McCarthys 3 components for building a championship

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He mentioned this during his address today(which I am just getting a chance to watch)

1. Obtaining Packer People

"The right kind of people" he said.

2. Stable Structure

leadership that keeps its eye on the prize, at all times

3. Character,Chemistry, and constant Concentration

-------------

So I guess we wont be getting more Cledius Hunt and Joey Thomas types. :(

He also values leaders on the field. And Brett hasnt been much of a vocal years in his 10+ years in the league. He has done his talking mostly on the field, and that was probably a reason last year went so bad. Injuries came, loses came, and nobody could stand up and get the guys motivated and focused. So hopefully some people step up and do this! ROAR!

Philtration

Cheesehead
Reaction score
All you need now is some rambling mission statement and you are all set for NFL dominance. :roll:

OP
OP
tromadz

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
its better than shermans

1. Find a way to lose, then make an awkward facial expression as if you are figuring out a math equation.

edit - ps - it didnt take phil long to come and rain on our parade.

WinnipegPackFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz said:
He also values leaders on the field. And Brett hasnt been much of a vocal years in his 10+ years in the league. He has done his talking mostly on the field, and that was probably a reason last year went so bad.

trom, either you are fishing for negative feedback with continual little jabs at Brett like this one or you really do have a dislike for the man because these "take a jab at Brett lines of yours" seem to come up quite a bit on this forum. I don't think I buy your "mutated babies line anymore".

Brett has not been that vocal ??? Well acleast that is a little less obvious then your "Brett the Almighty" quotes.

Stop fishing so I can stop biting trom, please.

Philtration

Cheesehead
Reaction score
vixtalkn said:
How so, Phil?

By picking this guy as the head coach. Was there a single team in the NFL that wanted him for their top position? Does he have any track record to make you feel that he was the best man for the job? They fired a man who went to the playoffs 4 of the 6 years that he was in charge for this?
Don't get me wrong, as a Bears fan I am happy with the Packers choice.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Philtration said:
vixtalkn said:
How so, Phil?

By picking this guy as the head coach. Was there a single team in the NFL that wanted him for their top position? Does he have any track record to make you feel that he was the best man for the job? They fired a man who went to the playoffs 4 of the 6 years that he was in charge for this?

Bad teams hire people for what they've done, good teams hire people for what they will do.

Sherman wasn't getting us anywhere except killed by our division rivals.

First playoff loss at lambeau stings the most.
4th and 26 (he overruled donatells all out blitz and chose prevent)
etc etc etc

A new face in our place gets us back to first place.

Philtration

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Zero2Cool said:
Philtration said:
vixtalkn said:
How so, Phil?

Bad teams hire people for what they've done, good teams hire people for what they will do.

A new face in our place gets us back to first place.

That sounds like a way of saying that he has no real past accomplishments to speak of so you are "hoping" that he will do something in his future. The best is not always yet to come you know.

A new face does not get you back to first place. Sherman was a new face too right? Rhodes was a new face. Dave Wannstedt was a new face in Chicago. Marty Mornhinweg was a new face in Detroit. Mike Tice was a new face in Minnesota.

OP
OP
tromadz

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
WinnipegPackFan said:
tromadz said:
He also values leaders on the field. And Brett hasnt been much of a vocal years in his 10+ years in the league. He has done his talking mostly on the field, and that was probably a reason last year went so bad.

trom, either you are fishing for negative feedback with continual little jabs at Brett like this one or you really do have a dislike for the man because these "take a jab at Brett lines of yours" seem to come up quite a bit on this forum. I don't think I buy your "mutated babies line anymore".

Brett has not been that vocal ??? Well acleast that is a little less obvious then your "Brett the Almighty" quotes.

get the **** outta here. any packers fan worth his weight knows favre has never been a vocal leader (excpet KINDA this year with javon). Dont accuse me of favre hating cuz its easy, gimme a break

HatestheEagles084

Cheesehead
Reaction score
see, it all could be hot air coming from mccarthy at this point...but this is exactly what, IMO, sherman never really focused on--character, chemistry, etc...i look forward to this season

WinnipegPackFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz said:
WinnipegPackFan said:
tromadz said:

get the **** outta here. any packers fan worth his weight knows favre has never been a vocal leader (excpet KINDA this year with javon). Dont accuse me of favre hating cuz its easy, gimme a break

Yeah, I guess when he got in Antonio Chatman's face just before throwing him a TD pass in the Seachicken game wasn't vocal enough for you ?

HatestheEagles084

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz said:

there's vocal leadership and then there's leadership by example...this includes getting sat on thru the years by Warren Sapp, Robert Porcher, Chris Hovan, etc...and popping right back up...Favre's always getting in the other teams faces, as well as his own recievers and linemen for not making plays

as for the rest of the time--we're not in the locker room, so we don't know who steps up and speaks before big games, if anyone

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Have you guys ever interviewed anybody? I interview guys all the time. Catch phrases don't mean ****. They are usually included to hide some other weakness The man has a "mission statement". BFD....let's see if he can coach. There is no evidence that he can, but let's give him a shot. He's our coach.

HatestheEagles084

Cheesehead
Reaction score
DePack said:
There is no evidence that he can, but let's give him a shot. He's our coach.

I have my doubts, as any fan should when their team, in any sport, is guided by a first time coach, manager, etc.

But just remember, all the great ones, Bill Bellichek, Bill Walsh, Tony Dungy, Bill Cowher, Bill Parcells...man what is it with the Bill's...Mike Holmgren, etc...were all first time head coaches at one point

Raider Pride

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Phil,

As a Bears fan you should not be hanging around this forum right now dishing the 14th Head Coach of this storied franchise. You need to be beside the bed on your knees praying to the Father, Son, and Holy Ghost that the Panthers first team does not show up tomorrow.

There are two Panthers teams... They are a team with a split personality. I do not know which one will show up, but if the first team shows up your season is over tomorrow.

My guess is the first team will show up, and your done in 36 hours.

R.O.C.

fvre4mvp

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Berman and Jackson called the Panthers the perfect character team. Look at what they did to the Giants from Uminyoras' little comment guess the Bears forgot about that angle.