Notebook: LB Thompson Resting, Recovering In Hospital

News Bot

News Bot
Reaction score
Outside linebacker Jeremy Thompson is resting and recovering at Bellin Hospital in Green Bay Friday evening after suffering a serious neck sprain toward the end of practice.

Thompson, who battled neck and shoulder stingers throughout training camp this past summer, went down late during Friday's practice with what was originally termed another neck stinger. Thompson remained down for several minutes and an ambulance was summoned to take him to St. Vincent Hospital, also in Green Bay, for a complete battery of tests.

Thompson never lost consciousness nor experienced paralysis at any point.

"We're just taking the high side of caution here," Head Coach Mike McCarthy said following practice.

During a team (11-on-11) drill with the defense going against the scout-team offense, Thompson tried to tackle practice-squad running back Kregg Lumpkin on an inside running play.

"His head hit my shoulder pad as I was going through the hole, and after tha..

Source: Packers.com

OP
OP
News Bot

News Bot

News Bot
Reaction score
Packers linebacker Thompson injures neck at practice

Packers linebacker Jeremy Thompson will stay overnight at a Green Bay hospital after suffering a scary neck injury during practice Friday."Jeremy Thompson suffered a neck sprain near the end of Friday's practice," the Packers said in a statement. "There was...

Source: ProFootballTalk.com

NYPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hope he gets better, after seeing what the injury bug has done to this time for the past couple of seasons I don't want any more bad things to happen. However coming out of the preseason I was hoping to see more out of Thompson considering the immense praise he got for picking up the 3-4 defense quickly.

CM_Awesome

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Went on ESPN and people were leaving comments saying "Oh I wish it could have been Ted Thompson and not Jeremy Thompson." How sick is that? You can disagree with the guy's moves, but to wish he was in the hospital? Disgusting.

Ted's Zombie Army

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ted should change his first name to Tommy, just to mess everybody up. Who the hell in Wisconsin doesn't love Tommy Thompson?

Members online

Latest posts