1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

No Coach of the Year Award for MM

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by Zeck180, Feb 2, 2011.

1. Zeck180

Zeck180 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +173
    NFL.com news: Patriots' Belichick is AP NFL Coach of the Year for third time

:angry2:

2. Incubes12

Incubes12 Bay Harbor Butcher?

Ratings:
    +317
    Well deserved. He really overcame adversity this year.

/sarcasm

I'll give him that it was a GREAT personnel choice to get rid of Moss. Although, there were times during the playoff game against the Jets where he really could have used a deep threat.

• Like Like x 1
  3. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,273
    He is one heck of a coach. Congrats to him.

4. bozz_2006

bozz_2006 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +652
    I hate him but he's right up there in the discussion with best head coach of all time. McCarthy not even receiving one vote did surprise me though.

5. LombardiChick

LombardiChick Win or lose, I love this team.

Ratings:
    +682
    Congratulations to TheSnowPlow and the cool Pats fans everywhere. The man is an excellent coach, there's no denying that.

It's the Year of the Snubâ„¢ for the Green Bay Packers. All the more reason to play their blanks off on Sunday. Bring home the Lombardi, guys.

• Like Like x 6
  6. LombardiChick

LombardiChick Win or lose, I love this team.

Ratings:
    +682
    Yeah, that does suck.

7. Zeck180

Zeck180 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +173
    That's a sign why the Pack never received any awards of any kind! Cause they're all getting rings!

• Like Like x 3
  8. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,273
    im watching sound fx with him right now. Its pretty funny. He is talking to ocho before a game telling him he is going to double him all day. Ocho - "wait... are you serious?.... tell me your kidding...." BB - "Im not going to let you spike the ball here" (@NE)

hilarious.

9. GWheels

GWheels Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +208
    MM got hosed

10. 7thFloorRA

7thFloorRA Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,071
    Please tell me that if MM finished higher than Lovie.

11. Incubes12

Incubes12 Bay Harbor Butcher?

Ratings:
    +317
    Tomlin didn't get a vote either. He deserves some sort of recognition for keeping the team winning with Dennis Dixon leading it.

12. JJP41

JJP41 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +215
    MM not getting even one vote is a joke.

To accomplish what he did with all the injuries the Pack had, he deserved more consideration.

• Like Like x 5
  13. Gymrat

Gymrat Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +9
    With Ben being out 4 games and the Packers having all these injuries and both teams being in the Super Bowl you would assume that Tomlin or Big Mike would have each gotten at least one vote.
    Let me get this right, Bill B. trades a future HOF WR for a third round pick and wins coach of the year, yet TT trades a future HOF QB for a third and gets nothing but grief for it even during media week while his team is preparing to play in the Super Bowl? I don't even....

14. rawalabhay

rawalabhay Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +32
    Wow, how rigged is that! No pro bowl for Aaron, no DPOT for Clay! Man get that Super Bowl!

15. Zeck180

Zeck180 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +173
    God forbid that too will be rigged!

16. Murgen

Murgen MechaPackzilla

Ratings:
    +585
  17. VersusTheMoose

VersusTheMoose Canadian Packer Fan

Ratings:
    +166
    He deserved it, it is a regular season award after all. I dislike him, but I respect him as a great football mind and coach.

• Like Like x 1
  18. PackersRS

PackersRS Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +980
    did you all really expect Mike to win it?

If postseason was considered, I would definitely expect as much. But regular season-wise? Even with all the injuries, no freaking way.

19. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,273
    what about if we would have beat the pats this season? would that have swung it the other way?

20. Rodgers in the House

Rodgers in the House Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +111
    Somebody in the NFL higher ups wanted to see the Patriots in the Superbowl this year only to see them get destroyed. It doesn't surprise me that they just keep giving these awards to the same people every year. Not to worry though, GB will win the only award that counts this Sunday............THE RING!!!

21. Steeler Tim

Steeler Tim Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +25
    I'm with you on this. MM and Tomlin certainly deserved consideration for the job that each has done this season. I'm not saying they should have won but they should have each gotten votes.

While Bellichick did a good job I think Morris and Haley deserved the award more. They both turned perennial losers into very competitive teams this year. Oh well, I guess us Packer and Steeler fans will have to be content seeing our teams play in the BIGGEST GAME OF THE YEAR!!!

22. Jess

Jess Movement!

Ratings:
    +473
    Considering that off this site I never heard McCarthy brought up once outside of Troy Aikman, I'm not surprised.

23. Croak

Croak Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Ratings:
    +1,973
    I think it was about 3 years ago that ESPN The Mag did a little story on win percentage coupled with playoffs over a 10 year span. The Packers of the 60's led everyone, but the Patriots had the opportunity to take the lead if they had gone to the Super Bowl. I remember breathing a sigh of relief when it didn't materialize. No other team was even close. Belichick would have surpassed Lombardi. Instead the Lombardi trophy is still aptly named.

24. Texpackerfan

Texpackerfan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +22
    unbelievable. I thought for sure MM would have been in the running. With all the injuries, I thought he was a shoo in. Most teams would have fallen apart with that kind of injuries.

And what did BB do? Brady had a great year but their defense left a look to be desired.

25. TheSnowPlow

TheSnowPlow Driving Don Shula Crazy

Ratings:
    +491
    As a Pats fan, let me just be clear -

The Lombardi trophy is aptly named, and IMHO Lombardi is, and will always be, the best coach this league ever saw. My own personal opinion is that Belichick is the best coach in the modern era, but I wouldn't worry too much about them ever renaming the trophy after him or anything :)

• Like Like x 1