More "Nick Collins" Commentary

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Here's this article - you may have read it already - but it is telling.....

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Safety Collins trying to prove critics wrong!
By Dylan B. Tomlinson
PackersNews.com

It was just moments after the Green Bay Packers selected safety Nick Collins in the second round of the NFL draft when the criticism began.

ESPN analyst Mel Kiper Jr. called the pick

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
thanks for posting the article :D

I hope this kid starts and flourishs. Not just because I'm a packers fan, but to show others that Ted knows what he's doing

PackerTraxx

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I take Kiper's comment as a good omen. They talk that it's hard to adjust coming from a small school but I'll bet it's a lot harder to adjust if you run a 4.56 or 4.66 instead of 4.36 forty. :lol:

I just hope the guy can play and lay some snotslobbers on somebody. 8)

Nice article.

OP
OP
I

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thanks, Slick - And, I agree with that point of view....
Certain Sports Writers may not like TT being in Town... but, ya gotta wonder why that would be... Sherman has outright admitted that with all the personal events going on in his life.. throughout last year - heck, it's a wonder we even made the Playoffs.... came right out and said so!

As for Kiper - I think his hat size is gettin' bigger than it should be....
If we're gonna elevate the guy as a resource - then Steve Czaban should get a promotion, as well.

Steve Czaban - First Team on FOX ---- (Foxsports Radio)

Side Note:
The Czabe blasted David Stern this morning - it was outstanding!

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
IPBprez said:
As for Kiper - I think his hat size is gettin' bigger than it should be....

I won't even get started on Kiper, but I will say this, if he was such an 'expert' why has no NFL team locked his services up??

ArizonaPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If Kiper would have been the GM instead of Wolf, we never would have drafted Dorsey Levens as Kiper was ripping Levens before the draft. I'm sure glad Wolf was our GM and not Kiper.

I don't know what to expect out of Collins. Sharper struggled his first couple of years, so it might take Collins awhile too. I want to give the guy a chance on the field before I judge him good or bad.

I also agree with Slick, that I hope Collins works out not only for the Packers, but that it does show everyone that TT knows what he is doing. Drafting Rodgers was pretty much a gimme since he fell in TT's lap. The draft picks after that will really tell how good this staff is at evaluating talent.

OP
OP
I

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Somehow AZ, I got this feeling that Collins just may be a bit tougher than Darren...
And, to boot, there's no LeRoy Butler to hold his hand, so he'll have to be!

HatestheEagles084

Cheesehead
Reaction score
IPBprez said:
Somehow AZ, I got this feeling that Collins just may be a bit tougher than Darren...And, to boot, there's no LeRoy Butler to hold his hand, so he'll have to be!

that's key, Collins looks to have the physical game that Darren Sharper had...some odd weeks.

off topic, how does Collins get Butler's #36...Leroy was an all-decade player I think he deserves that recognition from the team and should have his number retired

OP
OP
I

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
JavonWalker084 said:
off topic,
How does Collins get Butler's #36...?
Leroy was an "all-decade" player. I think he deserves that recognition from the team and should have his number retired
Good point. Hadn't really considered it... I guess I've been busy.
I wonder..... Maybe this guy's got the oooofda, to fill those shoes? Just maybe...?
We'll see....

spaulding

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You can't retire all the #'s fellas. They hold #'s out of circulation for a couple years as a sign of respect and then reissue them. Lots of guys could have had their # retired-Willie Wood and Jerry Kramer come to mind, and look at the stiffs that have worn their #'s. Obvious Reggie and Brett will have their #'s retired, but I think that's all for the forseeable future.

OP
OP
I

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I suspect the Fandom "might" --- want to... if you follow... actually retire Brett's number.

I don't necessarily see that as something the Packers would go ahead and do...!
Anyhting's possible - when was the last time the Packers did that...?

PackerTraxx

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't know what to expect out of Collins. Sharper struggled his first couple of years, so it might take Collins awhile too. I want to give the guy a chance on the field before I judge him good or bad.

Zona, if he can tackle and keep his mouth shut, he's ahead of Sharper right now. The more I read about this guy the more I like him. His success would be great for TT. :mrgreen:

According to Harlan, they plan on retiring Reggie's number this year. They were going to have Reggie in for a very special weekend. It will still be special, but not the same without Reggie here. :cry:

Members online

Latest posts