Mike Woods - Packer Fan? You choose!

CaliforniaCheez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He agrees with Brett but questions wether it should have been said.

Often people need to be confronted with the truth to deal with it.
Brett is getting other players in line to say "We can win without him"

Like moving on after injury Brett has them thinking ahead. They need to and Brett knows it.

Guys who holdout show up eventually to have the year count under CBA.
Even MM said he was never returning came back. How guys deal with may be how Brett reacts.

Essentially Brett has said he will not deal with anything but the guys in camp. He is telling the team not to be distracted.

The writer is stimulating the reader to think. He is not a propagandist.
I may disagree with him but Woods is doing his job. Helping to sell papers.

OP
OP
I

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My take is he purposely left out (omitted) the plain fact the Walker approached the Media first - therefore leaving the door wide open for Brett, or anyone else for that matter, to walk right in the "use the Media" as well.

The Reporter shouldn't be censoring facts to assist a half-hearted premise ....just to sell Newspapers.

As long as he remembers to count "all the facts"... then fine, but here he forgets himself - and allows Walker a free pass! It's favoritism!

He "should" have berated Walker first, Not Favre - then I would follow your premise... otherwise..... uh-huh -- not gonna fly! After Walker spoke out thru the Media - ALL of the Players would then be allowed to comment - but you won't see it happening...

Brett, alone, as the Leader of the Team, is being given some grace period here by the Packers to step up... and after a time - even that will fade... back to square one - keepin' it in-house!

Rosenhaus just screwed up big time... and some Reporters may be aiding & abetting him in this pursuit! Why? To get the skinny before everyone else(?) - Isn't that what CNN did in Iraq for almost ten years? Sure it is... only this is just Sports - either way - it's the same tactic.

sixone220

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i'm not even gonna bother reading what this guy thinks. brett has every right to let it be known what he thinks on a matter of his team. like you said, IBP, just filling a column.

slackerbacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Agreed, I like the fact Brett has stepped up and has taken a vocal leadership role. Likewise, I think Brett is saying, JW we need you and I want you here to help us win, but your going about it the wrong way....you'll be taken care of when the team takes care of business." I think he's trying to send JW a little message. Hopefully, it will get through to him!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts