Next Defensive Coordinator

RepStar15

"We're going to relentlessly chase perfection."
Reaction score
Now I know a lot of us do not think we will ever get rid of the incompetent DC (no pun intended), but who would everyone like to see? Internal or external move? Personally, I would love to see Mike Nolan. I think he is a big part of turning around that Saints defense.

azrsx05

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I know he's a big mouth. But I think Rex Ryan is one of those who suck as a head coach. But is a great D coordinator.

Just like Jim Schwartz. Look at what he has done in Philly

Last edited:
OP
OP
RepStar15

RepStar15

Reaction score
I know he's a big mouth. But I think Rex Ryan is one of those who suck as a head coach. But is a gray D coordinator.

Just like Jim Schwartz. Look at what he has done in Philly
My only problem with Rex is his lack of ability to coach a disciplined football team, even as a DC. His defenses create more Unnecessary roughness and personal foul penalties than anyone in the league. He’s out for blood, which is great, but in today’s league blood yields suspension and 15 yard penalties and automatic first downs on third and 22

906Fan

Former Dancer
Reaction score
Mike Nolan is currently the linebackers coach for the Saints. I don't think there is much out there.

906Fan

Former Dancer
Reaction score
Eric Mangini, Jeff Fischer. Maybe they could handle being a DC?

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
Matt Patricia when Belichick retires after winning his 6th SB as a head coach. :sneaky:

Favre>Rodgers259

Cheesehead
Reaction score
John Harbaugh (If Fired)
Marvin Lewis (If Fired)
Brad Childress
Chuck Pagano (If Fired)
John Pagano
Rod Woodson
Al Harris

Last edited:

azrsx05

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My only problem with Rex is his lack of ability to coach a disciplined football team, even as a DC. His defenses create more Unnecessary roughness and personal foul penalties than anyone in the league. He’s out for blood, which is great, but in today’s league blood yields suspension and 15 yard penalties and automatic first downs on third and 22

Which I think that is exactly what this team needs. They need a fire lit up them. I would rather give up a few dumb penalties a game and make guys think twice before catching a ball. Than what they have now. No penalties but guys trailing receivers and giving up easy 10-15 yards anyway. I think with McCarthy there. He could teach them discipline while Rex makes them seek blood. This team soft.

D

Deleted member 6794

Which I think that is exactly what this team needs. They need a fire lit up them. I would rather give up a few dumb penalties a game and make guys think twice before catching a ball. Than what they have now. No penalties but guys trailing receivers and giving up easy 10-15 yards anyway.

It seems you forgot about Daniels' boneheaded penalty that kept the Lions first drive alive after the defense forced a three-and-out pretty fast.

Bob 61

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Who we could get really depends on who is making the decision. TT,DC need to go end of season. MM should stay when AR comes back NEXT season. Hundley is not the answer, but even if he improved our Defense is so pathetic.

azrsx05

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It seems you forgot about Daniels' boneheaded penalty that kept the Lions first drive alive after the defense forced a three-and-out pretty fast.

Seems like you forgot the last 6 years of this defense being a pushover that no one respects. The one that constantly makes QBs look like HOF players.

Ogsponge

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It is time to get some young modern coaches on this team. They should go get Dave Aranda before someone else does.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It is time to get some young modern coaches on this team. They should go get Dave Aranda before someone else does.

I'm not going to throw any names out there because honestly I don't know many. I will say this though. I got pretty tired of seeing the same old names being rehashed over and over. The Rams success with the young guy and the job Lynch seems to have done so far in his moves in San Fran may cause some teams to be willing to take a chance on young guys. Elliot Wolf would certainly fit in that category.

OP
OP
RepStar15

RepStar15

Reaction score

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Favre, woodson, al Harris, greene? Apparently some people believe coaching is really easy.

Rex Ryan does well early, he is a motivator for sure, but doesn' seem to develop any talent.

Mike Nolan and McAdoo are about the only ones mentioned who would be a good idea, but not sure who Aranda is.

D

Deleted member 6794

Mike Nolan and McAdoo are about the only ones mentioned who would be a good idea, but not sure who Aranda is.

Dave Aranda is currently LSU's defensive coordinator. He previously held that position with the Badgers from 2013-15.

wizard 87

Old Enough To Know Better
Reaction score
Pat Narduzzi current Pitt HC and former Michigan state DC. He runs a 4-3 over defense that is very solid.

Check out his video on stopping the run.
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Members online

Latest posts