Offense and Route Combos

PackinMSP

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Everyone seems to say that the Offensive Scheme is built around early 2000's to 2010 schemes that rely on beating "man to man" coverage, which is a HUGE reason why players aren't "open enough" (as AR put it)

The thing with that kind of offense is, you need a WR corp of Jennnings, Jones, Nelson, Driver, Finley... pretty much all above average to star level players to work.

It's the old "thinking" that our #3 WR is better than your #3 CB...

Even running slant patterns, I suppose that is still somewhat of a "1 on 1"type of mismatch. The WR has to get enough separation from the DB to be "open enough". This is same for Fly/Go routes and Drag/In routes.

What kind of new offensive scheme and/or WR/TE route combinations is everyone expecting?

More natural pick plays? more timing? more bunch plays?

???

7thFloorRA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
IMO they need far less timing plays. Rodgers wants to hit a wr at a certain spot at a certain time and I think that has alot to do with his inaccuracy. He needs to go back to quicker routes that require him to read the defense and the scramble drill for the wr's needs to involve them running in all directions and not straight down the field. I think I saw one single comeback play to Kumerow this year.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Better protection and throw on time and everything is fine. I saw more than enough missed plays because of not catching, poor passing, not seeing, not having time to see to know that until those things are fixed, nothing else matters.

shockerx

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Better protection and throw on time and everything is fine. I saw more than enough missed plays because of not catching, poor passing, not seeing, not having time to see to know that until those things are fixed, nothing else matters.
I think thats about correct, I would add, look at the Colts this last off season they were very bold taking two OL there first two picks...including Q. Nelson a Gaurd for there first pick..a true tone setter in the trenches... Plus the Colts re-schemed there routes to get the ball out of Lucks hands...likely saving his career. the Colts went from giving up the most sacks in 2017 to fewest in 2018. The Packers should blueprint what the Colts did. Get The Big guys early! save Rodgers.

Members online

Latest posts