Nance and Starks: We are counting on you!

98Redbird

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Saw this on another forums, and liked it, so I thought I'd post it over here...

Dear Dimitri Nance & James Starks,

Every day that passes the Packers are less likely to trade for a RB. We are counting on one of you to step up and be decisive, quick, and most importantly a hard runner that can take over the 1st and 2nd down duties. Nance, you are still learning the playbook which is understandable, but when you get your name called make sure that you do not hesitate and hit the hole full speed. Starks, you will have had a month and a half in addition to all of training camp to recover from your hamstring injury and you should know the playbook and terminology well by week 7. If we are going to make the playoffs and have a shot at getting to the Superbowl we're going to need a decent run game to keep defenses honest. The opportunity is there let's see what you guys got...

Sincerely,
Cheese-heads

Incubes12

Bay Harbor Butcher?
Reaction score
I don't know about anyone else, but I'm really getting my hopes up for these two. I'm hoping Nance is a big power back with a running style akin to SJax with Starks being our shiftier guy. I'm really looking forward to what these two can do. Does anyone know how much longer it's going to take for Nance to get in the game?

gbpack12_2_89

Bleeding Green and Gold
Reaction score
I don't know about anyone else, but I'm really getting my hopes up for these two. I'm hoping Nance is a big power back with a running style akin to SJax with Starks being our shiftier guy. I'm really looking forward to what these two can do. Does anyone know how much longer it's going to take for Nance to get in the game?

Well I believe he was out there aganist the lions on st but I don't know why the hell he has not been out there running the ball at all. I don't know if it's taking him that long to get to know the playbill but if he does get him out there next week!!! I don't think he can do anything worse than what are running game as been like so far this year.

OP
OP
98Redbird

98Redbird

Cheesehead
Reaction score
McCarthy was mentioning trying out Nance for KR's... since Jordy can't seem to hang on to the freaking ball.

He's coming along very slowly picking up our playbook, seems as though he may not be all that bright of a guy?

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Chances of both of them having any impact this season: 5%.

One doesn't know the playbook, the other hasn't played football since early 2009. Neither has played significantly against NFL competition, and MM is very cautious about unproven guys.

armand34

Cheesehead
Reaction score
this topic makes me want to puke, especially when you see other teams just plug in a guy and produce, for example, RYAN TORAIN from Denver under Shanahan, now in Washington, Portis goes down, Torain steps in, Running game doesn't miss a beat

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
this topic makes me want to puke, especially when you see other teams just plug in a guy and produce, for example, RYAN TORAIN from Denver under Shanahan, now in Washington, Portis goes down, Torain steps in, Running game doesn't miss a beat
Shanahan once called Torain "the next Terrell Davis" when in Denver...

But I agree.

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree it would be nice to just plug and play like that. Honestly, I think a lot of our running game success will have to come from our o-line. If those guys can open some holes, we'll see a better run game. I think we saw a little bit of that last time with Kuhn, who I think could be our Jerome Bettis. Not terribly fast, but huge and just bowls people over.

Members online

Latest posts