1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

My first trip to Lambeau, any suggestions?

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by Pack Daddy, Dec 30, 2010.

1. Pack Daddy

Pack Daddy Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +8
    My buddy and I, after being life long Packers fans stuck in the state of Pennsylvania, are finally making it out to Lambeau this week to watch us crush the Bears and and rightfully claim our spot in the playoffs. Im honestly so excited Ive barley slept this week. The game got moved to 4:15 so there's plenty of time before and after to kill. I was just curious as to what you guys would suggest checking out? Bars, restaurants, shops, were honestly trying to hit up anything and everything thats green and gold (especially bars).

• Like Like x 2
  2. ilovemypackers

ilovemypackers Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +125
    You'll get TON's of suggestions from this site, I did when I made my very first trek to the land of Lambeau!
    I was a lot more relaxed about my game because we were playing the Cowboys. You'll have the time of your life!

If you want to read about my trip, I documented it starting 42 days out..My Lambeau Pilgrimage – M. Banks | Packers Passion

Go Packers Go!!

3. Grave

Grave Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +81
    Fuzzy's #63 on Mason Street. Great burgers, ribeye sandwiches and lots of Fuzzy Thurston and Packer stuff. We will be there around noon. I will be wear #66 and my wife will have #12, brother #5, sisterinlaw ?
    Be honored to buy you a beer.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Pack Daddy

Pack Daddy Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +8
    I honestly got goosebumps reading about your trip. IM SO EXCITED!!

• Like Like x 2
  5. Pack Daddy

Pack Daddy Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +8
    That sounds amazing Grave, Ill be wearing a pretty beat up Jennings jersey, and my buddy will be wearing an extremely nice Starr jersey. hopefully I see you there!!

6. Wood Chipper

Wood Chipper Fantasy Football Guru

Ratings:
    +1,422
    not much sightseeing in green bay from what i remember. but there are LOTS of packers fans so u will be right at home

7. gbpack12_2_89

gbpack12_2_89 Bleeding Green and Gold

Ratings:
    +192
    Yep not much site seeing but there is at least 1 bar every 1 mile so if u like to drink this is the place for u

8. ilovemypackers

Ratings:
    +125
    Here is a list that a Packer friend sent me:

1. Take the Lambeau Field Tour (seems cheesey, but, it’s not)
    2. Check out the nearby restaurants – including the Favre Steakhouse
    3. Everyone stops at the Stadium View for some awesome cheesecurds
    4. There is a Jersey Store right nearby – hope you saved your fiat cash (LOL)
    5. Fuzzy’s place is over on the other side of the field from Stadium View (and Scalper’s Alley)
    6. Make sure to check out if there will be any events where some Players are attending the game – like they did for us in 2004. I have a large signature board with Willie Davis, Carroll Dale, and over two dozen other’s signatures now framed over my fireplace – intention is to get as many of the other Greats to sign it before they’re gone, as well. The only one I missed was Bart Starr as they had him in a separate area because (as usual) he’s the biggest draw there is. But, I got to see him give a speech down here in May 2006 and now he has a IPB Club Tee shirt to remember our meeting. He later sent back an autographed photo, all framed – now hanging in its proper place in my (Loft) Shrine.
    7. Obviously, having lunch at Curly’s just inside the Atrium – is a must. There’s also a newly renovated house right across the street from the PackerProShop which will be packed on Game Day – you might want to check that out, if you have time.
    8. I ran into an old couple in 2004, selling four boxes of Packer Stuff (each for a $1) and came back with some prize items for my Shrine – so, keep yer eyes out.
    9. Our last stay at Green Bay, was at the TUNDRA LODGE – and well worth it.
    10. Last, but not least – ? – it’s the fans that make the trip worth it, the most. When you hit town, you can almost feel it crossing the city line. GAME DAY is where it goes over the top. The Tailgating is definitely a must-do. Checking out the old cars dressed up in Packer paint, ..on to just going up and down the lanes and seeing all the fans keeping with tradition and taking the time to just chat with them or throw a football around.

9. Mushroom

Mushroom Packer Owner/Shareholder

Ratings:
    +106
    GO to Fuzzys! GO away (north) from the stadium on Oneida...take a left on Mason (the busy street) look for Fuzzys on the left up the road a bit (look for a big green football shaped sign). Lynn Dicky's been there the last 2 times I was there....Obviously Fuzzy was too.

and be on the look out for Packer plates the start with GBP...They're people on the team. Coaches or players. You'll see a lot of Packer plates (WI issues a bunch) but the ones to look for are mentioned above. I almost got run over by Grady Jackson when I was living up there... :)

10. JBlood

JBlood Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,312
    "2. Check out the nearby restaurants – including the Favre Steakhouse"

yeah, the meat is old and meals are frequently served to the wrong people--all in honor of the namesake.

just kidding--I haven't been in there for years, but the name makes me lose my appetite.

• Like Like x 2
  11. Mushroom

Mushroom Packer Owner/Shareholder

Ratings:
    +106
    No kidding BFSH blows!

12. Wood Chipper

Ratings:
    +1,422
    the lambeau field tour is actually pretty cool. it was like only 10 bucks when i went in 07

13. rodgerslover

rodgerslover Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    hey it is my first time going to green bay as well and i am coming from oshawa ontario to watch this game with my gf. i have never been more excited in my life!

14. Cheesehead Brittany

Cheesehead Brittany Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +184
    definitely get a tour :)

15. JBlood

JBlood Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,312
    Does your GF know this?

16. rodgerslover

rodgerslover Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    i dont know lol, why?

17. Wood Chipper

Ratings:
    +1,422
    shes just a gf not a fiance or wife so she cant play the wedding day or proposal day card

18. Grave

Grave Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +81
    OK. Great!

19. Mr. StyleZ

Mr. StyleZ Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +376
    Have a blast dude! Atmosphere around Lambeau on gameday is indescribable! The best part is just meeting people from all over. Everyone is just like family.

20. ilovemypackers

Ratings:
    +125
    We didn't eat there, but it was right next door to our hotel.. I did roll my eyes at it though.

21. packerbackerUGA

packerbackerUGA Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Its also me and a buddy are coming up first time. I was up there today to go to Maplewood meats and another store to get cheese. Anybody want to meet up somewhere and have fun before the game

22. gbpack12_2_89

Ratings:
    +192
    If you wanna meet up tomorrow n drink some beers send me a pm and let me know if your up for it.

23. packerbackerUGA

Ratings:
    +0
    We wont be up there til sunday. I drove up from chicago today just to do maplewood, we are not bears fun, just in case u were wondering

24. gbpack12_2_89

Ratings:
    +192
    What time ou getting up here on Sunday?

25. packerbackerUGA

Ratings:
    +0
    hopefully around 7 am, trying to get the free parking