Official Bears vs Packers post-game thread [Merged Threads]

millertime

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Re: Official Bears vs Packers post-game thread.

Just wait till tomorrow. The bandwagon is going to have a TON of empty seats with the lashings we'll take in the press tomorrow.

I definitely see that coming. A 5-10 place drop in most power rankings. JJ bashing.

I am still on the bandwagon. This team has a shot to reach the superbowl. In a weak NFC, a consistent Packer team can be a serious threat.

millertime

Cheesehead
Reaction score

all about da packers said:
We shot ourselves in the foot.

Bears won, but it'd be more appropriate to say the Packers beat themselves.

We got our running game going, but we still lost. Turnovers killed us, we can't keep giving teams chances to win.

I wouldn't say the Packers beat themselves. Charles Tillman beat the Packers with help from Griese and the Bears' TE's (and the refs! lining up in front of the long snapper??? i smell bullsh!t!)

millertime

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Agreed, we beat an Eagles team on turnovers and penalties, now we lost one because of those same mistakes. This is a young team that can learn from this, there is plenty of season left to go.

Great point.

millertime

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Re: I SWEAR THE NFL IS RIGGED

every ****ing year the patriots are the best team the colts are close behind...... and watching this game tonight if those refs wernt paid then im not a packer fan, they ****** us over and over and we did turn the ball over but i mean they straight ****** us with calls

I agree that there were some questionable calls.

But I only noticed a obvious ones. The Greg Olson force-out was BS!!! The pass interference on Barnett was cheap along with the lining up in front of the longsnapper.

The ref's certainly did not help the Pack out very much. The thing that bugged me, was that every close call was called in the Bears' favor on the field. That makes it a lot harder to turn it over with a challenge.

OP
OP
A
Reaction score
Millertime, I agree the officiating was less than spectacular, but the penalty on Barnett was legit. I don't think he meant to do it, rather he just tried to tackle Wolfe ASAP and in the process ended up dragging him down by the facemask.

That's on Barnett to be more disciplined. And Olsen's pass was Olsen using his physical advantage over Bigby. He's got like 5 inches on him, and he really used them there.

matteogb4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i can't believe. i waked up this night (in italy the match was from 2.30am at 5.45am), we dominated the game and i went sleeping for a couple of hours with a L.

Gattocheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Re: Official Bears vs Packers post-game thread [Merged Threa

I didnt care about going 5-0, but we sure make a weak Bears team look good. I would have not minded losing to a winning team. This loss hits me extremely hard.

mike_donnelly

Cheesehead
Reaction score

come on, Bears only needed a QB who didn't give every throw to the defense to be decent, they aren't that bad.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score

mike_donnelly said:
come on, Bears only needed a QB who didn't give every throw to the defense to be decent, they aren't that bad.
They arn't that good, either. We made them look good. We outplayed, but handed them the game. When you can't protect the ball, and let the defender strip you TWICE, you need to do something about it. Jones is a rookie, and I'm sure he will fix it. I'm not blaming him alone for this loss, theres plenty of blame to go around. Over 300 yards of O in the first half, and only 17 points to show for it.

Hammer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Best TO ratio in the NFL? Dallas, Indy, NE.
Worst? NO and Miami.
That was the ball game, wasted chances, stupid plays, and lots of penalties.

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score

mike_donnelly said:
They arn't that good, either. We made them look good. We outplayed, but handed them the game. When you can't protect the ball, and let the defender strip you TWICE, you need to do something about it. Jones is a rookie, and I'm sure he will fix it. I'm not blaming him alone for this loss, theres plenty of blame to go around. Over 300 yards of O in the first half, and only 17 points to show for it.

I agree with Mike. They are a good team.
Their strengths are takeaways. If they get no takeaways, they usually don't do too well.
I strongly believe Grossman was holding them back. With Griese in there, they have a shot at the playoffs still, even with all those injuries.

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I had a late night (writing sermons is hard! Especially ones that are uplifting. especially after watching the game last night). Anyway,
1. you can't win 'em all.
2. we are better than the Bears, I think we can all agree with that. We'll play them again, so we can redeem this loss.
3. We're a young team which is going to make some ugly mistakes. Maybe it's better that we made SO MANY last night, instead of spreading them out. Let's hope this was just an isolated incident.
4. Deshawn Wynn is good.
5. Jennings is good.
6. Favre is good
7. Driver is good.
8. The O-line is getting much better
9. We just played really badly last night. it happens.

Gameth

Cheesehead
Reaction score

every ****ing year the patriots are the best team the colts are close behind...... and watching this game tonight if those refs wernt paid then im not a packer fan, they ****** us over and over and we did turn the ball over but i mean they straight ****** us with calls

I am so glad I saw this post. You are 100% right. Living in Chicagoland I talked to a lot of Bears fans this past week who agreed. HOW COULD THE PACKERS ONLY BE GIVING 3.5 PTS? They all said it was a trap and the fix was in.

Yes we turned the ball over, and over and over, etc. But how many times can we stop them on 3rd down and have a flag thrown?

Was my TV the only one that showed that hold on Barnett on the 3rd down run that we had reviewed for the correct spot? 100% hold that allowed the run to even be close to the 1st down marker. Where was the flag for that? They call crap 10 yards off the play any other time and one that happens 6 feet from the ball carrier is missed? Yah right. Its called keep the game close. Not have the Bears win outright but keep it within 3 pts.

I am so angry that my favorite sport allows this to happen. It really makes me think about the crap one of my buddies says. "EVERY SINGLE PRO SPORTS GAME IS FIXED!" Man I hope not.

Hammer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think it was good to have played the Giants and Chargers when they weren't playing as well as now. This loss makes up for some of that good fortune. Not saying that I accept the loss, or that NYG and SD are better than the Pack, but in the long run, good teams win the most games. Time will tell, this was just one game. The turnovers and the crappy reffing really **** me off though!!

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score

brennan1884 said:

I am so glad I saw this post. You are 100% right. Living in Chicagoland I talked to a lot of Bears fans this past week who agreed. HOW COULD THE PACKERS ONLY BE GIVING 3.5 PTS? They all said it was a trap and the fix was in.

Yes we turned the ball over, and over and over, etc. But how many times can we stop them on 3rd down and have a flag thrown?

Was my TV the only one that showed that hold on Barnett on the 3rd down run that we had reviewed for the correct spot? 100% hold that allowed the run to even be close to the 1st down marker. Where was the flag for that? They call crap 10 yards off the play any other time and one that happens 6 feet from the ball carrier is missed? Yah right. Its called keep the game close. Not have the Bears win outright but keep it within 3 pts.

I am so angry that my favorite sport allows this to happen. It really makes me think about the crap one of my buddies says. "EVERY SINGLE PRO SPORTS GAME IS FIXED!" Man I hope not.

The people who fix games don't fix games this big. Read a book by a man named Michael Francis (I think that's his name)

They rarely fix national televised games. He was a former mobster.

Most of the calls the refs made on the Pack were right on but they certainly let the Bears get away with a little more.

Bad call on Corey Williams though. He was clearly lined up at an angle like Madden pointed out.

HatestheEagles084

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Bad call on Corey Williams though. He was clearly lined up at an angle like Madden pointed out.

I didn't know that was a penalty

I don't know why that is a penalty

Even so, that wasnt a penalty

And even so, the spot review with 3 minutes left, why even move the ball back if it's still a first down...they sounded unsure, the ref even went "we're gonna try putting the ball at the 42...some ********..."

warhawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The call on Williams was dead wrong and MM replied to a question about it in a way that makes me believe the league officials will here about that one. That official took a rarely called infraction to the extreme.
That cost the Packers four points.

We could have been going down there at the end needing a FG to tie which is huge.

It's hard to see the holding calls but that put us back deep like three times and was a big part in never getting anything going the second half. I don't know why but they didn't replay a single play where we were called for holding. I would have liked to see it because that play on Williams showed me they were looking very close at everything we did.

Even Tausher got a hold. That is a rarity and makes me think they were being very nitpicky out there. I don't believe in fixing games nearly as much as I believe there are some pretty ****** officials in this league.

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
the old adage, theres a hold on every play. or theres a penalty on every play... certainly applied to the packers last night. I dont want to believe theres fixing of games. and i cant stand whining about a ref decision... but damn man, makes you wonder. I mean not that the Pack didnt commit penalties, i just think they called **** they usually wouldnt, like lining up over the center...come on man...

not whining, and i dont even really care that much... to me we were the better team and just played about the worst half of football imaginable. we will be aight.

screwballl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This game was lost by the officials. The bogus Bears TD saying he was pushed out. The bogus holding call for 10 yards when the bears only got 5 each time. The lineup during the Williams call was completely bogus.
I saw the replays on each of these calls from several angles and each one was a bogus call.
Even the ball placement for that first down, the packers won the challenge and got the ball moved, yet they charged then with a timeout because they claimed that the challenge was for the first down, not the ball placement.
The Pack should have had this game by 3.

Latest posts