Not voting for me for MVP? You're a BUM!

Arod2gjdd

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The best part too is like....
Rodgers donated *millions* to charity and small businesses before this season during the pandemic (not to mention plenty of other charitable causes in the past like the 2018 Camp Fire relief, MACC, etc). This season alone we saw a guy driving drunk hit someone at 150mph and kill them. (and then another Raiders player arrested for DUI just days ago) We had Urban Meyer ditching his team after a game to go out to a club and get grinded on by some random girl. God only knows how many players with DUI or assault or domestic abuse charges. But yeah...biggest jerk in the league.

This is a great point. How hyperbolic it is to call AR the "biggest jerk in the league" when there are humans like Tyreek Hill running around. SMH.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
I recall hearing of HOF voters that will vote against a shoo-in just because no one should go in unanimously in their opinion.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
I recall hearing of HOF voters that will vote against a shoo-in just because no one should go in unanimously in their opinion.
That is a sign of a voter that has way too high of an opinion of themselves. Their job is to vote based on the criteria spelled out, not to be a voter who wants to cast their vote for reasons outside of that criteria. I think the same things applies to the MVP vote.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Even Rodgers hater Mike Florio thinks that Rodgers deserves the MVP and that Hub Arkush should be taken off the panel that votes.

EDIT: The piece on Antonio Brown after the Rodgers stuff is interesting too. "Should AB pull a George Costanza and go back to work pretending nothing happened?"

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Last edited:

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Even Rodgers hater Mike Florio thinks that Rodgers deserves the MVP and that Hub Arkush should be taken off the panel that votes.

EDIT: The piece on Antonio Brown after the Rodgers stuff is interesting too. "Should AB pull a George Costanza and go back to work pretending nothing happened?"

I love the Rams comment regarding AB.

OP
OP
lambeaulambo

lambeaulambo

Cheesehead
Reaction score

supposedly cancer 84 had an owie on his ankle.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 6794

Well Rodgers did punish the Packers. That can not be disputed. At the start of the draft, he created a massive controversy and did nothing to stop it until he showed up for training camp. Has he had a great season, of course.

Just for the record, it was Adam Schefter who created the controversy on draft day. While Rodgers might have caused a disruption by not showing up for offseason practice he didn't punish the team.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just for the record, it was Adam Schefter who created the controversy on draft day. While Rodgers might have caused a disruption by not showing up for offseason practice he didn't punish the team.acker fan
One could argue that by not setting the record straight when could have it could be construed as a punishment. I don't know if I would go that far but I don't think you could argue that his actions did not have a negative affect. Was it a punishment? Hard to say what Rodgers' intentions were.

You could argue as well that the the contract restructure (dropping the last year) he "forced" was also a punishment but again his true motivation is not really known.

Still, he's here, we are 13-3 with the number 1 seed locked up and IMO looking pretty darned good for a possible trip to the SB. I'm not a ********* but as a Packer fan I'd take that punishment every year.

Reaction score
My MVP vote should go to Antonio Brown with his academy award showing the way
in left the Bucs and the NFL.

It would be the worst jerk to win the MVP.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I wish it would come out that Rodgers told someone to say this. I'd lke to know why he chose Esiason.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just for the record, it was Adam Schefter who created the controversy on draft day. While Rodgers might have caused a disruption by not showing up for offseason practice he didn't punish the team.
Just for the record, Adam Schefter confirmed that it was an accumulation of statements from Rodgers that led to his draft day story. Schefter confirmed that Rodgers created the controversary starting with his statements after the NFCCG and continued throughout the offseason.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just for the record, Adam Schefter confirmed that it was an accumulation of statements from Rodgers that led to his draft day story. Schefter confirmed that Rodgers created the controversary starting with his statements after the NFCCG and continued throughout the offseason.
Just for the record it was Adam Schefter's interpretation of Aaron Rodgers' comments that led him to jump to his own conclusions.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Just for the record it was Adam Schefter's interpretation of Aaron Rodgers' comments that led him to jump to his own conclusions.
Just for the record, it was my interpretation of Sschind and the rest of the posters here interpretation of the interpretation, that I was interpreting to my interpreter.

red4tribe

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My guess is that Rodgers has enough of a lead in the MVP race that a few voters won't make a difference, but you never know. He isn't as far ahead as he was last year.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I actually think that Hub Arkush's comments and the reaction it caused from the National media and social networks, helped Rodgers. Seems the overwhelming response was that the P in MVP is for the word "Player", not "Person". This helped to foster a national discussion of those facts and if the voters didn't hear and understand those discussions, then like Hub, they probably shouldn't be voting.

kevans74

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think the original point of the OP was if you're Aaron, why bother?

The Hub Arkush is a "nobody"... 110% of the time that you are successful you will have haters and Aaron knows that.

So why bother responding to him?

I think AR's stats SINCE the Week 1 Saints debacle:
13 - 1 record
~70% completions
~3800 passing yards
35 touchdowns
2 interceptsions

Make it VERY VERY OBVIOUS that he is the MVP

D

Deleted member 6794

There was no reason and no new development causing Schefter to release the information on draft day. It was solely his decision to do it to create as much attention as possible.

Schultz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think the original point of the OP was if you're Aaron, why bother?

The Hub Arkush is a "nobody"... 110% of the time that you are successful you will have haters and Aaron knows that.

So why bother responding to him?

I think AR's stats SINCE the Week 1 Saints debacle:
13 - 1 record
~70% completions
~3800 passing yards
35 touchdowns
2 interceptsions

Make it VERY VERY OBVIOUS that he is the MVP
Just wondering. Does every MVP candidate get to throw out their stats from their worst game or just Rodgers?

OP
OP
lambeaulambo

lambeaulambo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This whole response thing where AR12 decided to smear an already disgruntled bear bug points to a psyche that is less than healthy. lol. I know you love his man bun Bill, just admit it! lol

Members online

Latest posts