a bad day on D but to go as far as the OP did is ridiclous. Can I ask you what D you would want for today the Packers who won the game gave up yards and points or the steelers who gave up less yards and lost the game and gave up the most crucial points with 18 seconds left???

I would take the Steelers D of today combined with the Packers offense of today. Here's another quote which has dire foreboding;

When told of Woodson’s “bad football” assessment, Williams said: “I feel the same way. We gave up too many big plays, obviously, again. We made the plays to win the game, but it’s hard to keep coming in here week after week, and guys are putting up yards on you. We’ve always been a turnover team, and it helps us out. But for guys to consistently put up yards on us like that, we’ve got to go soul searching and get it together. Whether it’s players or coaches, we’ve got to get together and do this. We’re 8-0, but we’re fortunate to be that.”

Notice the last few words.

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
Dungy thinks the Pack are the best but that your D is vulnerable to good QBs. Well, really no ****.

However he did say that a lot of times teams are playing catch up and have to pass so much so it can be misleading.

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
I would take the Steelers D of today combined with the Packers offense of today. Here's another quote which has dire foreboding;

When told of Woodson’s “bad football” assessment, Williams said: “I feel the same way. We gave up too many big plays, obviously, again. We made the plays to win the game, but it’s hard to keep coming in here week after week, and guys are putting up yards on you. We’ve always been a turnover team, and it helps us out. But for guys to consistently put up yards on us like that, we’ve got to go soul searching and get it together. Whether it’s players or coaches, we’ve got to get together and do this. We’re 8-0, but we’re fortunate to be that.”

Notice the last few words.

Look on the bright side. They realize they had some issues at least and are not sitting around patting each other on the back just for winning.

Members online

Latest posts