NFL Power rankings

PackerLegend

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think it is to early for this lots of changes on teams will still be made, I say you have to wait until like preseason but thats just me.

gopackgo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is just a quick setup but feel free to criticize.

1. San Diego
2. New England
3. Indianapolis
4. New Orleans
5. NY Jets
6. Philadelphia
7. Baltimore
8. Dallas
9. Chicago
10. Seattle
11. Denver
12. Tennessee
13. Green Bay
14. Cincinnati
15. Kansas City
16. San Francisco
17. Carolina
18. St. Louis
19. Pittsburgh
20. Miami
21. Atlanta
22. Washington
23. NY Giants
24. Jacksonville
25. Arizona
26. Buffalo
27. Minnesota
28. Houston
29. Tampa Bay
30. Detroit
31. Oakland
32. Cleveland

refpacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My power rankings along with offseason analysis....I agreed with the first one for the most part, except for SF, Pittsburg, and the bengals...

My power rankings:
1. Chargers -
(+) They were probably the best team in the NFL last year. Philip Rivers will be even more poised next year, as he gained alot of experience in his rookie year.
(-) Loss of Shottenhiemer could make a difference

2. Colts
(+) Coming off last years SB win, Peyton gets the monkey off his back.
(-) The losses of Cato June, Nick Harper, Brandon Stokley, and Dominique Rhondes will add mounting pressure on Addai and a inconsistent defense throughout last years regular season.

3. Pats
(+) Adalius Thomas and Donte Stallworth add talent to a veteran filled team. Stallworth will give Brady a "big time" target along with the explosive and young Chad Jackson.
(-) The loss of corey dillon will put a load of work on the shoulders of last years rookie Laurence Maroney. Also team leader Troy Brown has yet to resign and the pats lost tight end Graham to FA.

4. Broncos
(+) Could have had the biggest offseason aquisitions. The additions of Dre Bly, Bradon Stokley, and Travis Henry will add to an already stellar team. Also Jay Cutler gains experience from last years season.

5. Ravens
(+) As long as Willis Magahee can stay healthy the Ravens are poised for another run.
(-) The loss of Adalius Thomas could put pressure on Ray Lewis to make more tackles than he already does...Jamal Lewis also leaves the team, unknown if this is a negative or a positive.

6. Saints
(+) Coming off a great season last year the Saints are young enought and talented enough to do it again.
(-) Drew gets hurt in the Pro Bowl, along with Stallworth headin to the Pats and Joe Horn headin to the Falcons puts extra pressure on the passing game and young WR's.

7. Cowboys
(+) Tony Romo finally got to be the number one QB in Dallas. Look for him to show up big again with the ton of weapons the cowboys have. A new coach could mean a chance to show off that talent, as conservative Bill is gone.

8. Eagles
(+) The eagles get Donavan back to a team who made a late season run last year.
(-) They lose Jeff Garcia who was responsible for that late season run.

9. Jets
(+) The addition of Thomas Jones will add consistency to last years split back sets.

10. Seahawks
(+) Mike Holgrem is ready and everyone knows his team will also be ready. Next year is a fresh start, if Shaun Alexander can stay healthy expect big things. Added veteran Patrick Kerney to the mix.
(-) Lose defensive leader Ken Hamlin to dem cowboys.

11. Bears
(+) They still have that stellar defense...
(-) If they lose Lance Briggs the Bears could be in big trouble to defend the division crown. Cedric Benson is injury prone and will now be the sole back for the bears, as they lose Thomas Jones. Also Rex Grossman is still the QB!

12. Bengals
(+) They will also start fresh as last year was an injury plagued season.
(-) Carson seemed inconsistent last year. It will be interesting to see if he will turn it around. Also they could lose their top Red Zone Target Chris henry to the new three strike policy.

13. Titans
(+) VY could truely be the second coming and last year experiences can only help.
(-) They lose Travis Henry and possibly Pacman.

14. Rams
(+) Stephen Jackson was a force all year long and a proven back...They still have the offensive weapons to git r done....
(-) Need to make some defensive moves and make them fast...

15. Steelers
(+) They are still one of the best defenses in the league and can make game changing plays. Willie Parker also proved he is one of the top backs in the NFL.
(-) They lose Joey Porter and need to improve their passing game to once again return to the top.

16. Chiefs
(+) Still have a lethal running game that can dictate the outcome of a game...Maybe a Priest comeback?
(-)The lack of a passing game hurt them dramatically last year when they would get behind..

17. Panthers
(+) When healthy they are one of the best in the NFC....Steve Smith is the best WR in the league and their defensive line is agrueably still the best in the league along with the Jags.
(-) Still are looking for a consistent running game...Injury's hurt their playoff run last year on both sides of the ball..Look for Deangelo Williams to emerge as the feature back and Foster to be the speedy second sting back ALA charger's Turner....

18. Packers
(+) They are coming off last years late season run with a relatively young team who showed dramatic improvements from the year before. Charles Woodson, last years big aquistion, played very well and rookie Greg Jennings was a dangerous WR and should do nothing but improve.
(-) Still have yet to make a move this year. Granted many feel this years market was one of overpaid players. The loss of Ahman Green will put added pressure on the other young and unproven RB's. The line is still young and need to remain consistent like they did most of last year.

19. Jags
(+) Have a great running game, and retained both of last years dual threat backs....the defense is also still solid
(-) Garrard or Leftwich?

20.. Redskins
(+) Have had another big offseason with the additions of Fred Smoot, London Fletcher, and possibly Lance Briggs..Still have that young WR core...
(-) Can Jason Campbell handle the pressure? How will Clinton Portis play?

21. Giants
(+) Still are a very talented team that can make a run at any time.
(-) Team seems to dislike coach and are detached. They lose Tiki...

22. Dolphins
(+) Franchise seems confident Ricky Williams will return to form and give them a dangerous backfield once again...Joey Porter is a stud...
(-) Can Daunte step it up?

23. Falcons
(+) Add yet another WR in the offseason just as they do yr. after yr., will this year also be a bust or will Joe horn give them a solid player.
(-) They lose the better of their two QB's in Schaub ...

24. Cardnals
(+) Last year they looked good from time to time, and have a ton of weapons on offense.
(-) Last year they blew games late...Will Edge James turn around last years downfall?

25. 49ers
(+) Alex Smith played well last year, but not as well as Frank Gorewho was unstoppable...Also they get Nate Clements to help out an already decent defense.
(-) Dont be surprised is teams load men in the box and force Alex Smith to beat them, question remains, can he beat them? Antonio Bryant need to show up every week not every other week.

26. Bills
(-) Lose Takeo Spikes and Willis Magahee....Remains to be seen if Losman is the guy for the Bills.

27. Texans
(+) Have had a good offseason with the additions of Schaub and Green...Dayne was impressive late last year, and he also retuns to back up Green.
(-) They finally found out that Carr wasnt the guy for them....Problem is they found out a year to late when they passed on vince young.

28. Bucs
(+) Get Jeff Garcia and a healthy Cadillac should be returning.
(-) They Need to get back their defesive mingset to become a power again.

29. Vikings
(+) Defense isnt bad...
(-) Who will the QB be?

30. Lions
(+) Still have talent..ALA Roy Williams
(-)Still cant use it....

31. Browns
(+) Actually could move all the way up to 24...They are in position to take Adrain Peterson in the draft....The additions of Jamal Lewis and Seth Mckinney could help out the offense.
(-) Still looking for a QB to seal the deal..

32. Raiders
(+) Get 1st pick in the draft....The defense was solid all year long
(-)The offense could have been the worst in NFL history..

flapackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I put the Packers at 11 as an optimist. I think they can be near the top of that second tier (3 - 15) behind Indy, San Diego & New England if we Pick up Moss, a good veteran safety & a good running back. I think all those second tier are about equal meaning 50/50 shot of winning if they played eachother unless one of them gets hot like Chicago was last year.

1. Indianapolis
2. San Diego
3. New England
4. New Orleans
5. Chicago
6. Philadelphia
7. Dallas
8. Baltimore
9. Denver
10. NY Jets
11. Green Bay
12. Tennessee
13. Seattle
14. Cincinnati
15. San Francisco
16. Kansas City
17. Carolina
18. St. Louis
19. Pittsburgh
20. Miami
21. Atlanta
22. NY Giants
23. Washington
24. Jacksonville
25. Buffalo
26. Houston
27. Tampa Bay
28. Minnesota
29. Arizona
30. Detroit
31. Cleveland
32. Oakland

refpacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
11 is being very hopeful...I agree they could be there if they make the moves u stated, but were are the RB and safeties going to come from....Everyone is gone!

Moss is the only big name guy we have a chance at....Although I am hopeful, turner isnt going anywhere unless BIG TIME bucks are thrown the chargers way...Lets face TT isnt going to throw BIG BUCKS out there even if it was for Ladanian Tomlinson...

Lets Go after Priest Holmes!!!!

PackerTraxx

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think TT might be more inclined to throw big bucks out there if he thought a player was worth it than to throw draft choices. However, I believe he would throw either or both if he thought a player was worth it.

By nature free agents are going to be overpaid in an open market.

The rumored trades are not worth what they supposedly are asking for.

refpacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think TT might be more inclined to throw big bucks out there if he thought a player was worth it than to throw draft choices. However, I believe he would throw either or both if he thought a player was worth it.

By nature free agents are going to be overpaid in an open market.

The rumored trades are not worth what they supposedly are asking for.

I guess arugeably the best CB in football Nate Clements wasnt worth it...Neither was last years leading tackler London Fletcher....If these types of players arent worth it who is??????

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'll give my top 5.

1. New England Patriots - They spent their money wisely. Notice they didn't give out any 80 million dollar deals. They signed one guy to a huge deal and he was probably the best free agent out there. That’s Adalius Thomas. They did a great job with the Stallworth deal. The only deal I disagree with was Wes Welker's.

2. San Diego Chargers - Most talented team in the NFL. They've done a nice job of drafting and developing. Hopefully Green Bay can do as good as job as they did. However they downgraded their coaching staff in my opinion. Norv Turner is a good coordinator but not head coach in my opinion.

3. Denver Broncos - If Jay Cutler can develop they might be the most talented team. I liked the Travis Henry move. I liked the Dry Bly move. Daniel Graham makes little sense as he's a blocking TE and Tony Scheffler is going to have to step it up. However this team will live and die by Cutler in my opinion.

4. Indianapolis Colts - Defending Champs lost a lot of key players. Rhodes, Harper, Doss, and June are all gone. Joseph Addai should be fun to watch next year. They are still the class of the AFC South.

5. Baltimore Ravens - Willis McGahee is an upgrade for Jamal Lewis in my opinion. Losing Thomas hurts but I think if they can get a guy like Anthony Spencer in the Draft and use him in a lot of pass rushing situations, they should be able to make due. If Odgen retires that'd be a blow.

Yes all AFC. NFC isn't in the class of the AFC in my opinion.

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'll give my top 5.

1. New England Patriots - They spent their money wisely. Notice they didn't give out any 80 million dollar deals. They signed one guy to a huge deal and he was probably the best free agent out there. That’s Adalius Thomas. They did a great job with the Stallworth deal. The only deal I disagree with was Wes Welker's.

2. San Diego Chargers - Most talented team in the NFL. They've done a nice job of drafting and developing. Hopefully Green Bay can do as good as job as they did. However they downgraded their coaching staff in my opinion. Norv Turner is a good coordinator but not head coach in my opinion.

3. Denver Broncos - If Jay Cutler can develop they might be the most talented team. I liked the Travis Henry move. I liked the Dry Bly move. Daniel Graham makes little sense as he's a blocking TE and Tony Scheffler is going to have to step it up. However this team will live and die by Cutler in my opinion.

4. Indianapolis Colts - Defending Champs lost a lot of key players. Rhodes, Harper, Doss, and June are all gone. Joseph Addai should be fun to watch next year. They are still the class of the AFC South.

5. Baltimore Ravens - Willis McGahee is an upgrade for Jamal Lewis in my opinion. Losing Thomas hurts but I think if they can get a guy like Anthony Spencer in the Draft and use him in a lot of pass rushing situations, they should be able to make due. If Odgen retires that'd be a blow.

Yes all AFC. NFC isn't in the class of the AFC in my opinion.

I agree for the most part though I think Daniel Graham is a nice pickup for Denver. Scheffler seems to meto be a decent target especially for a young QB like Cutler

Latest posts