Observations from editing 'plays'

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
I'm doing the highlights for the game, right. Well, the biggest weakness was BY FAR Marquand Manuel. Al Harris was consistently telling Manuel where to be AFTER the play was done.

Poppinga has to work on his pass coverage too.

Another observation while doing the editing for the highlights clip.

Favre overthrew his WR five times early in the fourth quarter.

First INT @ 11:42
Looks as if Jennings was supposed to keep going post down field but curled in. From my limited experience of being a WR and QB in organized ball. I think this was on the WR.

Second INT @ 8:25
Again to Jennings. Again no pressure on Brett. He was rolling to his right. Threw the ball accross the body to the middle of the field where four Bears where waiting for it. If Brett throws this ball harder it's a touchdown.
Jennings had the Bears beat.

I initially thought the passes that Brett threw were all on him. Turns out the first one was on Jennings and the second one was a bad decision, but ****, down 26 points with less than nine minutes to go you have to go for it. Jennings DID have the secondary BEAT!

The ball was jus underthrown.

OL was fine on run blocking.
Freaking terrible on pass blocking. The right side was constantly getting schooled. Even Tausch.

The running defense was pretty solid. 3 yard per carry isn't too bad. But one could counter the Packers knew they were going to run.

The passing defense was horrendous.

Brett over threw his WR numerous times. I counted six in the second half alone. I started counting at the end of the third quarter and lost track after the second INT.

Brett had the Bears in his face the majority of the game.

Ahman Green is the least of our teams worries. He's back to his old form. Hitting holes solid, got a nice burst too.

4thand26

Cheesehead
Reaction score
One comment on Green. With the Packers down 26-0 and 9 minutes left in the 4th quarter, Green had 62 yards on 15 carries - a respectable average but not many yards. He ended 110 yards on 20 carries. That means he got 48 yards on 5 carries.

I have Green for my second FF RB, so I liked the yards, but I am not sure that he had as good of a game as most people think.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i think thats definitely something to look at

but he did it without henderson

who will be back next week

4thand26

Cheesehead
Reaction score
True. Did you see Henderson on the sidelines. He was fired up. I think he is the definition of the word warrior.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
yeah, he wanted to play, but hes key to the run game, so we need him healthy.

the thing is, if we had henderson, we mighta picked up the 1st down on GBs first posession when they didnt get a 3rd and short...

DAMN! lol

Philtration

Cheesehead
Reaction score
4thand26 said:
One comment on Green. With the Packers down 26-0 and 9 minutes left in the 4th quarter, Green had 62 yards on 15 carries - a respectable average but not many yards. He ended 110 yards on 20 carries. That means he got 48 yards on 5 carries.

I have Green for my second FF RB, so I liked the yards, but I am not sure that he had as good of a game as most people think.

The Bears D was also playing the pass in the 2nd half and were droping off of the line of scrimage. That lead to Green getting a few longer runs when the score was getting out of hand.
Not a knock on him, just the way the Bears wanted to defend it and it worked very well.

wpr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Zero2Cool said:
Well. I was kind of right on Brett's first pick. It was on Jennings but he ran 17 yards instead of the 15 the route was slated for.
Greg Jennings Locker Room

I don't have a prob w/ a rookie messing up on a route in his 1st NFL game. if he keeps running the wrong routes week after week it will get a bit annoying to say the least.

umair

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i dont think he will mess up on his routes by the 3rd or 4th game. hopefully he will learn from his mistakes. as the season goes on he will only get better.

i agree that henderson will boost the run game alot.

i say dont bring him onto the field until he is 95% because you dont want to take the chance of him getting hurt.

PackFanInSC

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Philtration said:
4thand26 said:

The Bears D was also playing the pass in the 2nd half and were droping off of the line of scrimage. That lead to Green getting a few longer runs when the score was getting out of hand.
Not a knock on him, just the way the Bears wanted to defend it and it worked very well.

Green has historically gotten his most productive work late in the game as 1) teams play prevent defense and 2) the defenders are getting worn down or subs are coming in. Dismissing his 100 yard game (which he did not get even once last year before his injury) against the #1 defense would be like dismissing a QBs 300 yard game just because his team was down and he had to play catch-up. You play with the situation you are given.

wpr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
all about da packers said:
Umair, proper grammer such as capitals in the right place would be nice to see. :)
it's the e e *******'s thing. i do it myself every once in a while. :wink:

Latest posts