Mark Murphy leaves NFL Competition Committee

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
After 9 years - he, Payton and Elway left the NFL Competition Committee which was, seemingly, a fairly prestigious appointment. What do you make of this? Local G.B. news hasn't hit on it yet and it's kind of curious. I hate using Florio's cesspool as a source, but here goes:

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thank goodness. Hopefully this means 2021 is the last we see of this incompetent imbecile
I think you are missing the point. Whether you like him or not he had a voice in the NFL rules making body… now he doesn’t … that certainly isn’t good for the Packers. Whatever happened behind closed doors probably isn’t either.

G0P4ckG0

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think you are missing the point. Whether you like him or not he had a voice in the NFL rules making body… now he doesn’t … that certainly isn’t good for the Packers. Whatever happened behind closed doors probably isn’t either.
Whether I like him or not isn't the point. There is a reason why he was blacklisted by every team aside from the Packers prior to his hiring

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Whether I like him or not isn't the point. There is a reason why he was blacklisted by every team aside from the Packers prior to his hiring
Again you are missing the point …. this isn’t about Murphy. I happen to think Peyton is a POS but this still concerns me.

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Whatever… I don’t have the energy for this kind of argument today.
Ok.. let me try again. This isn’t about Murphy, Elway, or Peyton specifically. What’s important is …. What happened inside the competition committee that caused them to either be asked to resign or made them angry enough to want to. Furthermore… this in no way suggests that Murphy would be leaving the Packers.

Reaction score
This is the first I've ever heard he was blacklisted. Where did you hear this?
He’s a Union man. Murphy was instrumental in causing the NFL strike year. It’s interesting that when Murphy thinks he’s being treated unfairly, he’ll cause a commotion and shut the entire league down. When Rodgers thinks he’s treated unfairly (agree or disagree it doesn’t matter) if he holds out he’s a “Strange Fella”. Takes one to know one Mark! ;)

Reaction score
When Rodgers thinks he’s treated unfairly (agree or disagree it doesn’t matter) if he holds out he’s a “Strange Fella”. Takes one to know one Mark! ;)
Mark Murphy didn't say personally Rodgers was a "Strange Fella".
If you remember he was quoting Ted Thomson that originally said that.

Reaction score
Murphy still used “complicated fella” reference as a slight directly when speaking of Aaron Rodgers. It does not matter if Napoleon used it first. You’re right though, it was glaringly apparent he didn’t coin that, he couldn’t even spit it out clearly without half choking on himself. I hope he doesn’t continue to write his own speeches, we’ll all pass out in our dinner plate. Mark Murphy is amateurish on the mic, in his poor effort to humble Rodgers, he went goofball. The guy would not be where he is Today without Rodgers, Favre, Ron Wolf, TT and now MLF
Murphy shouldn’t do anything except for thank his lucky stars. Literally.

Last edited:

KiDcUdI

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My only problem with Murphy was keeping TT as GM when it was clear he had mentally declined. It’s something that basically none of the beat writers wanted to talk about until after he was fired but it was widely known amongst those close to the situation that TT wasn’t mentally fit for the position.

I had even heard they wouldn’t tell him information after a certain time of the day because he didn’t retain information well at night.

D

Deleted member 6794

I have said it one several occasions but Packers fans need to realize that Murphy has done an excellent job creating local revenue for the Packers resulting in them being in a sound situation financially.

He shouldn't be involved in football decisions at all though.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't think it was a slight, it was just the truth. It wasn't a "get me this guy or I quit" or "about the money" as 90% of the fans and 100% of the media used to portray it. Rodgers felt slighted by the FO when they ignored him. The rift was much different than most simpletons could comprehend LOL. He IS a complicated fella and i'm sure he's quite happy being one.

Reaction score
My only problem with Murphy was keeping TT as GM when it was clear he had mentally declined. It’s something that basically none of the beat writers wanted to talk about until after he was fired but it was widely known amongst those close to the situation that TT wasn’t mentally fit for the position.

I had even heard they wouldn’t tell him information after a certain time of the day because he didn’t retain information well at night.
I agree.
There's so much bullshlt that goes on behind close doors.

Remember when coach Mike Sherman was on the hot seat and the Packers immediately extended
his contract by millions a couple months before they released him?
Their probably still paying for that.

ARPackFan

Knock it off with them negative waves
Reaction score

Murphy's failure to recognize that TT was physically/mentally declining was an egregious failure on his part to perfom his primary function as Packers president. That function is to ensure the well-being and health of the organization inclusive of the people making decisions. An enagaged president should have noticed a decline before the infamous 1000 yard stare of TT on national TV. If he was not aware of TT's situation then what else was he not aware of?

https://totalpackers.com/2018/01/board-reportedly-forced-ted-thompson/

I have said it one several occasions but Packers fans need to realize that Murphy has done an excellent job creating local revenue for the Packers resulting in them being in a sound situation financially.

He should be moved to a postion where he can't make those decisions and someone else brought in that is more focused on the football side.

realitybytez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
yeah, thank goodness for that sled hill.

this goes without saying. his position never called for that until he unilaterally changed the packers reporting structure.

He should be moved to a postion where he can't make those decisions and someone else brought in that is more focused on the football side.
well, that's supposed to be the general manager's job description. but i sure wouldn't want gute to be that guy.

D

Deleted member 6794

well, that's supposed to be the general manager's job description. but i sure wouldn't want gute to be that guy.

Do I understand this correctly that you don't want Gutekunst to be in charge of football decisions?

Members online

Latest posts