NYT asks Are Packer fans the classiest in NFL?

Arodgers12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Giant fans are great people. I still remember how nice they were after they beat us in 07. I cant hate that team even though I was bitter about that loss for a long time. Saints fans, Cardinal fans when they were good were total jerks on their forums when we played them.

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think it's a standard we should try to live up to. I always look at it like I represent my team. But sometimes it is hard to behave yourself!

N

NYGIANTS141

I'd say so. You never hear about any bad incidents coming from this group of fans. Just fans who love their team and have enough self respect to keep cool, much like most Giants fans.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'd say so. You never hear about any bad incidents coming from this group of fans. Just fans who love their team and have enough self respect to keep cool, much like most Giants fans.
I don't know where you live (You could be on the moon for all we know) but is the stereotype/truth of NY being a rude place still true?

A joke I read in Playboy years ago:
How do you perform CPR in New York?
You point at the person on the ground and yell "Get up before you f****n die!!"

realcaliforniacheese

A-Rods Boss
Reaction score
When I was in green bay for the opener. They had the streets all closed off. Beer cans and bottles were a foot deep in all the gutters. I didn't see one fight or altercation. I went up to two cops standing around shooting the bull and told them if they were in Oakland they would be working their ***** off. The San Diego game was probably the easiest game the cops in San Diego had all year. One of the main reasons I chose the Pack as my team originally was because of the fans. I wanted to be one of them.

I forked out almost 120o out of my pocket on faith that those coffee cans would get filled for the tailgate. My wife was freeking a little but I kept saying these are Packer fans, I'll get it back.

I can't speak for other countries but I would be very surprised if there were a fan base more loyal and classy than the Packers. Just ask the volunteers cleaning snow this weekend, or the shareholders that help keep this team competitive in a town of 100,000. or the fans on this board from all over the world.

SanDiegoCheese

West Coast Cheesehead
Reaction score
I forked out almost 120o out of my pocket on faith that those coffee cans would get filled for the tailgate. My wife was freeking a little but I kept saying these are Packer fans, I'll get it back.

Your tailgate was EPIC!!! We took pics, but my wife lost the camera along with her wallet at the game that day. :tdown: I didn't see any name tags so I was just talking to peeps about PackerForum. I met a few members and had blast.

RCC: I hope you got your $1200 back, I donated in the designated coffee can next to the food. :tup:

12theTruth

Giants fans are right at the top when it comes to class. As opposed to Cowboy fans. Arrogant as all get up. Not too impressed with Viking fans either.

realcaliforniacheese

A-Rods Boss
Reaction score
Your tailgate was EPIC!!! We took pics, but my wife lost the camera along with her wallet at the game that day. :tdown: I didn't see any name tags so I was just talking to peeps about PackerForum. I met a few members and had blast.

RCC: I hope you got your $1200 back, I donated in the designated coffee can next to the food. :tup:

Yep, they were packer fans. what killed me was while I was buying stuff for the tailgate like the packer table clothes and the salt and pepper shakers and plates I would keep buying things for me. So I got all the tailgate money back but I am still paying off my stuff. Hell I will be paying for this whole year for a few years. But it's been a hell of a year. One more game to go, hope it Ends like it started. Saints V Packers. Bummer you guys lost your camera and wallet, that put a damper on a perfect day.

Powarun

Big Bay Blues fan
Reaction score
Um, I can own up to my last game, which was teh Packers Giants game last year that there was a Giants fan that got annoying yelling, GO ELI! and I would shout after him, "Throw a pick." And Eli did throw a few pick, but the guy left early and I felt bad thinking I was taunting him so much. But his team was beat and he could of just wanted to beat the traffic.

Yet I did thank some Oakland fans for going to teh Green Bay game a few weeks ago, when I went to a bar to see that game. So hopefully that evens it out.

PackFanNChiTown

Bear Fan's Bane
Reaction score
It's interesting, I wanted to talk to a few Raider fans about Reggie McKenzie being on their team so did a search for Raider Forums and it appeared RaiderNation.net was at the top.

Showed up, registered, posted a polite "not here to say anything negative about the team, just wanted to share some thoughts on McKenzie," etc.

Soon after my post was deleted and my IP was blocked...

Go figure...

realcaliforniacheese

A-Rods Boss
Reaction score
It's interesting, I wanted to talk to a few Raider fans about Reggie McKenzie being on their team so did a search for Raider Forums and it appeared RaiderNation.net was at the top.

Showed up, registered, posted a polite "not here to say anything negative about the team, just wanted to share some thoughts on McKenzie," etc.

Soon after my post was deleted and my IP was blocked...

Go figure...
You needed to use profanity. you should have prefixed everything with F*** and they would have listened.

Powarun

Big Bay Blues fan
Reaction score
Poor you, I knew you were somewhere down there. Too bad you can't find a teleporter to get you up here more.

N

NYGIANTS141

I don't know where you live (You could be on the moon for all we know) but is the stereotype/truth of NY being a rude place still true?

A joke I read in Playboy years ago:
How do you perform CPR in New York?
You point at the person on the ground and yell "Get up before you f****n die!!"

No, its not rude at all. I live in Brooklyn NY, and I made my way to the game last week. Went alone, everyone was respectful and the couple of Falcons fans there were treated extremely well. Don't know what exactly you mean by rude but i love the people here.

GreenBayGal

Cheese Goddess
Reaction score
No, its not rude at all. I live in Brooklyn NY, and I made my way to the game last week. Went alone, everyone was respectful and the couple of Falcons fans there were treated extremely well. Don't know what exactly you mean by rude but i love the people here.
I have two sons that live in Brooklyn. I've always found the people to be very friendly during my visits. Even talk of football with brooklyn-ites has been relatively unheated. For the record, my sons are still Packer fans.

N

NYGIANTS141

I have two sons that live in Brooklyn. I've always found the people to be very friendly during my visits. Even talk of football with brooklyn-ites has been relatively unheated. For the record, my sons are still Packer fans.

Yup, love it here. And when it comes to football, as long as you demonstrate your ability to have somewhat intelligent conversations without talking trash for no reason then Giants fans usually respond positively, even at the games.

WarGiants

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Members online

Latest posts