Matt LaFleur era -- merged multiple threads

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
LaFleur is just one win away from matching George Seifert for the most wins by a head coach in his first three seasons in NFL history. Seifert won 38 games in his first three seasons with the San Francisco 49ers from 1989 to 1991, winning two Super Bowls and recording two 14-win regular seasons.

Assuming that the Packers deal with the depleted Vikings and the Lions, LaFleur will finish his third season with 40 wins, comfortably holding the record for most wins through three seasons. That's an 82% win rate, which is just insane.

LaFleur is finally getting a little bit of love in the media for this accomplishment. His earlier success was largely ignored because of the presences of Rodgers. That's absurd seeing as how:

1) Rodgers wasn't special during LaFleur's first season as HC.

2) The absolute best three year run of Rodgers' career (either 2009-11, or 2010-12) saw a 76% win rate.

3) The three seasons Rodgers played prior to LaFleur's arrival (excluding injury plagued 2017) featured a win rate of 54%.

So the switch from McCarthy to LaFleur has equated to a jump of nearly 30 points.

I don't get the sense that most Packer fans realized they're watching the most successful coach in NFL history.

D

Deleted member 6794

It's pretty amazing even when taking a look at Rodgers' entire career. He had a record of 100-57-1 (.636) with McCarthy as head coach while being 38-8 (.826) since MLF took over.

And half the losses were due to an injured Rodgers

That's not true as only one of the nine losses over the past three seasons happened with Rodgers not playing.

G0P4ckG0

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's pretty amazing even when taking a look at Rodgers' entire career. He had a record of 100-57-1 (.636) with McCarthy as head coach while being 38-8 (.826) since MLF took over.

That's not true as only one of the nine losses over the past three seasons happened with Rodgers not playing.
Then I must have been thinking about the final couple seasons with McCarthy. The Hundley era, among others and whatnot

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I keep hearing folks claim his success is solely due to Rodgers…ignorance. Rodgers has succeeded more with him, cannot say either is the sole reason. We are witnessing excellence in both

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Also if it hasn't been mentioned, the Packers will be the first team in NFL history with three consecutive 13 win seasons.

Reaction score

Assuming that the Packers deal with the depleted Vikings and the Lions, LaFleur will finish his third season with 40 wins, comfortably holding the record for most wins through three seasons. That's an 82% win rate, which is just insane.

LaFleur is finally getting a little bit of love in the media for this accomplishment. His earlier success was largely ignored because of the presences of Rodgers. That's absurd seeing as how:

1) Rodgers wasn't special during LaFleur's first season as HC.

2) The absolute best three year run of Rodgers' career (either 2009-11, or 2010-12) saw a 76% win rate.

3) The three seasons Rodgers played prior to LaFleur's arrival (excluding injury plagued 2017) featured a win rate of 54%.

So the switch from McCarthy to LaFleur has equated to a jump of nearly 30 points.

I don't get the sense that most Packer fans realized they're watching the most successful coach in NFL history.
He takes too many timeouts. :whistling:

That’s all I have to offer. I’ll leave now. I’ll see myself out :tup:

pacmaniac

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Also if it hasn't been mentioned, the Packers will be the first team in NFL history with three consecutive 13 win seasons.
That's nice, but it's time to have a postseason that lives up to the regular season.

Last edited:

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Who gets the credit for hiring LaFleur?

I ask for the jackals who seem to relentlessly harpoon Gute and Murphy. One or both of them deserve some credit for the LaFleur hire.

Reaction score

I ask for the jackals who seem to relentlessly harpoon Gute and Murphy. One or both of them deserve some credit for the LaFleur hire.
I’m going to go with Mike. Mike McCarthy gets the credit.

At least Aaron isn’t throwing the ball at Matt on the sidelines like he used to with Mike a couple years ago.
Yea. It’s definitely Mike.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I'm pretty sure I mentioned his name to Mark Murphy first.

Members online

Latest posts