Looks Like Big Mike was the Problem

PackinMSP

Cheesehead
Reaction score
For the "most part" this Offense has looked like the circa 2014 Offense

H

HardRightEdge

If only the Packers could play Atlanta every week. Those guys shot themselves in the foot all day with penalties.

Jerellh528

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We shoulda put up about 45.

Philbin seemed to do fine though.

I don’t blame him at all for the challenges, they were both good challenges and one if not both shoulda been overturned.

OP
OP
PackinMSP

PackinMSP

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We shoulda put up about 45.

Philbin seemed to do fine though.

I don’t blame him at all for the challenges, they were both good challenges and one if not both shoulda been overturned.

Still the highest scoring game of the season at 34 though

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
Totally normal for a team to surge after firing a head coach. We can't draw conclusions.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
LOL.....if you are going to get all excited about this game, might as well lock Philbin down for Chuckie like numbers, resign Matthews and Cobb for big contracts and give Mason Crosby a pay raise and 5 more years.

By know stretch were these the same 2 teams that squared off in the NFCCG 2 seasons ago.

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If they put up 35 against the BEARS then I’ll ddink the juice. Was McCarthy a problem that needed to go? Yes, I think so. But I don’t see us all of a sudden being the greatest show on turf.
It’s still the same playbook haha and they played probably the worst defense in the NFC.

Ogsponge

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ya, this game tells us nothing, the only thing this game could have told us was if we were truly a horrible football team as the guys should have been pretty damn fired up to play after the a head coach firing. Let’s see if they can keep it up against a bears team that dominated the Rams.

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Goff clearly isn’t a cold weather QB. He looked bad. That Bears defense is as good as advertised...but Rodgers is a cold weather QB and he is use to playing in bad weather sonthere goes that. My only concern is idk how we expect to keep Rodgers upright againsttheir D line. Better go double toght and throw some screens this weekend.

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think the Bears are going to kick the living crap out of us next week.A chance to wrap up the division at home against us? They will be ready big time.

Stanger37

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Goff clearly isn’t a cold weather QB. He looked bad. That Bears defense is as good as advertised...but Rodgers is a cold weather QB and he is use to playing in bad weather sonthere goes that. My only concern is idk how we expect to keep Rodgers upright againsttheir D line. Better go double toght and throw some screens this weekend.

Goff looked seriously lost from the first possession. His throws were awful, missed some open guys, and barely any RPOs with Gurley. Even when he stepped into throws they were dead ducks. It was crazy. I live in Chicago...I can't wait for all the delusional fans tell me that Mitch isn't Rex Grossman. Dude isn't good, but they make so many excuses for him.

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The big problem with Trubisky right now is he's strictly a first read quarterback. I think that he can improve a lot with another offseason working with Nagy.

Curly Calhoun

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I did see 2 passes completed on slants today. Hadn't seen that in a while.

I noticed that as well. A slant to Devante should be money in the bank, but A-Rod missed him Sunday.

Still, I like the play call - Just need better execution.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
LOL.....if you are going to get all excited about this game, might as well lock Philbin down for Chuckie like numbers, resign Matthews and Cobb for big contracts and give Mason Crosby a pay raise and 5 more years.

By know stretch were these the same 2 teams that squared off in the NFCCG 2 seasons ago.
How many different starters does Atlanta have now versus two years ago?

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
How many different starters does Atlanta have now versus two years ago?
No clue, but they are currently a 4-9 team, in 2016 they went 11-5 with a trip to the Super Bowl. So either Atlanta isn't the same team they once were or a lot of other teams have just gotten much better, I would opt for the first scenario after seeing them yesterday.

gbgary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
as for yesterdays offense...first half: they abandoned the run during the national anthem, short pass pass pass, then went back to what they've been doing.
second half: they used the middle a little bit more, reinstated Aaron Jones, weren't as predictable. still need to scrap the wr screen. it's ineffective 95% of the time and it'll result in a pick 6 at the worst time. Rodgers still held the ball too long many times even though there were open guys short. the long ball to Graham in particular...Cobb was wide open and Graham wasn't.

defense: deferred and immediately went down 7 as usual, weathered the bad calls, and played a pretty damn good game. need to stop deferring...it's ridiculous.

for the most part...looked like they have most of the season. no surprise as the playbook hasn't changed. Cobb's return made a difference, Aaron Jones, Breeland, Rodgers legs, and the friendly confines of Lambeau.

McCarthy? win one on the road and we'll see.

Last edited:

Members online

Latest posts