Murphy sounds excited

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He sounds ready to play. I am curious to see how he responds. Injuries make way for big players. Terry Glenn got hurt..Enter Javon Walker. Majik got hurt, Enter Brett Favre. Whats his name in New england got hurt, Enter Tom Brady. Enter Willie Parker. etc.

Lets hope he can hold on to the favre fastballs.

NCPackerfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm anxious to see him play too, tromadz. I'd like to see Favre throw his way during the first series this Sunday. Get those first game jitters out of the way.

digsthepack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Personally, I would like to see Ahman Green get the ball more than 12 times. That being said, I have every confidence in Murphy.

Not looking like such a crazy pick after all, huh?

On another note, I read somewhere earlier that Javon may be dumping Rosenpig.

OP
OP
tromadz

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ive said it before and ill say it again, Green will get more than 12 carries. HE CRAMPED UP. It happened to a LOT of players in week 1, who arent used to 4 quarters of constant action. WE all know Rossley loves to run..so..calm yourselves, or I will be forced to slap you in the face with heavy force.

Is chatman higher on the depth chart than Murph? Is it DriverFergyChattyMurphy?

digsthepack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Chatman should probably be the #3...just because of familiarity. Must say, I am excited to see T-Murph play.

LambeauLeaper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I read that they want Murphy at #3 because of his size. Also, it's true that Green cramped up and that's part of the reason he only had 12 carries. But, let's not forget all of the penalties - many of which turned running downs into passing downs or ended the drives altogether.

digsthepack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Geez. sorry I missed that....you know, there are times a person leaves the room during a 3.5 hour game...that drinking does cause a resultant activity.

PackerChick

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz said:
He sounds ready to play. I am curious to see how he responds. Injuries make way for big players. Terry Glenn got hurt..Enter Javon Walker. Majik got hurt, Enter Brett Favre. Whats his name in New england got hurt, Enter Tom Brady. Enter Willie Parker. etc.

Lets hope he can hold on to the favre fastballs.

trom, i believe what his name in ne was drew bledsoe.

CalifPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I too would like to see Green carry the ball alot. We need to establish our strong running game.

As for Murphy, I would not expect too much in his first game. Hope he has a basic understanding of the offence because a month of TC is all he has under his belt. If he catches a few balls and runs correct routes and blocks that will be a good start.

PackerTraxx

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I hope he turns out to be a great 2nd rd pick and the steal of the draft, breaking all Rice's records! :mrgreen:

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I just hope he remains healthy throughout the Season. That's enuf for the beginning.

It'd be great if he does have a Nick Barnett type rookie season...
But, I'll take what I can get....

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No - you're pretty much on line with reality there....

The problem (for me) seems to exist in the practice levels by Sherman.
I noticed on one other thread that (suddenly) Mike Sherman will be having the Players run laps for screw ups... DOH!

He (Sherman) may have been reading this web site in that regard - 'cause I know we all discussed it. Especially after seeing how many players were huffin and puffin out there near the end of the 3rd quarter....

Lombardi would never stand for it - neither should Sherman.
These guys should be pretty fresh goin' into the 4th quarter - every time!

calicheesehead

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Those penalties causing 3rd and long amounted to much of the pass plays. If the OL pulls its sh!# together we'll be able to pound. Then the oft-called play action can work. I hope T-Murph breaks out big, I don't want to see INT's based off of wrong routes.

OP
OP
tromadz

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Im not worried about the Oline. I seen a lot of week 1 fatigue\sloppiness. Not just in the packers, but around the league. A lot of..sloppy play by quality teams. It should get better.

Also, some of the penalties on the Oline were from quality veterans like Clifton and Flanagan. That..doesnt happen often, so I am not worried. If it was multiple rookies on the line doing it, it would be a cause for concern, but ..im not doubting Chad and Mike...never.

ArizonaPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
IPBprez said:
I just hope he remains healthy throughout the Season. That's enuf for the beginning.

It'd be great if he does have a Nick Barnett type rookie season...
But, I'll take what I can get....

I agree. I'd love for him to have an Anquan Boldin type rookie season of over 100 catches for a 2nd round pick, but the chances of that are slim. So I too am just hoping he can stay healthy and contribute enough as a 3rd or 4th receiver.

It's too bad he got injured during the preseason, because it sounded like he was doing well in camp. Now he's kind of behind with the time he missed. I think next year will be more of a breeakout year for him, as it took guys like Brooks and Freeman a year to really get a grasp of the offense before taking off.

I'm still eager to see Murphy though.

PackerTraxx

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm anxious to see him also. He was talked up so nicely during the pre season and then we never got to see him. If I remember correctly, Murphy is supposed to be intelligent. That should help him grasp the offense better and faster.

Members online

Latest posts