Looks Like Big Mike was the Problem

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
win one on the road and we'll see.
Yup. 5-1-1 at home this year, 0-6 on the road. The game yesterday didn't say much to me, other than the team hasn't quit, the Falcons are as bad as their record and the Packers still have a lot of work to do to become a Championship caliber team. Now a win in Chicago on Sunday, might get my attention, but I don't expect it after what I saw last night out of the Bears defense. Packers are going to have to win the turnover battle by at least +2 to have a chance in that game.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Goff was chucking up balls just waiting to be picked and Rodgers rarely does. Though he has, so it's not out of the question. IF, GB can get some pressure on the Bears QB, he'll be good for throwing up 3,4 balls that can be taken away. Having Cobb back for this game will be big, as he's an outlet for Rodgers and he appears to be healthy again. It's not out of the question we're +2 in turnovers, though our DB's will have to start hanging on to balls. Though the Safeties better be ready for overthrows more likely.

D

Deleted member 6794

defense: deferred and immediately went down 7 as usual, weathered the bad calls, and played a pretty damn good game. need to stop deferring...it's ridiculous.

McCarthy? win one on the road and we'll see.

We've already established around the forum that deferring isn't an issue. You realize that McCarthy has been fired, don't you???

CS1

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If only the Packers could play Atlanta every week. Those guys shot themselves in the foot all day with penalties.

I have to agree. Matt Ryan is good(not as good as AR)...but the 2018 Falcons are not the 2016 Falcons. They have one impressive win all year.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
No clue, but they are currently a 4-9 team, in 2016 they went 11-5 with a trip to the Super Bowl. So either Atlanta isn't the same team they once were or a lot of other teams have just gotten much better, I would opt for the first scenario after seeing them yesterday.
Same guys, different results. The line between winning and losing is often very fine. It’s how 3-9 teams beat 8-4 teams every year. The overall talent differential among the 32 teams isn’t as great as people would lead you to believe.

gbgary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Same guys, different results. The line between winning and losing is often very fine. It’s how 3-9 teams beat 8-4 teams every year. The overall talent differential among the 32 teams isn’t as great as people would lead you to believe.
yup. discounting all the other ridiculous factors derailing the Packers this year, they'd have 4 more possible wins on Crosby's foot alone. fine line indeed.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
yup. discounting all the other ridiculous factors derailing the Packers this year, they'd have 4 more possible wins on Crosby's foot alone. fine line indeed.
Or a few more losses if he had missed more kicks ;)

Bear Game: Crosby 1-1 FG's (42 yds) 3-3 XP Final Score: 24-23 Packers
Viking Game: 5/6 FG's 2-2 XP Final Score: 29-29
49'er Game: 4/4 FG's 3-3 XP Final Score 33-30

Easy to point the finger at Crosby and I am not trying to say he has been worth his contract, but if you are going to "blame" him for losses, you probably want to thank him for some wins/ties too.

Reaction score
I don’t blame him at all for the challenges, they were both good challenges and one if not both shoulda been overturned.
Absolutely. It more sent a message that we’re going all in. This was particularly important for me and scored points in my book. I think one area that Mcarthy lacked was his lackluster judgement in challenges (or the lack of using one).
Both of these were legit. The first challenge was a clear failure by the official to begin with, but a colosssal failure in review not being overturned. The second one was a brilliant call by the sideline umpire who had a perfect angle and while extremely close, was clearly a toe drag before entering the the chalk. It was so minuscule it took 3 different angles to distinguish both feet were found to be in bounds (or at least one foot and one toe scrape)

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
As far as challenges go, I would hope that there is someone "up in the booth" with access to replays or at minimum TV coverage to call down to the HC as to whether he should throw the red flag or not. I can't imagine being on the sideline gives coaches a very clear view of many of the controversial calls. I guess what I am trying to say, the same people telling Philbin to challenge, were probably the same ones in McCarthy's ear. But yes, ultimately the HC has to be the one to decipher that information and decide whether or not to throw the flag.

gbgary

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Easy to point the finger at Crosby and I am not trying to say he has been worth his contract, but if you are going to "blame" him for losses, you probably want to thank him for some wins/ties too.
lol...true but i'm talking about key guys actually doing what they're being paid to do. oh...and i'm not blaming, just pointing out the obvious and re-enforcing the fine-line narrative.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
lol...true but i'm talking about key guys actually doing what they're being paid to do. oh...and i'm not blaming, just pointing out the obvious and re-enforcing the fine-line narrative.
Yup and I get it. I also wonder if everyone would be so down on Crosby if he hadn't had that one bad game in Detroit this year. But I realize its a carry over from his 2012 season as well.

D

Deleted member 6794

Absolutely. It more sent a message that we’re going all in. This was particularly important for me and scored points in my book. I think one area that Mcarthy lacked was his lackluster judgement in challenges (or the lack of using one).

Actually McCarthy (50.5%) was pretty successful using challenges with 47 of his 93 attempts being overturned. As a comparison Belichick has currently only won 40.4% of the 114 red flags he has thrown since 2000.

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score

It’s not about blame in this case, it is simply supporting the statement that the overall talent of all NFL teams is very close and the margin of error in winning and losing is actually pretty small.

Members online

Latest posts