New trade rumor from Denver

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Interesting - but I favor a couple of things....

1. Javon Walker is determined to be a cancer - NO MATTER WHEN he decides to return to a (or any) football field.

2. Uncle Ted ( I found that one amusing) should NOT, I repeat... NOT trade away the fifth pick in this year's draft... period!

3. If we're going to trade away Javon - in order to (No.1) clean up the atmosphere in the Locker Room - muey importante', mi amigos - then it should be for extra draft picks without having to lose what we already have -- this is, of course, what Uncle Ted does best. Let's see how well he pulls it off.

4. As far as Wisconsin Radio -- Sirius should do the trick!

5. On that trade bait conversation -- I vote for the Denver scenario, only Ted needs to push keeping the fifth pick.

packer4ever

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I say we send Javon's *** to Denver and see how how likes trying to catch passes from an overrated QB rather than a hall of famer. I f he really is good as he says he is then he'll be able to make Plummer look good, and I think that is impossible. Plummer is JUNK!!!

warhawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If, in fact we were able to sign Arrington, and, or, Woodson/Plummer, I wouldn't be surprised to see TT make this move and go more with offense in the draft.

If Arrington is signed and Williams goes off the board before we can get him I could see TT with a contingency plan to trade down.

HatestheEagles084

Cheesehead
Reaction score
warhawk said:
If, in fact we were able to sign Arrington, and, or, Woodson/Plummer, I wouldn't be surprised to see TT make this move and go more with offense in the draft.

If Arrington is signed and Williams goes off the board before we can get him I could see TT with a contingency plan to trade down.

I agree--our #5 pick is best used for defense (outside of vernon davis--and i dont think we take a tight end #5)...but IF, i mean IF, defensive free agents are signed, specifically Arrington and/or Woodson--we then would be able to trade town. I think we'd have to, because a #5 demands a high salary, and if we sign high profile FA's, I don't wanna see us go back to salary cap hell (and Ted Thompson won't let that happen)--Unless Mario Williams is available if this scenario enacts itself.

DakotaT

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If Arrington and Woodson are signed, I think you can take Huff and possibley Hawk off the shopping list. The best case scenario then would be to have Mario drop to us (highly unlikely). That leaves us with a trade down or VD (I'd use my middle name if I were Vernon). I agree with Javon Walker084 that VD shouldn't warrant the 5th pick. We have Bubba and some promising young guys already.

Do you guys think we should drop back and get some picks? If we do that, I wouldn't mind seeing us add Deangelo at running back or Maroney! I'm not sure where those guys are projected.

I also disagree on the 15 & 22 equaling or even greter than the number 5 pick! In my opinion Denver would be trading 2 good players for a superstar type player (theoretically). That trade chart has it's place in the lower rounds when the player's values are closer, but at the top of round one, you have a whole different league of players than those at the middle to lower 1st round. Usually the team with the coveted pick gets to dictate the fleecing! Denver needs to up their ante.

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
especially if a deal with denver would include javon & lelie, cuz even if javon is coming off an injury, he's still higher in value than lelie.

paxvogel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I like Walker and our #5 for Lelie and their #15 and #22. I don't see why we would then take a receiver at 15. Take Ernie Sims LB and at 22 Mangold the animal at center. At number 2 take the guard out of Oklahoma and we have added a quality WR and helped our interior line which may be enough to get Brett to come back.

warhawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Or, trade Walker and our #37 pick for Denver's 22nd.

Then take Chad Jackson with our 2nd first round pick. He's been climbing the draft charts after that 4.3 somethin' he ran in the 40.

Denver sacrifices 15 slots for a guy that made all pro a couple of years ago and we hold onto our #5.

I agree though that if we sign these two guys TT would most definately look to get around that #5 picks big time salary.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Where's the link that quotes Javon is going to be a cancer? I missed that one. I got the snipit where his stepdaddy said something about cancer.

HatestheEagles084

Cheesehead
Reaction score
warhawk said:
Or, trade Walker and our #37 pick for Denver's 22nd.

Then take Chad Jackson with our 2nd first round pick. He's been climbing the draft charts after that 4.3 somethin' he ran in the 40.

Denver sacrifices 15 slots for a guy that made all pro a couple of years ago and we hold onto our #5.

I agree though that if we sign these two guys TT would most definately look to get around that #5 picks big time salary.

I like it cause we don't forefit our #5 pick, however I dont like the fact that we really don't get anything for Walker. 15 spots, alright, granted we gain that. But I don't think its worth it to trade up from our second round pick, I talked about this in another thread, saying that someone always falls from the first round to the early second...it could be solid prospects like Bobby Carpenter, Ashton Youboty, Kiwanuka, etc.

I'm again having second and third thoughts about trading the #5, thinking we should now keep it...or at least not trade down to Denver, like staying in the top 10 IF we trade down.

In regards to Denver, we should try Walker/Lelie or see if we can finesse a 2nd round pick out of them

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I like walker and our 37 for lelie and denvers 22nd

they get the better reciever(so they think) we get the better draft pick(so we think)

Both recievers get a fresh start and get the respect and attention they deserve. Brett gets back his deep threat, (one that doesnt hate him) and denver gets a potential pro bowler no one gets screwed unless walker craps out

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
^Sorry to get off topic but that signature is HUGE!!

On topic now..

It seems that Denver writers are bored and are coming up with fantasy trades for Favre and Walker and moving up to get Vernon Davis... If you ask me I don't see any of this happening. Just speculation out of them because they need something for the Post to print.

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
gosh, if they're looking for some hot leads, they should do a story about how brett is hurting the packers because of how long it's taking him to decide to retire or keep playing. that would be a sweet story!

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
and yes, that sig is WAY to f@cking big. it's a pain in the @ss because when i read posts i have to scroll back and forth because the picture doesn't fit on my screen.

mkapp

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would like to see Jeb Putzier pulled over to GB. I think with Bubba aging, a good big TE would be a good idea. The kid has great hands and is a pretty good blocker. If Denver packaged him with Lelie I would leave a footprint on JW as he left.

DakotaT

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Putzier was released and picked up by the Texans already! Donald Lee is going to be a decent pass catching tight end. If we get a tightend, it will be in the later rounds of the draft.

What the Pack could really use is a tight end that could double as a fullback like how Minnesota uses Kleinsasser. That would save a roster spot. Vontae Leach is suppose to be the next in line at fullback, but I'm not convinced he deserves the spot. He wiffs on too many blocks.

gopackgo4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ok so, what I think is that we should trade away our 37 and javon for denvers 22. with the number 5 we take AJ Hawk. And at 22 we select Tambi Hali/sinorice moss.

Robin Yount

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Denver just traded their 22nd overall pick to San Fran. Odds of trading with them for Walker for anything in the first round are quickly decreasing.

ESPN

PackerLegend

Cheesehead
Reaction score
San Fran wanted Walker To maybe we can work out a trade with them or something possibly??

Thoughts or Ideas?

SuperRat

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They apparently offered a second round choice in 2007 for Walker. Lame. Move the draft choice up a year and something could be done.

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Robin Yount said:
Denver just traded their 22nd overall pick to San Fran. Odds of trading with them for Walker for anything in the first round are quickly decreasing.

ESPN

WTF....why would Denver make that trade. Giving up a mid one for an early two and early three. They basically picked up a third round pick to slide down 15 spots. They couldn't get anything better for that?

DakotaT

Cheesehead
Reaction score
DePack said:
Robin Yount said:

ESPN

WTF....why would Denver make that trade. Giving up a mid one for an early two and early three. They basically picked up a third round pick to slide down 15 spots. They couldn't get anything better for that?
DePack, it's a wash on the draft chart but probably cheaper on the cap! I hope they send #37 to us for Walker. I wonder what San Fran is posturing for?