McCarthys 3 components for building a championship

Philtration

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Raider Pride said:
Phil,

As a Bears fan you should not be hanging around this forum right now dishing the 14th Head Coach of this storied franchise. You need to be beside the bed on your knees praying to the Father, Son, and Holy Ghost that the Panthers first team does not show up tomorrow.

There are two Panthers teams... They are a team with a split personality. I do not know which one will show up, but if the first team shows up your season is over tomorrow.

My guess is the first team will show up, and your done in 36 hours.

R.O.C.
Oh my god! Run for your lives! The NFL Juggernaut Carolina Panthers are coming to town! The team with 2 whole winning seasons in their team’s history! Hell, why even play the game right?
That's right, coming to town. Playing in Chicago where the Bears are 7-1, have given up 61 total points and sacked Jake Delhomme 8 times this season.
I believe I have already heard how the Bears would be exposed when they played Carolina once this season.
By the way, as a Raider fan shouldn’t you be concerned with who will try to lead them out of the basement and who they will draft with their high pick?

arrowgargantuan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Philtration said:
That's right, coming to town. Playing in Chicago where the Bears are 7-1, have given up 61 total points

7 impressive home wins! against teams with a combined record of 47-75 :( ...

i forgot you already beat the Panthers this year. i don't like that.

Philtration

Cheesehead
Reaction score
arrowgargantuan said:
Philtration said:
That's right, coming to town. Playing in Chicago where the Bears are 7-1, have given up 61 total points

7 impressive home wins! against teams with a combined record of 47-75 :( ...

i forgot you already beat the Panthers this year. i don't like that.

Still a tougher schedule than Carolina and Seattle.

OP
OP
tromadz

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
JavonWalker084 said:
tromadz said:
get the **** outta here. any packers fan worth his weight knows favre has never been a vocal leader (excpet KINDA this year with javon). Dont accuse me of favre hating cuz its easy, gimme a break

there's vocal leadership and then there's leadership by example...this includes getting sat on thru the years by Warren Sapp, Robert Porcher, Chris Hovan, etc...and popping right back up...Favre's always getting in the other teams faces, as well as his own recievers and linemen for not making plays

as for the rest of the time--we're not in the locker room, so we don't know who steps up and speaks before big games, if anyone

1 year out of 13 :roll:

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Philtration said:
Raider Pride said:
Phil,

As a Bears fan you should not be hanging around this forum right now dishing the 14th Head Coach of this storied franchise. You need to be beside the bed on your knees praying to the Father, Son, and Holy Ghost that the Panthers first team does not show up tomorrow.

There are two Panthers teams... They are a team with a split personality. I do not know which one will show up, but if the first team shows up your season is over tomorrow.

R.O.C.
Oh my god! Run for your lives! The NFL Juggernaut Carolina Panthers are coming to town! The team with 2 whole winning seasons in their team’s history! Hell, why even play the game right?
That's right, coming to town. Playing in Chicago where the Bears are 7-1, have given up 61 total points and sacked Jake Delhomme 8 times this season.
I believe I have already heard how the Bears would be exposed when they played Carolina once this season.
By the way, as a Raider fan shouldn’t you be concerned with who will try to lead them out of the basement and who they will draft with their high pick?

Chicago
Sep 18 Detroit Won 38-6
Oct 16 Minnesota Won 28-3
Oct 23 Baltimore Won 10-6
Oct 30 @Detroit Won 19-13
Nov 6 @New Orleans (Baton Rouge, LA) Won 20-17
Nov 13 San Francisco Won 17-9
Nov 20 Carolina Won 13-3
Nov 27 @Tampa Bay Won 13-10
Dec 4 Green Bay Won 19-7
Dec 18 Atlanta Won 16-3
Dec 25 @Green Bay Won 24-17
Beat Tampa and Carolina not too much else though. Guess Atlanta but even the Packers beat them.

Carolina
Sep 18 New England Won 27-17
Oct 3 Green Bay Won 32-29
Oct 9 @Arizona Won 24-20
Oct 16 @Detroit Won 21-20
Oct 30 Minnesota Won 38-13
Nov 6 @Tampa Bay Won 34-14
Nov 13 N.Y. Jets Won 30-3
Nov 27 @Buffalo Won 13-9
Dec 4 Atlanta Won 24-6
Dec 18 @New Orleans (Baton Rouge, LA) Won 27-10
Jan 1 @Atlanta Won 44-11
Jan 8 @N.Y. Giants Won 23-0
Beat New England, Tampa, New York Giants, not much else.

Chicago (Subject to playoffs) 11 5 0 .688 .457 <-- Strength of Schedule
Carolina (Subject to playoffs) 11 5 0 .688 .449 <-- Strength of Schedule

OP
OP
tromadz

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
lookin at the schedule, woody paige? -1 point

seriously though, that is a good point. bears (barely) beat a lot of ****** teams(and before phil can say something he thinks is witty) including the packers.

Philtration

Cheesehead
Reaction score
And whom did Seattle beat?

Atlanta
Arizona
St. Louis
Texas
Dallas
Arizona again
St. Louis again
San Francisco
New York
Tennessee
Indianapolis
Green Bay

I see two playoff teams (the Colts who rested most of their starters and the Giants who gave them a win), a couple of middle of the road opponents and some stiffs.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Dallas was pretty good. Which NY team? Indie did an 'ok' job this year lol. Rams were .. so so on an off. Atlanta well the Packers beat'em.

Raider Pride

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Philtration said:
Raider Pride said:
Phil,

R.O.C.

8 and 1/2 hours left in your season Phil.

smlutz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Philtration said:
All you need now is some rambling mission statement and you are all set for NFL dominance. :roll:

We have one of those!!!

Upon accepting the Green Bay Packers' head coaching position, Mike McCarthy issued the following mission statement:

THE FOUNDATION FOR THE NEW DIRECTION OF THE GREEN BAY PACKERS WILL BE CONSTRUCTED WITH THREE KEY COMPONENTS OF OBTAINING "PACKER PEOPLE," CREATING "STABLE STRUCTURE" AND CONCENTRATING ON "CHARACTER AND CHEMISTRY."

A POSITIVE ENVIRONMENT WILL BE CREATED WITH "LEADERSHIP" THAT KEEPS ITS EYE ON THE TARGET OF ESTABLISHING A CHAMPIONSHIP FOOTBALL TEAM.

THE DIRECTION WILL BE FUELED WITH CONSTANT COMMUNICATION TO ENSURE EVERYONE IS ON BOARD. WE WILL ATTACK THE VOYAGE WITH ENERGY AND ENTHUSIASM TO OVERCOME THE OBSTACLES THAT WE WILL ENCOUNTER.

THIS VISION IS ENHANCED WITH RESOURCES AND TRADITION THAT STANDS IN THE FOREFRONT OF PROFESSIONAL SPORTS ORGANIZATIONS.

I AM HONORED AND PRIVILEGED FOR THE OPPORTUNITY TO LEAD THE GREEN BAY PACKERS ON A NEW JOURNEY BACK TO THE PINNACLE THAT BEARS THE NAME OF "COACH LOMBARDI."

Members online

Latest posts