Odell Beckham

bubba

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would absolutely love this guy if he was there at 21. He solves 2 problems. He is a Quality wide receiver and an excellent return man. Everyone is worried about safety and middle linebacker but I believe the Packers will move Hyde to safety and play more of a 4-3 this year than normal. I would rather take a flyer on Boreland, Skov or Buchannon later on. There will also be some Quality TE available later. I just think Beckham is going to be a stud and I believe if he is available at 21 Ted is going to snatch him up. What do you guys think?

yooperpackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would absolutely love this guy if he was there at 21. He solves 2 problems. He is a Quality wide receiver and an excellent return man. Everyone is worried about safety and middle linebacker but I believe the Packers will move Hyde to safety and play more of a 4-3 this year than normal. I would rather take a flyer on Boreland, Skov or Buchannon later on. There will also be some Quality TE available later. I just think Beckham is going to be a stud and I believe if he is available at 21 Ted is going to snatch him up. What do you guys think?
I think it's more likely Ted will take a TE in the 1st than a receiver.
I do think he will grab a WR/KR fairly early though.

D

Deleted member 6794

While I like Beckham I´d rather have the Packers draft a taller guy. In addition I don´t think the Packers will draft a WR in the first round.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I can't condone taking a WR in the first round.

#1- Teddy, this Packers team, has enjoyed great success drafting unheralded, underhyped, talented WR's in rounds 2-7.
See Jennings, Jordy, Cobb, Jones, even Driver before Teddy. Terrence Murphy was another good WR who would have become a stud, and I think he was a 3rd rounder.

#2- A Great WR is not as instrumental to winning Super Bowls as a great safety or ILB is.

I want Pryor, Shazier, or Borland with our first pick, whatever # that first pick is.
Each of those 3 IMO will make us better right away in a different way.

D

Deleted member 6794

Moseley > Borland

No doubt about that, but while it's uncertain if Mosley will be there at #21 it's probable Borland is available for the Packers in the second, maybe even in the third round.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No doubt about that, but while it's uncertain if Mosley will be there at #21 it's probable Borland is available for the Packers in the second, maybe even in the third round.
I have seen thousands of mocks, and probably 90% of them, nationally too, Borland is gone before our 2nd pick.
This includes good national guys like Mike Mayock and Mel Kiper.
Some have Borland going late round 1.

D

Deleted member 6794

I have seen thousands of mocks, and probably 90% of them, nationally too, Borland is gone before our 2nd pick.
This includes good national guys like Mike Mayock and Mel Kiper.
Some have Borland going late round 1.

I don't think Mayock has already done a mock draft as the NFL Network has a ridiculous three hour show with his mock draft the day before the draft.

In addition I don't care about mock drafts and don't think Borland would be a value pick for the Packers before the third round.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't think Mayock has already done a mock draft as the NFL Network has a ridiculous three hour show with his mock draft the day before the draft.

In addition I don't care about mock drafts and don't think Borland would be a value pick for the Packers before the third round.
I don't care if you personally like him or not, but assuming Borland will be there in round 2 or 3 for us is extremely speculative, naive IMO based on all the rankings, projections, and mocks I have seen from people across the USA.

You might not like Borland or Shazier.
That doesn't mean they aren't going to be good ILBs in the NFL.

I am in SEC/Big12 country and am well aware the Big10 pales in comparison.
However, you seem to have more bias against these 2 fine football players from the Big Ten, for some reason.

Time will tell.

D

Deleted member 6794

I don't care if you personally like him or not, but assuming Borland will be there in round 2 or 3 for us is extremely speculative, naive IMO based on all the rankings, projections, and mocks I have seen from people across the USA.

NFL Draft Scout has ranked him 79th overall, projected to be drafted in the second or third round while Nolan Nawrocki has him going in rounds 4-5. I don't care about a lot of the mock drafts you posted in another thread as those guys don't possess any credibility IMO.

You might not like Borland or Shazier.
That doesn't mean they aren't going to be good ILBs in the NFL.

Shazier will be a good player in the NFL, not as a 3-4 ILB though.

Dylan Hoppe

Cheesehead
Reaction score
NFL Draft Scout has ranked him 79th overall, projected to be drafted in the second or third round while Nolan Nawrocki has him going in rounds 4-5. I don't care about a lot of the mock drafts you posted in another thread as those guys don't possess any credibility IMO.

Shazier will be a good player in the NFL, not as a 3-4 ILB though.

What does Borland do so well anyway? I'm not an expert on him at all, I'm from the Kansas City area, so I have no reason to be, but with what I've heard about him, he seems to be like AJ Hawk. A good but unspectacular player.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Vrill

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think Mosley will be there at 21. Question is, will TT pull the trigger on it? I think LBs will start making a run in the 20s.

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Shazier will be very good and he could line up as ILB or OLB in a 3-4. I don't know what you see that makes you think he can't be good inside in a 34. He will be much better than Hawk and Hawk has started for Packers since they switched to 34.

Wood Chipper

Fantasy Football Guru
Reaction score
We have bigger concerns than WR. Plus this WR class is deep so we can wait till round 2 or 3.

HyponGrey

Caseus Locutus Est
Reaction score
Shazier will be very good and he could line up as ILB or OLB in a 3-4. I don't know what you see that makes you think he can't be good inside in a 34. He will be much better than Hawk and Hawk has started for Packers since they switched to 34.
He'll wash as an OLB, and he couldn't play Hawk's side at ILB. He'd beat out Brad though.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Beckman is talented.
We don't need to use our #1 pick on him or any WR that will be available.

I compare it like this:

In 2006, EVERYONE rated WR Chad Jackson ahead of Greg Jennings. It was the Florida stud ahead of the Western Michigan small school kid.

Teddy ***** Belichick on that trade down, Little Bill took Jackson, and Teddy got Jennings later, in the bottom part of round 2.

Teddy will find just as talented of a WR in round 2 or 3 as some will take in the late 1st or early 2nd.

It works for him.

I have moved the Borland discussion to his own thread.

Members online

Latest posts