Most memorable Packers/Bears games

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
With week 1 fast approaching I thought I'd bring up some of the most memorable Packer/Bear games. Here are my top 7 from my lifetime that I've all seem:
7) 2002: Packers 30, Bears 20
No real good reason other than I was at the game and it was the clincher for our first division title since 1997!

6) 2013: Bears 31, Packers 24
Aaron Rodgers injury game. Memorable for bad reasons.

5) 2007: Bears 27, Packers 20
This one sticks out because at the time we were shocking the NFL in 2007 with our undefeated start, and expected it to continue at Lambeau against the Bears who came in and upset us.

4) 2006: Packers 26, Bears 7
Memorable for a few reasons. Avenged a humiliating 26-0 home loss in Week 1 in McCarthy's debut. A tearful 'maybe this is goodbye' from Favre. A 0.0 rating for Rex.

3) 2010: Packers 10, Bears 3
There were a lot of memorable ones with the Bears in 2010, but our SB45 ride really began here. I remember Love held nothing back despite having nothing to play for that week. The Bears stuck with their starters and the game came down to the final drive.

2) 2013: Packers 33, Bears 28
Hard not to put this one #1. Rodgers to Cobb for the TD will always be one of my favorite moments in Packer history.

1) 2010: Packers 21, Bears 14
Couldn't really be anything else but the NFC Championship Game. And there could have been no sweeter way to get t the Super Bowl that year than beating the Bears.

thepackers1fan4

Pack attack 4 ever!
Reaction score
With week 1 fast approaching I thought I'd bring up some of the most memorable Packer/Bear games. Here are my top 7 from my lifetime that I've all seem:
7) 2002: Packers 30, Bears 20
No real good reason other than I was at the game and it was the clincher for our first division title since 1997!

5) 2007: Bears 27, Packers 20
This one sticks out because at the time we were shocking the NFL in 2007 with our undefeated start, and expected it to continue at Lambeau against the Bears who came in and upset us.

4) 2006: Packers 26, Bears 7
Memorable for a few reasons. Avenged a humiliating 26-0 home loss in Week 1 in McCarthy's debut. A tearful 'maybe this is goodbye' from Favre. A 0.0 rating for Rex.

3) 2010: Packers 10, Bears 3
There were a lot of memorable ones with the Bears in 2010, but our SB45 ride really began here. I remember Love held nothing back despite having nothing to play for that week. The Bears stuck with their starters and the game came down to the final drive.

2) 2013: Packers 33, Bears 28
Hard not to put this one #1. Rodgers to Cobb for the TD will always be one of my favorite moments in Packer history.

1) 2010: Packers 21, Bears 14
Couldn't really be anything else but the NFC Championship Game. And there could have been no sweeter way to get t the Super Bowl that year than beating the Bears.

I think for me it would have to be the Rodgers to Cobb Touchdown pass in 2013 to send the Packers to the playoffs, I can't remember a time where I was more excited , just jumping around my room screaming "we're going to the playoffs" will never forget this game. ever.

D

Deleted member 6794

The final score was 27-20 Bears. I can vividly remember that game because it was the first one for me at Lambeau.

Last edited by a moderator:

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Nov. 5, 1989: "After further review, we have a reversal . . . touchdown!"

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Last edited:

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
I’ve been watching Packers Bears games for almost six decades and completely agree with adambr2’s number one choice. For me it’s the most memorable and most significant. With regard to this great rivalry I can’t imagine anything sweeter than going into their house and celebrating a trip to the Super Bowl in front of (mostly) their fans. All the better when you consider what a bitter pill that was for Bears fans to swallow.

Sky King

Reaction score
December 15, 1968. Watched the 100th regular season meeting of the Packers - Bears rivalry on TV with my dad. Packers won 28-27 in the season finale. If my dad were alive today he would be 103 y/o. God willing, I plan to watch the 200th with my son, hopefully in-person. Unless they meet in the playoffs (twice or more) between now and 2019, that's the projected year for #200.

BTW, I attended my first live Packer - Bear game at Milwaukee County Stadium back in the early 1960s. Both teams were on the same sideline due to the stadium's design and the coaches were Lombardi and Halas. There had to have been more than a dozen HOFers on the sideline that day.

This will always be the undisputed #1 rivalry for the Packers as far as I'm concerned, though hardly the only one that I appreciate for its intensity. Some rivalries come and go but the Packers and Bears is the NFL epitome. David vs. Goliath.

Voltron

Cheesehead
Reaction score
cant forget this..

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Dont forget this one either......

Chester Marcol Victory TD in Overtime vs Chicago Bears 1980

This Video links to some other fantastic finishes as well...so watch all the way through :coffee:

click on the video below (twice) to watch it on YouTube

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I will always remember taking my daughter out trick or treating and running in and out of the neighbor's house to watch a windy and rainy game in Chicago. The conditions were awesome! I love that about football. I think one punt actually went backwards. It was a game when Edgar Bennet showed himself to be a true mudder. The Pack won.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I will always remember taking my daughter out trick or treating and running in and out of the neighbor's house to watch a windy and rainy game in Chicago. The conditions were awesome! I love that about football. I think one punt actually went backwards. It was a game when Edgar Bennet showed himself to be a true mudder. The Pack won.

I remember the game well......can't find a clip yet, but I do remember Packers whipping them in their throw back road jerseys.

http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packers/229783091.html

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Funny, I was going to bring this game up but thought that we won 9-6. I definitely remember the conditions as you don't get many mud games anymore in the NFL. What a shame.

Sky King

Reaction score
It's eerie what I associate with that game. Bound for O'Hare, an American Eagle flight with 68 souls on-board crashed into a field just south of Chicago during the game and all were lost. The conditions were so unusually bad that night that the aircraft's wings/control surfaces iced-up badly and the pilots completely lost control. Shades of Knute Rockne.

DaveRoller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I flew into O'Hare that Halloween night. Flooding and only a few taxis -- eerie to see O'Hare that deserted and only found out about the crash when I got home that evening..

The bookend games in 1980 (Chester's running TD in OT alluded to above) and the 61-7 shellacking at Soldier Field that sealed Bart's coaching fate were quite something considering both teams were pretty consistently awful back then.

Members online

Latest posts