Mock Draft 1.0- Kyra

RepStar15

"We're going to relentlessly chase perfection."
Reaction score
Can’t sleep, so why not make an early mock draft.

Cuts:

• Tramon Williams- Open up 5 million towards the cap
  • Nick Perry- Post 6/1 cut opens up 10.7 million towards the cap (for next year or to go after a solid late camp cut)
  • Cole Madison- Is he considered a cut? I have no reason to believe he will play football again. A sad story.

FA Signings:

• Roger Scaffold (G)- 2 year 13 million
  • Tre Boston (S)- 4 year 22 million

Resign:

• Geronimo Allison - Have a feeling the Lions will submit an offer sheet for him. Match it as long as it’s under 5.5 million/year
  • Breeshad Breeland - 3 year 19 million
  • CM3 - 2 year 12 million
  • Muhammad Wilkerson- 1 year 3.5 million (tough injury to come back from)
  • Jake Kumerow- Vet minimum. Let’s see what he can or can’t do.

TRADE!!! Packers trade 1.12 to the Cleveland Browns for 1.17, 3.16, 4.17

1.17- Montez Sweat, Edge (6’6, 245 lbs) - Big dude that seems like he reaches across the entire field to make a tackle. Though he has the ability to get to the QB, I particularly like what he could bring to the run stop off of the edge. We got destroyed last year by sweeps and open field tackles.

1.30- Jachai Polite, Edge (6’2, 242 lbs)- Smaller sized, but absolutely dominates the LOS. He looks bigger than he is on the field and hacks at the ball harder than anyone I have ever seen in college football.

2.12- Marquis Brown, WR (5’10, 168) - Little lightning! This kid reminds me a lot of Tyrek Hill. Obviously would need to hit the weight room a bit as he needs to put on maybe 5-10 pounds in the first year. I see value here as a return man as well.

3.11- David Edwards, OT (6’7, 315lbs) - Big Wisconsin man is never a bad addition to a team that needs depth on the line.

3.16- Taylor Rapp, S (6’0, 207 lbs) - If you are like me and have given up on Josh Jones (at least at safety, I am interested in him moving to ILB) Rapp may be a good replacement.

4.12- Zach Gentry, TE (6’8, 262 lbs) - Looks like Gute and LeFluer want to give Jimmy Graham a second chance. I don’t think this is a bad move, because he did struggle in his first year with Seattle, which was a much more simplified offense than the Packers. And to be frank, he’s not the only Packers player to struggle on the offense this year (note- see entire offense minus Linsley, Bahkti, Aaron Jones and Adams). Gentry is a big dude with awesome blocking ability. I like him, Graham, and Tonyan as I see no reason to resign Kendrick’s or Lewis.

4.16- Daryl Williams OG (6’2- 305 lbs) - Don’t know anything about him, but need a guard here.

4.17- TJ Edwards ILB (6’0, 250 lbs) - reminds me of Jake Ryan, but we wouldn’t have to pay him as much.

5.12- Amani Bledsoe DL (6’5, 287 lbs)

6.12 - Bryce Love RB- Someone else mentioned him here. I actually love this move if he is still around. No risk - high reward player in the late round.

7.12 - Best kicker available. If Love isn’t around in the 6th I would use the 6th on it.

D

Deleted member 6794

Cuts:

Nick Perry- Post 6/1 cut opens up 10.7 million towards the cap (for next year or to go after a solid late camp cut)

Perry is due a $4.8 million roster bonus on the third day of the 2019 league year. That means while the Packers would save another $2.2 million in cap space for this season by releasing him after June 1 the move would in total result in an additional cap hit of $1.9 million compared to having him on the roster this season as the remaining prorated portion of the signing bonus ($7.4 million) would count against the cap in 2019.

Resign:

• Geronimo Allison - Have a feeling the Lions will submit an offer sheet for him. Match it as long as it’s under 5.5 million/year
  • CM3 - 2 year 12 million

There's absolutely no reason the Packers should offer either Allison or Matthews that kind of money.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We also have pick no. 6.20. Maybe for Hundley?

Not sure this draft is what we need. Like polite and rapp picks. Sweat maybe a player. We need an OG earlier.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
This mock just reminds me of what the Packers usually do with continuing to address the defense back to front which had failed miserably. If they want to address the defense with there first round picks they need to do it at DL and DE. D.
White would also be a good pick at 17 as he can add the size and speed to middle of defense.

I like Deebo Samuel of Parris Campbell over Brown because there both physically ready for the NFL now.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I had us signing Scaffold in FA
I think we need 2 guards. Bell is as good as gone, he was really bad. Lane was better, but still bad. Maybe Pankey or McCray on the current roster, but even if they become serviceable, we would still need new backups.

I would look at our 1.30 pick for either Jonah Williams, Ford, or Lindstrom for a plug and play starter.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
you must think very highly of Clay, Perry, and/or Fackrell. To each their own, but I think we can find players in the draft who are better.

Fackrell proved me wrong and can be effective with the right disruption up front. Matthew's probably could too for that matter. My point being until we can disrupt up front it won't matter what edge rusher we really get. Kenny Clark needs a playmate.

I would much rather put another piece in place up front like Simmons(not invited to combine) who you had in your mock or my pick Christian Wilkins. I'd even rather go with an elite ILB like White instead of Sweat or Polite.

Last edited:

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would much rather put another piece in place up front like Simmons(not invited to combine) who you had in your mock or my pick Christioan Wilkins. I'd even rather go with an elite ILB like White instead of Sweat or Polite.
I would also rather go with Simmons or White before Polite and Sweat. Simmons and White are going to be studs. But Polite is a very good player as well and Sweat isn't too far behind him. And both Polite and Sweat are significant upgrades over anything we have at OLB and I would not call them wasted picks.

Just because you like one player more, doesn't mean the other player is garbage.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
I would also rather go with Simmons or White before Polite and Sweat. Simmons and White are going to be studs. But Polite is a very good player as well and Sweat isn't too far behind him. And both Polite and Sweat are significant upgrades over anything we have at OLB and I would not call them wasted picks.

Just because you like one player more, doesn't mean the other player is garbage.

I'm not high on Polite at all and believe he is way overvalued. He is already dropping which I suggested would happen. I don't even have a first round grade on him. He is an undersized situational pass rusher. I have a hard time believing the defense would be any better with him. That's why I call it a wasted pick drafting him in 1st round.

shockerx

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If we stay put at 12 , its going to be D. White or Simmons ...a long shot would be whoever Gute thinks best OL guy is Williams or Risner. I go with D. White.

OP
OP
RepStar15

RepStar15

Reaction score
I wouldn't waste a first round pick on Sweat or Polite.
That’s fair. I really like what they both bring to the team. Polite is a playmaker while Sweat I think could be good against the sweep and in the flat. This would be if we traded back to 19 to get more picks later on. I certainly would not want Sweat or Polite at 12.

OP
OP
RepStar15

RepStar15

Reaction score

I have pack picking at 19 with the trade, of course if White or Simmons is available I would rather them, but I have them off the board early.

D

Deleted member 6794

Fackrell proved me wrong and can be effective with the right disruption up front. My point being until we can disrupt up front it won't matter what edge rusher we really get. Kenny Clark needs a playmate.

While Fackrell had a surprising number of sacks he wasn't able to create pressure on a consistent basis. I don't expect him to come close to posting double digit sacks again in 2019.

As long as you don't have a defense line like the Rams teams need edge rusher to put pressure on opposing quarterbacks.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
While Fackrell had a surprising number of sacks he wasn't able to create pressure on a consistent basis. I don't expect him to come close to posting double digit sacks again in 2019.

As long as you don't have a defense line like the Rams teams need edge rusher to put pressure on opposing quarterbacks.

If they can get guys that can disrupt up the middle Fackrell will be fine.

D

Deleted member 6794

If they can get guys that can disrupt up the middle Fackrell will be fine.

Fackrell had a total of only 23 pressures in 2018, it's unrealistic to expect him to get double digit sacks again if he doesn't significantly improve on that number next season.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
Fackrell had a total of only 23 pressures in 2018, it's unrealistic to expect him to get double digit sacks again if he doesn't significantly improve on that number next season.

I don't love Fackrell but we have too many other holes to fill. I'm fine with getting an edge but until we have a DL that can get pressure it wont mean much then an occasional sack. This roster is just bad.

D

Deleted member 6794

I don't love Fackrell but we have too many other holes to fill. I'm fine with getting an edge but until we have a DL that can get pressure it wont mean much then an occasional sack. This roster is just bad.

The Packers have some talent on their front seven and the unit could be at least above average by re-signing Wilkerson and adding another defensive lineman as well as an impact edge rusher. Fackrell might be a decent backup but definitely shouldn't be a starter.

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I had us signing Scaffold in FA

Saffold is gonna cost around 10 million per year. So 2 years 13 m isn't gonna get it done.

The Packers have some talent on their front seven and the unit could be at least above average by re-signing Wilkerson and adding another defensive lineman as well as an impact edge rusher. Fackrell might be a decent backup but definitely shouldn't be a starter.

I agree the front 7 isn't that far off. But instead of spending 5 million or so to resign Wilkerson, I'd rather draft a defensive linemen high, I'm partial to de Zach Allen think he's gonna be a player. Also while fackrell is quality depth another guy in the front 7 is a liability and that's Blake Martinez. I think the Packers need a real ilb that attacks things and makes plays. Martinez is way too often, just there, making tackles way downfield. Enter Devin White

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree the front 7 isn't that far off. But instead of spending 5 million or so to resign Wilkerson, I'd rather draft a defensive linemen high, I'm partial to de Zach Allen think he's gonna be a player. Also while fackrell is quality depth another guy in the front 7 is a liability and that's Blake Martinez. I think the Packers need a real ilb that attacks things and makes plays. Martinez is way too often, just there, making tackles way downfield. Enter Devin White
I agree with all except we should still resign Wilkerson. It is unrealistic to expect a DL to be effective as a rookie. Clark was okay as a rookie, but really became a great player in year 3. The more fresh legs you can cycle through the DL the better they all play. Wilk may still be an impact player, but may need more time off to remain effective. I believe that is true for Daniel's as well. So it's a great situation to get a young stud DL to come off the bench the first year to toughen the body and buildendurance, but not be relied upon for 90% of snaps,

Reaction score
I agree with all except we should still resign Wilkerson. It is unrealistic to expect a DL to be effective as a rookie. Clark was okay as a rookie, but really became a great player in year 3. The more fresh legs you can cycle through the DL the better they all play.
I think Wilkerson could still be a bargain and if he’s close to the 5M range yeah I agree, that’s almost must sign move (unless he doesn’t test healthy)
Wilkins, Simmons, Ferrell, Zach Allen, there are a # of formidable Defenders that are considered disruptive and instinctive. Several will likely be there at the #12- #22 range but long gone by #30.
There’s a small voice that keeps coming back to me saying if we control the trenches and pinch the pocket we will force more off timing throws to our secondary. Our DBs group may not be the best in league, but yet we are also well equipped to make someone pay for an errant throw.
I still can’t help but think we can find a way to trade back a few spots from #12 and then use that capital to trade up our #30 back into the # 17-20 range.

We could very well have a guy like Simmons or Wilkins paired with a one Devin White. Thats one scenario where I’d be content with being patient and going after O with our 2nd and 3rd day picks

RicFlairoftheNFL

Cheesehead
Reaction score
you must think very highly of Clay, Perry, and/or Fackrell. To each their own, but I think we can find players in the draft who are better.

I like Fackrell now that I've seen talent and ability. Matthews is on the wrong side of his career and Perry is too injury prone.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
Doubling up on edge prospects would be way outside the norm for what defenses have done with Mike Pettine as DC. If you look back over his history, teams that hired him to run the defense have prioritized corner, iDL, and linebacker. That doesn't set anything in stone, but it's worth considering.

Members online

Latest posts