Official 2018 3rd round pick: Oren Burks, LB

Patriotplayer90

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Intriguing athlete. Hopefully this isn't like the Josh Jones/Fackrell/Montravius Adams pick, where the athlete is impressive, but the player sucks.

H

HardRightEdge

Burks in trade up at #88 in exchange for #101 (4th. round) and #147 (5th. round).

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
Nice! If Jones is a SS, as I assume he is given this move, then WILB was quietly the biggest hole on the roster.

Burks is a safety convert to linebacker. He has plus athleticism and cover skills. He’s 6’3” 233 with long arms. He ran 4.59 at the combine. His short shuttle was 81st %, his 3C 90th%, his vertical 90th%, and his broad 97th%.

82 tackles, 7 for loss, 1 INT, and 3 PBU last year.

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Burks is a guy I've seen spoken about highly by several scouts. Under the radar, legit shot at being an all around play maker for us. Betting Pettine had heavy input in this pick. Gang, I'm really liking what I'm seeing from the new regime.

gonzozab

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Director of pro personnel John Wojciechowski said the Packers will play third-round pick Oren Burks at ILB. “The versatility that he brings to us, he’s athletic and he’s going to be able to cover the field side to side. Coverage wise, he’s definitely going to be able to help us.”

Unfortunately I don't see him being more than a special teams player. Wasted pick.

H

HardRightEdge

Nice! If Jones is a SS, as I assume he is given this move, then WILB was quietly the biggest hole on the roster.

Burks is a safety convert to linebacker. He has plus athleticism and cover skills. He’s 6’3” 233 with long arms. He ran 4.59 at the combine. His short shuttle was 81st %, his 3C 90th%, his vertical 90th%, and his broad 97th%.

82 tackles, 7 for loss, 1 INT, and 3 PBU last year.
Yeah, Jones probably belongs on the back end where he can use his closing speed. He looked like a fish out of water playing up in coverage.

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Dime ILB at the worst.

Raw player, fairly new to the position, decent size, great athleticism.

I mean, that's the kind of player you take a shot on. Everybody at Vanderbilt loved him. He fits the new era of football in the NFL.

So Day 1 and 2 we ended up with Jaire Alexander, Josh Jackson, Oren Burks, and a 2019 1st round pick. If you wouldn't have been happy with that a week ago, you're a liar.

H

HardRightEdge

As much as a good versatile LB is for us, I would've used a trade in the 3rd round to give Rodgers a weapon.
I liked Gallup quite a bit for the 3rd. round. He went off at #81. I liked the way he tracks and adjusts to the deep ball, something that is not an Adams strength.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
Yeah, Jones probably belongs on the back end where he can use his closing speed. He looked like a fish out of water playing up in coverage.

The defense is going to be a lot faster if they’re getting King, Alexander, Jones, and Burks out there together.

Members online

Latest posts