Now it starts - D-Line Coach being looked at

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Arkansas assistant eyed as defensive line coach

By Dylan B. Tomlinson
PackersNews.com

After losing defensive line coach Jethro Franklin to the University of Southern California, Green Bay Packers coach Mike Sherman is looking to the college ranks to find his replacement.

Sherman has targeted University of Arkansas defensive line coach Tracy Rocker, although it is unclear whether or when Rocker will interview.

Arkansas coach Houston Nutt said Monday that the Packers had not requested permission to interview Rocker, but he said he would not be shocked if such a request was forthcoming.

Bettie_Page

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I looks like Bates is going to bring in his buddy Robert Nunn who served as assistant defensive line coach and defensive quality control coach under Bates in Miami from 2000-'02. He left in '03 to become defensive line coach in Washington under Steve Spurrier.

After being fired along with the rest of Spurrier's staff, Nunn returned to Miami in '04 and worked as a volunteer assistant.

Sanders, 51, coached the Dolphins linebackers for the last four seasons but indications are that linebackers coach Mark Duffner will be returning. Either Sanders or Duffner could fit as coach of the defensive nickel package.

gotarace27

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I hope this is a good man for the job and not just the buddy system working again.
What i have to say about Bates buddies are the come from a program that works.........His buddies are coaches that know his scheam and have been on one of the highest ranked defenses in the NFL year in and year out!!!
This is a far cry from Mike Sherman giving a defensive backs coach a job as defensive coordinator!!!!!!!!!

eastcoastpacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
From what I read on another forum,he is bring in a few of them.They said iit was list in JS. Bob Sanders for the linebacker coach,and Robert Nunn,the D-line. :towel: :USA:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts