New attitude in GB thanks to TT and MM

digsthepack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
From an article by John "The Czar Czarnecki on Fox Sports.

So, all you MS apologists/TT bashers...do you still have the same regard for your man after reading this. His paranoia/control freak nature had even trickled down to the friggin' staff at the Pro Shop. Dear Lord, I am SO glad that bundle of nerves is gone.

TT is the bad guy in this situation? Right...........

Apologies to Thompson

My apologies to Green Bay GM Ted Thompson who insists that the Rams never called inquiring about trading backup quarterback Ryan Fitzpatrick and that the Packers would never be interested in the Harvard passer.

Another thought on Green Bay ... the tension that pervaded the building when Mike Sherman was the head coach is gone. The little people, the secretaries, those in the Pro Shop, enjoy the new working atmosphere under Thompson and new head coach Mike McCarthy. This is a bigger deal in Green Bay because it is such a small city.

“It was never a good working relationship between Ted and Coach Sherman because no matter how much Ted tried to open a dialogue with him, it never happened,â€

DakotaT

Cheesehead
Reaction score
digsthepack said:

So, all you MS apologists/TT bashers...do you still have the same regard for your man after reading this. His paranoia/control freak nature had even trickled down to the friggin' staff at the Pro Shop. Dear Lord, I am SO glad that bundle of nerves is gone.

Apologies to Thompson

My apologies to Green Bay GM Ted Thompson who insists that the Rams never called inquiring about trading backup quarterback Ryan Fitzpatrick and that the Packers would never be interested in the Harvard passer.

Another thought on Green Bay ... the tension that pervaded the building when Mike Sherman was the head coach is gone. The little people, the secretaries, those in the Pro Shop, enjoy the new working atmosphere under Thompson and new head coach Mike McCarthy. This is a bigger deal in Green Bay because it is such a small city.

“It was never a good working relationship between Ted and Coach Sherman because no matter how much Ted tried to open a dialogue with him, it never happened,â€

DakotaT

Cheesehead
Reaction score
DakotaT said:
digsthepack said:

Apologies to Thompson

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There was tension in the "PRO SHOP!??" That seems a little far fetched. But i could be wrong of course.

Reaction score
DakotaT said:
digsthepack said:

Apologies to Thompson

DakotaT

Cheesehead
Reaction score
AADP, I liked Sherman until 4th and 26. The following year he was outcoached by Mike Tice in a playoff game at Lambeau, Mike Tice. Let that roll around awhile. I know I dwell on the bad, but Mike Tice!

Reaction score
DakotaT said:
AADP, I liked Sherman until 4th and 26. The following year he was outcoached by Mike Tice in a playoff game at Lambeau, Mike Tice. Let that roll around awhile. I know I dwell on the bad, but Mike Tice!

I think I'd say moreso than being outcoached, Sherman was unprepared. He didn't want to face the reality that he was already short hadned, and if he lost another player he would have to make some major adjustments. That came to pass, and Sherman was, figuritively, a deer caught in the headlights. To add, he wasn't interested in planning for the worst, and he also seemed to outthink himself at times. However he displayed flashes at times that rove what he was capable of, and those flases were amazing.

Ultimately, I think Sherman was the type of man of thought he had to do everything. He had a staff and people to rely on, but his personality simply couldn't. I don't blame him, because at times in college I have felt the same way. It's may marks, and I need them to be at the top to get into law school. I know I'll be fine if I do it, but not sure if the project is delegated between me and a partner, how it will work out.

Regardless, I think highly of Sherman the person, and I think he was a good coach to be able to get the Packers to do what he did in his tenure, because of dwindling talent levels and hubris that he had which limited him from delegating more responsibilites to his assistants.

Lare

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Regardless of what we (and the Pro Shop employees) think of Sherman, it is hard to argue with his results.

The same will be said of Thompson & McCarthy. They may be great guys and good at their jobs, but if the team isn't successful on the field they will be gone.

Members online

Latest posts