My first trip to Lambeau, any suggestions?

Pack Daddy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My buddy and I, after being life long Packers fans stuck in the state of Pennsylvania, are finally making it out to Lambeau this week to watch us crush the Bears and and rightfully claim our spot in the playoffs. Im honestly so excited Ive barley slept this week. The game got moved to 4:15 so there's plenty of time before and after to kill. I was just curious as to what you guys would suggest checking out? Bars, restaurants, shops, were honestly trying to hit up anything and everything thats green and gold (especially bars).

Grave

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Fuzzy's #63 on Mason Street. Great burgers, ribeye sandwiches and lots of Fuzzy Thurston and Packer stuff. We will be there around noon. I will be wear #66 and my wife will have #12, brother #5, sisterinlaw ?
Be honored to buy you a beer.

OP
OP
Pack Daddy

Pack Daddy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That sounds amazing Grave, Ill be wearing a pretty beat up Jennings jersey, and my buddy will be wearing an extremely nice Starr jersey. hopefully I see you there!!

Wood Chipper

Fantasy Football Guru
Reaction score
not much sightseeing in green bay from what i remember. but there are LOTS of packers fans so u will be right at home

ilovemypackers

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Here is a list that a Packer friend sent me:

1. Take the Lambeau Field Tour (seems cheesey, but, it’s not)
2. Check out the nearby restaurants – including the Favre Steakhouse
3. Everyone stops at the Stadium View for some awesome cheesecurds
4. There is a Jersey Store right nearby – hope you saved your fiat cash (LOL)
5. Fuzzy’s place is over on the other side of the field from Stadium View (and Scalper’s Alley)
6. Make sure to check out if there will be any events where some Players are attending the game – like they did for us in 2004. I have a large signature board with Willie Davis, Carroll Dale, and over two dozen other’s signatures now framed over my fireplace – intention is to get as many of the other Greats to sign it before they’re gone, as well. The only one I missed was Bart Starr as they had him in a separate area because (as usual) he’s the biggest draw there is. But, I got to see him give a speech down here in May 2006 and now he has a IPB Club Tee shirt to remember our meeting. He later sent back an autographed photo, all framed – now hanging in its proper place in my (Loft) Shrine.
7. Obviously, having lunch at Curly’s just inside the Atrium – is a must. There’s also a newly renovated house right across the street from the PackerProShop which will be packed on Game Day – you might want to check that out, if you have time.
8. I ran into an old couple in 2004, selling four boxes of Packer Stuff (each for a $1) and came back with some prize items for my Shrine – so, keep yer eyes out.
9. Our last stay at Green Bay, was at the TUNDRA LODGE – and well worth it.
10. Last, but not least – ? – it’s the fans that make the trip worth it, the most. When you hit town, you can almost feel it crossing the city line. GAME DAY is where it goes over the top. The Tailgating is definitely a must-do. Checking out the old cars dressed up in Packer paint, ..on to just going up and down the lanes and seeing all the fans keeping with tradition and taking the time to just chat with them or throw a football around.

Mushroom

Packer Owner/Shareholder
Reaction score
GO to Fuzzys! GO away (north) from the stadium on Oneida...take a left on Mason (the busy street) look for Fuzzys on the left up the road a bit (look for a big green football shaped sign). Lynn ****y's been there the last 2 times I was there....Obviously Fuzzy was too.

and be on the look out for Packer plates the start with GBP...They're people on the team. Coaches or players. You'll see a lot of Packer plates (WI issues a bunch) but the ones to look for are mentioned above. I almost got run over by Grady Jackson when I was living up there... :)

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
"2. Check out the nearby restaurants – including the Favre Steakhouse"

yeah, the meat is old and meals are frequently served to the wrong people--all in honor of the namesake.

just kidding--I haven't been in there for years, but the name makes me lose my appetite.

rodgerslover

Cheesehead
Reaction score
hey it is my first time going to green bay as well and i am coming from oshawa ontario to watch this game with my gf. i have never been more excited in my life!

Mr. StyleZ

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Have a blast dude! Atmosphere around Lambeau on gameday is indescribable! The best part is just meeting people from all over. Everyone is just like family.

packerbackerUGA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Its also me and a buddy are coming up first time. I was up there today to go to Maplewood meats and another store to get cheese. Anybody want to meet up somewhere and have fun before the game

Members online

Latest posts