Mock drafts

D

Deleted member 6794

Personally, I am not real high on Amaro and hope we don't draft him. I would rather take a chance on Blake Annen out of Cinncinnati at some point in the mid to late rounds. 6-4 248 and ran a 4.48. Unheralded prospect that maybe could be developed. I am hoping Shazier is there at 21 as I think it would give the Packers a much needed jolt of speed to our front 7. If we want Shazier I don't think we can trade down past Cleveland at 26 IMO.

I think Amaro would be a reach in the first round but won´t be there when the Packers pick in the 2nd. I don´t know anything about Annen, while obviously having great speed he didn´t have a lot of receptions during his college career though.

I don't know where Barrow falls according to round, I have seen some mocks with him in the 3-4 range. 5? 6? Where ever it is I think he would bring if more physical presence in the middle that we lack if drafted.

I expect Barrow to be drafted in the fifth or sixth round.

HyponGrey

Caseus Locutus Est
Reaction score
Personally, I am not real high on Amaro and hope we don't draft him. I would rather take a chance on Blake Annen out of Cinncinnati at some point in the mid to late rounds. 6-4 248 and ran a 4.48. Unheralded prospect that maybe could be developed. I am hoping Shazier is there at 21 as I think it would give the Packers a much needed jolt of speed to our front 7. If we want Shazier I don't think we can trade down past Cleveland at 26 IMO.

I don't know where Barrow falls according to round, I have seen some mocks with him in the 3-4 range. 5? 6? Where ever it is I think he would bring if more physical presence in the middle that we lack if drafted.
Hard to dislike Annen's measurables.

Only problem I have with Shazier is he tends to rely on his speed to run around blocks. He'd probably still beat Jones for the starting WILB spot.

I have very little confidence that we could teach Barrow how to cover, but he's a good SILB prospect.

ExpatPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hard to dislike Annen's measurables.

Only problem I have with Shazier is he tends to rely on his speed to run around blocks. He'd probably still beat Jones for the starting WILB spot.

I have very little confidence that we could teach Barrow how to cover, but he's a good SILB prospect.

That's why I worry about using a 1st rounder on Shazier. We'd get more value trading back to the end of the 1st round or early 2nd round, + another 3rd rounder, and Shazier, Amaro types, at least some of them would still be there.

D

Deleted member 6794

That's why I worry about using a 1st rounder on Shazier. We'd get more value trading back to the end of the 1st round or early 2nd round, + another 3rd rounder, and Shazier, Amaro types, at least some of them would still be there.

I still wonder why a lot of you see Shazier as a great fit at ILB in a 3-4, but be that as it may. It will be tough getting a guy with Shazier's athleticism after the first round though, so I wouldn't mind drafting him at #21 if the Packers plan on lining him up at OLB.

ExpatPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I still wonder why a lot of you see Shazier as a great fit at ILB in a 3-4, but be that as it may. It will be tough getting a guy with Shazier's athleticism after the first round though, so I wouldn't mind drafting him at #21 if the Packers plan on lining him up at OLB.

I don't see him as a good choice for ILB. Borland is more fitted for that. Another guy who's kind of flying under the radar after getting early attention is Yawin Smallwood. If we don't take Borland, Smallwood in round 3 would be a good value pick at a position of need.

D

Deleted member 6794

I don't see him as a good choice for ILB. Borland is more fitted for that. Another guy who's kind of flying under the radar after getting early attention is Yawin Smallwood. If we don't take Borland, Smallwood in round 3 would be a good value pick at a position of need.

I wasn't talking about you when thinking of guys seeing Shazier as a 3-4 ILB. I'm not that high on Borland either, but would be interested in Smallwood, although the hamstring injury he suffered at the combine is a huge red flag.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Only problem I have with Shazier is he tends to rely on his speed to run around blocks.
They said that about Navorro Bowman, Patrick Willis too.

Think about this: If you're fast, and there's a G or FB coming at you, with a RB behind him, do you want to let that blocker get into you, or if you're fast, run around the block?

COMBINE MEASURABLES:
Shazier: 6-1, 237, 4.38 Pro Day
Bowman:
Patrick Willis:
Bobby Wagner:
Lavonte David:

"I feel I compare to (Tampa Bay's) Lavonte David or (San Francisco's) NaVorro Bowman," Shazier told USA Today. "My favorite player right now is (San Francisco's) Patrick Willis, but I feel like my game favors Lavonte David a lot. ... I just feel I'm a very versatile player. Whatever a coach wants me to be, I can do."

....Finished 3rd nationally in 2013 with 144 tackles, and he was tied for 2nd with 23.5 tackles for loss.
He also had 7 sacks and 4 forced fumbles.
So in the past 2 seasons, he had 269 tackles, 40.5 tackles for loss, 12 sacks and 7 forced fumbles.

I don't see this guy getting past us at #21, unless Pryor or Clinton-Dix is still there for us.
Still, they still might take Shazier because of his special speed & athleticism. They want to get faster, and he will help them become faster.

D

Deleted member 6794

Even he himself compares himself, patterns himself, after all INSIDE linebackers.

That doesn't make any difference to me. IMO he's not a great at ILB in the Packers defense and nothing you or he will say won't change my mind.

ExpatPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I wasn't talking about you when thinking of guys seeing Shazier as a 3-4 ILB. I'm not that high on Borland either, but would be interested in Smallwood, although the hamstring injury he suffered at the combine is a huge red flag.

Did Smallwood injure his hammy at the Combine? That sucks. Probably the reason why he has dropped a lot after being rated as the next best ILB behind Mosley.

HyponGrey

Caseus Locutus Est
Reaction score
That doesn't make any difference to me. IMO he's not a great at ILB in the Packers defense and nothing you or he will say won't change my mind.
Yes, Shazier would technically fit better at OLB, I just don't see him succeeding there. SOLB in a 43, or WILB in a 34 are pretty much the only places where he's got a shot IMHO

jaybadger82

Cheesehead
Reaction score
How does a topic like "Mock Drafts" get derailed like this?

-If you want to talk centers or inside linebackers, then start another thread. Seems like this should be a clearing house for links to mock drafts.

Edited to add: Here's the latest from CBSSports.com.

H

HardRightEdge

H

HardRightEdge

Mayock says we pass on HHCD for Shazier. I can never take anything he says seriously again
I believe Mayock to be one of the better talent evaluators in this media game. I'd also be disappointed if we selected Shazier, though I'd hardly be shocked.

H

HardRightEdge

In the final analysis, I think Mosely will be on the board and we'll take him.

Many teams don't like spending (money, picks) on ILBs; Mosely's injury question marks will scare a few away. And everybody loves them some OTs and WRs and there are quite a few worthy options at those positions.

Dylan Hoppe

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Clinton Dix. Definitely unless the cards do some stupid ****

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Members online

Latest posts