Official 2022 week 2 pregame thread: It's time to hunt some Bears

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We've been here before in week 2...following an autrocious (actually worse than this year) week 1 hoping for a bounce back.

I expect us to do just that. I'm not confident enough to say it will be easy...but I think we get the W.

Jayzee1981

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If they lose to the Bears I will trade away my fantasy team for scrubs. Merry Xmas!

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not sure which games "the betting experts" were watching but right now GB is favored by 9.5-10 points. Hopefully this is a get-right game.

Quay Walker has a chance to play so dodged a bullet on a severe shoulder issue.

Last edited:

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
As someone else already mentioned, the 9.5 point spread means that the odd makers don't have a rats you know what about the Bears win, and about the Packers loss.

JK64

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We have a lot to clean up by Sunday night. Don't sleep on the Bears. They just beat the 49ers and put up three touchdowns on them in one half.
Yes, this is definitely a concern. The Packers have to play much better if they want to win.

D

Deleted member 6794

The Bears are probably an 8 Win team at best.

I highly doubt the Bears will come anywhere close to winning eight games.

Not sure which games "the betting experts" were watching but right now GB is favored by 9.5-10 points.

I fully agree with them that the Packers should be heavily favored to win against the Bears by a comfortable margin even after struggling in week 1.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
Almost a must win. You don't want to be 0-2 with both losses in the division, and then have to play at Brady the following week.
Definitely should increase the urgency level. It's on LaFleur to make it happen. He definitely owns a significant portion of the blame for that performance.

Krabs

I take offense to that sir.
Reaction score
We have a lot to clean up by Sunday night. Don't sleep on the Bears. They just beat the 49ers and put up three touchdowns on them in one half.
Agreed there is a lot to clean up. The o-line was a bit of a mess, we had receivers running the wrong routes and Jefferson seemingly running free for no reason. However, beating the 49ers in a monsoon doesn't really mean much to me. The 9ers started Lance for his first game. The offensive output was about what we generally see from them. They are not a juggernaut on that side of the ball. Fields and company struggled mightily offensively themselves. If it wasn't for a couple of broken plays they could barely move the the ball. I watched that one and it was a snoozer. Fields at one point threw into quadruple coverage. Some might argue it was quintuple coverage. Even Moose said he didn't know where Fields was going with that one. He will give us some opportunities for turnovers. I say we bounce back in a big way.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I watched a lot of it too and did not think it was a snoozer. Neither QB looked good but the bear D came to play. Being at home helped them. It was not a monsoon. It was wet. Personally, I like games in weather. As opposed to antisceptic enclosed stadiums, but I know that is not the way it is anymore. There are many more sports writers and fans these days that understanding the game is just not as important as having fun and talking about feelings, relationships and assorted other crap. imho

Krabs

Reaction score
I watched a lot of it too and did not think it was a snoozer. Neither QB looked good but the bear D came to play. Being at home helped them. It was not a monsoon. It was wet. Personally, I like games in weather. As opposed to antisceptic enclosed stadiums, but I know that is not the way it is anymore. There are many more sports writers and fans these days that understanding the game is just not as important as having fun and talking about feelings, relationships and assorted other crap. imho
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

We must have not been watching the same game then. They actually started putting black lines over the field markings via computers so people watching on TV could see where the ball was on the field. It was absolutely pouring in the 2nd half of that game. Anyway, I thought it was boring.

Reaction score
I didnt watch, but if that game was any wetter they'd be inside Lake Michigan. That would have been a fine game for the Dolphins!

Reaction score
Was that the QB in the purple Goloshes? They were very stylish and probably perfect for the Vikings

Krabs

Reaction score
Was that the QB in the purple Goloshes? They were very stylish and probably perfect for the Vikings
Not sure, thought it was funny. Probably not the definition of a true monsoon, but I don't know if I've ever seen more rain for a game in my life.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not sure, thought it was funny. Probably not the definition of a true monsoon, but I don't know if I've ever seen more rain for a game in my life.
because their field is once again, ****.
Between 12-3 Chicago got about 1/2 of an inch of rain. yeah, that will make you wet and it's more than a light drizzle, but that field is crap. Didn't drain at all.

Krabs

Reaction score
because their field is once again, ****.
Between 12-3 Chicago got about 1/2 of an inch of rain. yeah, that will make you wet and it's more than a light drizzle, but that field is crap. Didn't drain at all.
My whole point was that one has to take that into account when analyzing that game. Yes, both had to play in it, but it's hard to really judge either team and tack onto it the week 1 factor. I fully expect the Packers to beat the Bears.

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Last time I checked, both teams were playing on the same field in the same conditions.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score

We must have not been watching the same game then. They actually started putting black lines over the field markings via computers so people watching on TV could see where the ball was on the field. It was absolutely pouring in the 2nd half of that game. Anyway, I thought it was boring.
"Send me the photos. I'll make the war."
William Randolph Hearst
I'll admit the conditions were a little out there. But not as bad as those pics. Though I wish the cameras these days would not eliminate the weather during the game.

Krabs

Reaction score
Last time I checked, both teams were playing on the same field in the same conditions.
Yes, I said that already.
My whole point was that one has to take that into account when analyzing that game. Yes, both had to play in it, but it's hard to really judge either team and tack onto it the week 1 factor. I fully expect the Packers to beat the Bears.

Krabs

Reaction score
"Send me the photos. I'll make the war."
William Randolph Hearst
I'll admit the conditions were a little out there. But not as bad as those pics. Though I wish the cameras these days would not eliminate the weather during the game.
I'm struggling a bit with this one. Again, I watched it and especially in the 4th quarter it was a complete down pour. "Most neighborhoods in the Chicago area received between four and six inches of rain on Sunday", according to NBC Chicago. "Flash Flood Warnings were issued for the start of the noon game".

I don't want to get into an argument about the weather, but my son had to play in it too. It was pretty miserable sitting in it. It was a consistent and steady rain for hours. Thankfully, we were up by so much that the mercy rule came into affect and the game ended early. My only point in all of this is that one can't really judge how good the Bears, or 49ers, are in a game like this and in week 1 to boot. Defense gets the advantage and it sure seemed like that was the case most of the game. Although, both teams scored more than the Packers and they were in a dome. :(

Here's a photo of the end of the game where they added digital lines to the field. Nice try Fox!

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts