Niners ready to unleash Moss

News Bot

News Bot
Reaction score
The notion that the 49ers will use receiver Randy Moss on a limited basis possibly went out the window with the news that he’s one of the starting wideouts in San Fran. Unless that’s a ploy, it means that we’ll see plenty of Moss, starting on Sunday at Lambeau Field. For a full and complete…
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Source: ProFootballTalk.com

OP
OP
News Bot

News Bot

News Bot
Reaction score
The Packers defense doesn’t know what to expect from Randy Moss, but the know what they don’t want him to do. “That’s what makes the game that much fun,” cornerback Tramon Williams said, via Tyler Dunne of the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel. “People want to come in and see the old Randy Moss. They want to…
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Source: ProFootballTalk.com

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Unleash that 35 yr old WR, well send out driver, maybe they can talk about the good ol days after the game

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Man, you couldn't find 2 more opposite people than Driver and Moss. Driver, the consummate teammate; Moss the textbook example of a sociopath. Moss is finished, unless he's had a brain transplant that nobody knows about.

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm not sleeping on moss and neither should you guy's. He is still fast and he still commands for the safties to make sure they stay deep which clears things up underneath for another weapon they have in Vernon Davis who noboy is talking about. You see it's not about Moss being Randy Moss of the early days but the fact that he can still get deep will open up the running game as well.

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
A motivated Moss is still very dangerous. The man can still catch. And if he wants that ring he may be a bit lot more motivated than he has the past few years. Having a year off my not mean much to his skills. The fact that we have heard very little from him and about him tells me that he is going to give it his best. If he catches 6 passes this weekend, at least one will be for a TD. You cannot discount him. An if I was the coach of the Niners, one of my first plays would be to send him deep and have Smith throw it to him. Even if they don't connect it sends a message that you had better cover him during the game.

Einstein McFly

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So who was "leashing" him on his last three teams? This reminds me of how people talked about Mike Tyson in the last five years of his career. "If he can get motivated and train hard, he can make a run at the title!!!!" Yeah, except that he's not motivated, perhaps because when he tries his best he's disappointed in what he can and can't do. Either way, the best predictor of future performance is the most recent performances, which to me would imply that there's not much to worry about. I'd rather have a guy out there like Moss who we've seen play poorly for the last few years than the guys like Victor Cruz or Ogelltree from the cowboys who come out of nowhere.

burt packerack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Randy Moss still has some game left in him and he has the knowledge to find holes in the defense. Add that to Vernon Davis and a pretty good QB in Smith then they may have something worth noting.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I am worried about Randy, but this keeps coming up in my mind

For years he and Brett wanted to work together, when they finally did, he alligator'd some balls, and caused issues..

Why would he be any different now? did the year away wake him up and make him realize what he had??

H

HardRightEdge

Even if they don't connect it sends a message that you had better cover him during the game.

Well, that puts a different paint job on it. I guess the plan to just let him run free, like a lamb gamboling across the pasture, should be rethought.

The point being, you don't game plan to stop Moss, especially with Smith not being a particularly accurate thrower of the deep ball. Now, we better give Bush some top side help, but I'd say that about Bush vs. any starting WR in the league.

I wonder what the over-under line might be on the number of games before Moss fires up a pre-game doobie and walks aimlessly through routes.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
A motivated Moss is still very dangerous.
He was very motivated 2 years ago as a Patriot.
Then when they decided they didn't want him and he ended up FINALLY playinig with Favre in Minny, he was very motivated.
How'd that all turn out again? Those are facts and you can't spin it.

Now, it's true, he might still be effective, we'll see. He's still 6 foot 4 I do know that.

DoddPower

Nick Perry is watching you, NFL QB's!
Reaction score
There are a few things that concern me about the 49ers. Moss isn't one of them. :sleep:

Exactly my feelings on the matter. The 49'ers are a good team without Moss. I don't think Moss is an elite WR anymore, but I do think he can be somewhat effective, especially playing for a team that runs the ball like the 49'ers. I'd expect any average to above average WR to be relatively effective in such a situation. The most important things to worry about from the 49'ers is 1.) the defense, 2.) the running game, 3.) Vernon Davis, 4.) anything else (including Moss).

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Vernon Davis has kicked our *****. I hate that guy. Some of us wanted him in that 2006 Draft when it was either Hawk or him at #6 (or Haloti Ngata).
When we took AJ and then the 49ers took VD, that b*st*rd said how relieved he was that he wasn't taken by Green Bay.

Yeah, catching passes from Favre & Rodgers would have not compared to catching them from all those 49er stiff QBs.

But that guy is a beast... he's what I wish J-Mike would be.
He's much faster, just watch.
And he's stronger.
We struggle with covering TE's so him scoring a TD is a pretty good bet Sunday. I just hope nobody else does on that team.

Reaction score
Raptorman, as usual, what you say makes a lot of sense, but I'm afraid that he is one of those cats that can't change his spots. He does indeed want a ring but I don't know if he wants to put the effort into it. I don't mind if Randy has 30 catches for 300 yards and 6 TD's..................as long as the Packer win. Good luck to your Vikes this weekend.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They'll send Moss deep on the fly pattern any time he is in there. I hope is arthritis kicks in.

GreenBlood

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
But that guy is a beast... he's what I wish J-Mike would be.
He's much faster, just watch.
And he's stronger.

Most experts are evenly divided on whom is the better TE. Davis is likely to have better stats because Smith only has 3 or 4 legitimate targets, as opposed to the 6 or 7 Rodgers has.

We struggle with covering TE's so him scoring a TD is a pretty good bet Sunday. I just hope nobody else does on that team.

How do you know? We haven't played a game yet.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
A) Most experts are evenly divided on whom is the better TE. Davis is likely to have better stats because Smith only has 3 or 4 legitimate targets, as opposed to the 6 or 7 Rodgers has.

B) How do you know? We haven't played a game yet.
Most experts and almost all, if not all, scouts are not evenly split on who's better. In fact, that's why Davis was the highest drafted TE of the decade at #6 overall, and Finley was a 3rd rounder. Both are talented, but Davis has freakish speed to go with incredible strength. He's special, hence why he was drafted so high. Now, he hasn't had a Brady or Brees or Rodgers or Manning though, and he's had 4 or 5 different offenses.

But I don't think you'll find a scout out there who'd take Finley over Davis.

Of course I don't know who will score touchdowns this week though... if I knew those things, I wouldn't lineup guess mistakes in fantasy football!

Members online

Latest posts