Mark Ingram (RB, Alabama)

DCEBB2011

Cheesehead
Reaction score
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FKhTrxk4Nss"]YouTube - Mark Ingram(#22)- Official 2009 Heisman Highlights[/ame]

[FONT=Verdana,Geneva,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][SIZE=-2][FONT=Verdana,Geneva,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][SIZE=-2][FONT=Verdana,Geneva,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][SIZE=-2][FONT=Verdana,Geneva,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][SIZE=-2]Alabama running back Mark Ingram (Flint) is leaving for the NFL, according to an Oklahoma prep star being wooed by the Crimson Tide. Barry Sanders Jr. told okblitz.com that Ingram will pass on his senior year with the Tide. Alabama coach Nick Saban said so, Sanders said. Saban visited Sanders, son of the Pro Football Hall of Famer, today at Sanders’ school. Sanders is a junior running back at Heritage Hall in Oklahoma City. “He told me Ingram’s leaving,” Sanders told okblitz.com. “He’s making it public probably Friday.” Alabama spokesman Josh Maxson said this evening that he is unaware if Ingram has made a decision and that Ingram will announce it when he’s ready. Ingram, after winning the Heisman Trophy as a sophomore, had a disappointing junior season. Ingram missed the first two games of the year with a knee injury and ran for 875 yards and 13 touchdowns. He had almost 1,700 yards and 17 TDs as a sophomore. Ingram’s 42 career rushing touchdowns is the most in Alabama history. He set the record with two in the Capital One Bowl against Michigan State. - The Detroit Free Press

Ingram is our #1 junior RB and #1 RB overall, regardless of class. He is a bruising back who has shown the ability to bounce off defenders after finding holes, accelerating through them, and cutting past arm tackles at Alabama. His 5-10, 215lb frame allows him to carry his pad level effectively while churning his legs forward on almost any given play. He has flashed break away speed with an estimated 4.48e 40 time. Look for him to go anywhere in the first round at this point.
[/SIZE][/FONT]
[/SIZE][/FONT]
[/SIZE][/FONT]
[/SIZE][/FONT]

NYPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
[FONT=Verdana,Geneva,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][SIZE=-2][FONT=Verdana,Geneva,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][SIZE=-2][FONT=Verdana,Geneva,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][SIZE=-2][FONT=Verdana,Geneva,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][SIZE=-2]Alabama running back Mark Ingram (Flint) is leaving for the NFL, according to an Oklahoma prep star being wooed by the Crimson Tide. Barry Sanders Jr. told okblitz.com that Ingram will pass on his senior year with the Tide. Alabama coach Nick Saban said so, Sanders said. Saban visited Sanders, son of the Pro Football Hall of Famer, today at Sanders’ school. Sanders is a junior running back at Heritage Hall in Oklahoma City. “He told me Ingram’s leaving,” Sanders told okblitz.com. “He’s making it public probably Friday.” Alabama spokesman Josh Maxson said this evening that he is unaware if Ingram has made a decision and that Ingram will announce it when he’s ready. Ingram, after winning the Heisman Trophy as a sophomore, had a disappointing junior season. Ingram missed the first two games of the year with a knee injury and ran for 875 yards and 13 touchdowns. He had almost 1,700 yards and 17 TDs as a sophomore. Ingram’s 42 career rushing touchdowns is the most in Alabama history. He set the record with two in the Capital One Bowl against Michigan State. - The Detroit Free Press

Ingram is our #1 junior RB and #1 RB overall, regardless of class. He is a bruising back who has shown the ability to bounce off defenders after finding holes, accelerating through them, and cutting past arm tackles at Alabama. His 5-10, 215lb frame allows him to carry his pad level effectively while churning his legs forward on almost any given play. He has flashed break away speed with an estimated 4.48e 40 time. Look for him to go anywhere in the first round at this point.
[/SIZE][/FONT]
[/SIZE][/FONT]
[/SIZE][/FONT]
[/SIZE][/FONT]

What I love about the kid is that he has great vision. If he finds a crease, even the slightest one he'll run towards it. With the condition of our o line not being able to create many running lanes, Ingram would be a very solid prospect.

OldSchoolFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Would we have a shot at him late in the draft? would he be a top 10, top 20 or top 25 pick?

OP
OP
D

DCEBB2011

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Would we have a shot at him late in the draft? would he be a top 10, top 20 or top 25 pick?

Well the draft is always a crap-shoot. Most guys who do draft work prefer to stick by 2 modes of analysis. The first is to just give draft round grades to prospects. That way if you give a guy with a 1st round grade and he goes in the second round, you can credit a team with making a good pick. The same applies for guys who go early ie: poor value. The second way is to simply predict what prospect you expect to go in each round. You don't pick the team they go to, but rather the round they get picked in.

Using either, I would say that Ingram is a first round talent and deserves to be chosen in that round. If he falls to us, he is good value for the pick after 20.

Incubes12

Bay Harbor Butcher?
Reaction score
I just don't see Ted picking a RB in the first round. MAYBE if he's the BPA, but I just don't see it.

olwig420

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If grant is even the slightest bit close to full recovery by the draft, which I expect him to be, I don't see Ted even looking at a RB in the draft at all. He just does not seem to be that type of guy.

olwig420

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If grant is even the slightest bit close to full recovery by the draft, which I expect him to be, I don't see Ted even looking at a RB in the draft at all. He just does not seem to be that type of guy.

But then again Ted did draft Quarless.

Members online

Latest posts