Mason Crosby Lovers

OP
OP
Wood Chipper

Wood Chipper

Fantasy Football Guru
Reaction score
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zrxTjgFYoU8&feature=related]YouTube - Tom Dempsey NFL record 63 yard kick[/ame]
this is the record. tied with jason elam.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Kid's got a leg, just wish he was more consistent
I've been a fan since he was at Colorado and thought it was a steal of a draft pick. Then he opened his career in 2007 with a week-one, game-winning long FG to beat Philadelphia.

But since then, he's failed in his final-play big kicks almost every time.

And while he does possess the leg strength to hit em from 60, why are his kickoffs always shorter than the opposing kickers are?

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Kick coverage is horrible. I don't know whether that's Crosby's fault, or the scheme but it needs to be fixed, as MM would say.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Kid's got a leg, just wish he was more consistent

I've been a fan since he was at Colorado and thought it was a steal of a draft pick. Then he opened his career in 2007 with a week-one, game-winning long FG to beat Philadelphia.

But since then, he's failed in his final-play big kicks almost every time.

And while he does possess the leg strength to hit em from 60, why are his kickoffs always shorter than the opposing kickers are?
Which is it?
Let us down more or come though more?

The Drew

The Drew Cave
Reaction score
Funny story: So yesterday me and my boy lifted and after a post workout meal (Chicken) we decided to throw the football around... that led into punting... that then led to field goal kicking... On a couple of makes from 35 yards out, we backed up to 40 yards...Since I am half hispanic, I thought kicking the hell out of a ball was in my blood... yeah, not so much... I went to kick the ball and heard a loud pop in my quad area... I stumbled to the ground and checked my quad as I though I had just cramped up (didnt stretch)... the pain was far more intense than a cramp... i could not feel my leg and I couldnt stand up... the pain then shot up to my hip then traveled over to my groin area... I had to be carried to the car by my friend and my wife took me to the ER. The doc said I ruptured my ****** femoris muscle and would need to follow up with an MRI to see if I might need surgery... I am on pain meds to include vicodin... it feels like a donkey kicked me right in my quad... The lesson here is, NO ONE CAN KICK LIKE MASON CROSBY... NOT EVEN YOU!!! :( I will never kick a football again in my life!!!

SoCalPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Funny story: So yesterday me and my boy lifted and after a post workout meal (Chicken) we decided to throw the football around... that led into punting... that then lead to field goal kicking... On a couple of makes from 35 yards out, we backed up to 40 yards...Since I am half hispanic, I though kicking the hell out of a ball was in my blood... yeah, not so much... I went to kick and heard a loud pop in my quad area... I stumbled to the ground and checked my quad as I though I got a cramp (didnt stretch)... the pain was far more intense than a cramp... i could not feel my leg and I couldnt stand up... the pain then shot up to my hip then traveled over to my groin area... I had to be carried to the car by my friend and my wife took me to the ER. The doc said I ruptured my ****** femoris muscle and would need to follow up with an MRI to see if I might need surgery... I am on pain meds to include vicodin... it feels like a donkey kicked me right in my quad... The lesson here is, NO ONE CAN KICK LIKE MASON CROSBY... NOT EVEN YOU!!! :(
Ouch :( that sucks. Hopefully you heal up fast

fettpett

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Funny story: So yesterday me and my boy lifted and after a post workout meal (Chicken) we decided to throw the football around... that led into punting... that then lead to field goal kicking... On a couple of makes from 35 yards out, we backed up to 40 yards...Since I am half hispanic, I though kicking the hell out of a ball was in my blood... yeah, not so much... I went to kick and heard a loud pop in my quad area... I stumbled to the ground and checked my quad as I though I got a cramp (didnt stretch)... the pain was far more intense than a cramp... i could not feel my leg and I couldnt stand up... the pain then shot up to my hip then traveled over to my groin area... I had to be carried to the car by my friend and my wife took me to the ER. The doc said I ruptured my ****** femoris muscle and would need to follow up with an MRI to see if I might need surgery... I am on pain meds to include vicodin... it feels like a donkey kicked me right in my quad... The lesson here is, NO ONE CAN KICK LIKE MASON CROSBY... NOT EVEN YOU!!! :(

ouch dude, good luck, hope you don't need surgery...guess you're more Hispanic kicker than you thought, just look at the Gramatica bros :D

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Funny story: So yesterday me and my boy lifted and after a post workout meal (Chicken) we decided to throw the football around... that led into punting... that then led to field goal kicking... On a couple of makes from 35 yards out, we backed up to 40 yards...Since I am half hispanic, I thought kicking the hell out of a ball was in my blood... yeah, not so much... I went to kick the ball and heard a loud pop in my quad area... I stumbled to the ground and checked my quad as I though I had just cramped up (didnt stretch)... the pain was far more intense than a cramp... i could not feel my leg and I couldnt stand up... the pain then shot up to my hip then traveled over to my groin area... I had to be carried to the car by my friend and my wife took me to the ER. The doc said I ruptured my ****** femoris muscle and would need to follow up with an MRI to see if I might need surgery... I am on pain meds to include vicodin... it feels like a donkey kicked me right in my quad... The lesson here is, NO ONE CAN KICK LIKE MASON CROSBY... NOT EVEN YOU!!! :( I will never kick a football again in my life!!!

HAHAHA please tell me this was captured on film and uploaded to youtube

Members online

Latest posts