Observations from watching Giants-Eagles game

Texpackerfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I just watched the Eagles-Giants game and noticed a few things that hopefully GB will as well to beat the Giants.

-Generally, when Vick runs he runs out of bounds reducing his chances of getting hurt. Also, a big part of their comeback was Vick running. Could Rodgers do the same?

- The Giants blitz A LOT, as usual. If Rodgers is extremely accurate and they have plays that enable him to get the ball out quickly, the Giants could get burned, a LOT. Also, GB better have some protection packages to prevent Rodgers from getting hurt.

- Manning is NOT Tom Brady. The Defense should be able to make Manning look pedestrian.

That's all i got for now.

Anything else?

YouFrgotPoland

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If Rodgers is on his game I hope they blitz all day, because he's pretty much the best in the league against the blitz when he is.

I'm almost positive Eli will do us some favors, but he's not who I'm worried about. Tramon is an effing stud this year so he should contain Nicks, and Woodson can more than handle Manningham.

I'm much more worried about their ground game. Jacobs and Ahmad can potentially run all over us tomorrow. Hopefully the same run D that showed up against the Jets will show up.

At the end of the day there's no reason for us to not win this game, as long as we play like we want it. If we don't want it enough, NY will and they'll take it, and that's exactly what happened in 2007. If we don't show up for a game this important, we don't deserve to be in the playoffs anyway.

Go Pack Go!

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Our OL made the Lions front 4 look like the Purple People Eaters of the 1970's.
The Giants OL is a lot better than the Lions. Well other than Suh.

This game will most likely come down to 3 things:
1- turnovers
2- special teams
3- bad calls

We've been pretty good in category 1, but #2 & #3 seem to never go our way.

VolvoD

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Our OL made the Lions front 4 look like the Purple People Eaters of the 1970's.
The Giants OL is a lot better than the Lions. Well other than Suh.

This game will most likely come down to 3 things:
1- turnovers
2- special teams
3- bad calls

We've been pretty good in category 1, but #2 & #3 seem to never go our way.

but at least the giants special teams arent so special either.

JCpackers04

Cheesehead
Reaction score
stop their pass rush and let Rodgers have time will be a huge factor in this game. i think if we can do that then our offense will put up some points.

as a side note im pretty worried about the Giants run game. big heavy runners like Brandon Jacobs are not our defenses forte. he could have a big day if our tackling is as poor as against NE.

2411t

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This game scares the hell out of me. It's make or break for both teams here on out. What does that mean? Desperation.

And that means you can bet NY to play dirty as hell. I will not be suprised if they take a couple late hits on Rodgers and potentially knock him out of the game...

Very nervous about this game. So NY gets flagged for a couple unsportsmanlike/late hits... they still win if they knock Rodgers out.

missinghoagies

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Don't think NYG will blitz as much as from what I heard the Giants blitzed to contain Vick, full every gap, make him get the ball out of his hands, they had 2 breakdowns which should have been sacks and Vick burned them with long runs. Not overly concerned with Jacobs as I am Bradshaw, I think the Pack will handle Jacobs but Bradshaw has the ability to make guys miss unlike Jacobs although he will put the ball on the ground. I think Matthews and Woodson have big games and the Pack win a little more comfortably then expected although who really knows:)

Members online

Latest posts