"NO questions about Mark Chmura"

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I thought it was interesting that they started the press conf by stating that Brett will not take any questions about Mark Chmura. Favre's never been into bashing people. At least chewy got his name out over the air. Although, I did hear a couple people whisper "Mark who".

PackFaninBucLand

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It was so simple to say. Yesterday they could simply have said, "Brett will not be disclosing his future football plans tomorrow."

NDPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I wonder if Chmura ever thought, "hell, maybe Brett doesn't want to talk to me because I went to an after-prom party and knocked boots with a 17 year old girl but got acquitted anyway".

Give me a break! Chmura questioning anyone's character or morals is a complete joke...that guy is a MORON!

OP
OP
D

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
PackFaninBucLand said:
It was so simple to say. Yesterday they could simply have said, "Brett will not be disclosing his future football plans tomorrow."

Why should he. He never said he was. Besides do you think his golf tourney would have gotten the interest it got had he done that. I love the fact that the national media plus all sent someone down there based on a rumor. Then they got all us to get online or turn on the NFL network :lol: :lol:

Now I'm sure the press and the Favre haters will blame Brett for this.

Hey....has anyone asked Peyton Manning if he's coming back next season?

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yep just more of the same from the media. He made them look like the jackasses they are. I love it.

Unfortunately, some will blame this on Brett. Oh well, it was great!

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
DePack said:
PackFaninBucLand said:

Why should he. He never said he was. Besides do you think his golf tourney would have gotten the interest it got had he done that. I love the fact that the national media plus all sent someone down there based on a rumor. Then they got all us to get online or turn on the NFL network :lol: :lol:

Now I'm sure the press and the Favre haters will blame Brett for this.

Hey....has anyone asked Peyton Manning if he's coming back next season?

EXPHUCKINACTLY

mattresell

Cheesehead
Reaction score
<a href="http://maps.google.com/maps?q=29.895425+-
If anyone should be upset about the conference it is those of us who stayed up all night or woke up early this morning to join the chat room. Yet all of the people who participated are more than understanding. It's the people on this forum who slept in and will wake up at noon to find out he said nothing that will probably complain. Pretty ironic, huh.

And I'm sure the sports radio guys will have their bones to pick too. Afterall, they have to fill 3 hours of airtime with something. Maybe they can lure Chmura to the studio to start some more unsubstantiated lynching.

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i kind of had fun "hanging out" with you guys, even though i didn't find out what's going on with brett. i will go to work in an hour a little more tired than i probably should. but i DID get to spend some quality time with you fine people.

4packgirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i LOVE what's going on here today!! people are keeping clear heads (so far) & are realizing that media hype is just that - hype!!!

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
mattresell said:
If anyone should be upset about the conference it is those of us who stayed up all night or woke up early this morning to join the chat room. Yet all of the people who participated are more than understanding. It's the people on this forum who slept in and will wake up at noon to find out he said nothing that will probably complain. Pretty ironic, huh.

And I'm sure the sports radio guys will have their bones to pick too. Afterall, they have to fill 3 hours of airtime with something. Maybe they can lure Chmura to the studio to start some more unsubstantiated lynching.

I'm sorry to say this but why should anyone be upset? Brett has this same press conference every year. No one said he was making a decision, his spokes person chose words to ellude to that, yes. But it was never said 'BRETT WILL MAKE HIS DECISION DURING THE PRESS CONF TODAY' if it was said, I'd like to see the quote and article.

Don't bother looking. It doesn't exsist. I've read his spokespersons comments and she said comments that would spark interest to get people to watch the press conf.

It was the MEDIA who claimed a decision was to be made. Not Brett, not TT, not MM, no one of importance to the matter.

And lets all be honest with ourselves. Did anyone really believe that a man who has grown up with football in his blood feel he would retire during a golf tourney press conf? No way.

If anyone is to be upset, it should be towards themselves for letting the media do this. Not at Brett, not at TT, not at MM.

Someone said my presence in the chat meant I was stressing over it. I was in the chat room because I have been wrong before (*SHOCK*) and sometimes the logical answer isn't always right and I sure as hell didn't wanna miss out if he announced his retirement.

Brett will play this year.

4packgirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
with the way this off-season has gone, nothing would have shocked me at this point. announcing it at a golf tourney?? in an outhouse?? in the woods?? who knows?!?!? :wink: :lol:
i do think deanna will be there when he announces though. when i didn't see her, i was pretty sure he wasn't gonna say much. 8)

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
yeah, right when he sat down and the one guy said "is there anything you'd like to say before we begin?" and Brett said "Nah, i don't wanna say anything..." i knew we weren't getting an answer today.

mattresell

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I fully expected him to say he was coming back for a final year. Didn't happen though.

In my previous post, I certainly was't implying that anybody has the right to be upset. I was just trying to point out the fact that those of us who watched it were not upset at all, therefore, anyone who didn't get up to watch it most certainly has no basis to be angry. Although, I'm sure we'll hear from a few that feel otherwise.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
mattresell said:
I fully expected him to say he was coming back for a final year. Didn't happen though.

In my previous post, I certainly was't implying that anybody has the right to be upset. I was just trying to point out the fact that those of us who watched it were not upset at all, therefore, anyone who didn't get up to watch it most certainly has no basis to be angry. Although, I'm sure we'll hear from a few that feel otherwise.
I asked 'will anyone be upset when he doesnt announce anything about his future in the nfl' or something like that and more than a handful said yes. Unreal! lol

4packgirl said:
with the way this off-season has gone, nothing would have shocked me at this point. announcing it at a golf tourney?? in an outhouse?? in the woods?? who knows?!?!? :wink: :lol:
i do think deanna will be there when he announces though. when i didn't see her, i was pretty sure he wasn't gonna say much. 8)

Yes. His wife is always mentioned when he says anything about his decision as does he mention his fmaily so fully expect his entire family 'wife an kids' to be present for the decision.

mattresell

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That's true Zero and I was one of those people who said yes. I can't speak for everyone else, but when I said yes I meant it as I would be upset that I stayed up to watch it. I certainly wasn't upset with Brett.

But that is a good point. I do remeber you asking that question and quite a few people saying they would be upset.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
mattresell said:
That's true Zero and I was one of those people who said yes. I can't speak for everyone else, but when I said yes I meant it as I would be upset that I stayed up to watch it. I certainly wasn't upset with Brett.

But that is a good point. I do remeber you asking that question and quite a few people saying they would be upset.

I was kind of hoping to make people realize a decision wouldn't be made today at a Golf Press Conf. I know how loyal our fans are and letting the media get them bent out of shape is ... ********.

Basically wanted to get it out there that there is a very good (99.9%) chance this wasn't going to be the conf we all been waiting for and to lighten the blow when nothing was confirmed.

We'll all live another day though :) I am standing firm with my stance and say Brett will play this year.

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i know where you're coming from Zero. i just REALLY want to know, so i got swept up. you are a very astute dude for not getting worked up like i did.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
pyledriver80 said:
Yep thats because Matt and company did a good job of stopping it before it started.

I do what I can :)

bozz_2006 said:
i know where you're coming from Zero. i just REALLY want to know, so i got swept up. you are a very astute dude for not getting worked up like i did.

Thanks!

Best thing we can do is play Madden and wait :p

Buckeyepackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The chat room thing was a different experience, for once everyone there was just hanging out, giving opinions,and hoping Brett would make a decision, when he didn't, I don't think anyone was too upset, although I had to leave right away so I wasn't around for the last part.

I don't expect a big press conferance announcement if Brett decides to play this year.

Didn't MS just announce it last year, after Brett made his decision?

I think it will be the same this year, TT or MM will come out to a scheduled press conference and just say Brett is playing this year.

Something like that will just drive the national media crazy!!!!

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The guy from FOX Milwaukee said that a close family friend of Favre's said there would be an answer today. That was a major reason they sent the crew down there. Now, Favre HAD to know they would be asking him about it. He COULD have said "I'm not gonna discuss my football future there" but he didn't. Of course, he got LOTS of free publicity.
I was hoping the wait would be over, but it was not to be. I just hope the end results leaves us happy. Either way, some will end up upset i'm sure.

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
it's pretty evident, in hindsight, that brett knew that everyone was expecting him to give his decision. several times, he made jokes about being so happy everyone came down to his golf tournement to support his charity. i think the reason he didn't announce that there would be no announcement was for the publicity for his charity and Hurrican Katrina aid.

PackerChick

Cheesehead
Reaction score
DePack said:
I thought it was interesting that they started the press conf by stating that Brett will not take any questions about Mark Chmura. Favre's never been into bashing people. At least chewy got his name out over the air. Although, I did hear a couple people whisper "Mark who".

How soon we all forget. I had a Mark Chumura Jersey until he got a hold of his ********.

Members online

Latest posts