Looking back before the season started

wils0646

Cheesehead
Reaction score
http://blogs.jsonline.com/packers/archive/2007/09/06/schatz-sees-a-playoff-contender.aspx

I like this one. The comments below the blog post are hilarious. REMEMBER, Aaron Schatz had us as a Super Bowl sleeper...with everyone laughing at him then. I know there's still a lot of season left, but his prediction doesn't seem so laughable now.

http://www.packerforum.com/index.ph...opic&t=9859&highlight=Packers+super+bowl+odds

We were at 60-1 odds, 8th worst in the league to make the Super Bowl this year. I'd say those odds are a bit slimmer now.

I like looking back at old threads/stories to see how people felt at the time.

pack_in_black

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Those comments are AWESOME!

"Ted boy is the worst GM in the entire NFL..."

"Shouldn't he be accountable? Instead we get comments from Ted like, "I think we're pretty much OK with the guys we have", and, "It is what it is ". Its just wrong. "

......aaaaaactually you were wrong.

Obi1

Cheesehead
Reaction score
When I predicted 16-0 and Superbowl, EVERYBODY listened...NOT!

I am definitely not EFHutton. But I seem to be getting NO credit for MY predictions...

Raider Pride

Cheesehead
Reaction score
pack_in_black said:

"Shouldn't he be accountable? Instead we get comments from Ted like, "I think we're pretty much OK with the guys we have", and, "It is what it is ". Its just wrong. "

Pack_in_black:

This is my favorite comment.

From Jersey Packer Fan.

"Hey all you TT lovers WAKE UP!!!!!!!!!!! He is by far the worst GM in the NFL, do not even mention Ron Wolf and TT in the same sentence!!

Do any of you remember a free agent named Reggie White? Or a coach named Holmgren? How about BROOKS,FREEMEN,LEVEINS,BENNETT,HENDERSON,CHMURA,CLIFTON,FLANNY,I can go on and on. please stop giving TT accolades on drafting AJ Hawk at number 5 he would have been a fool not to take him. Also remember all the players old Teddy boy showed the door. Sharper,Longwell, Flanny etc. I have been a Packer fan for over 40 years, and have seen them play all over the country but we have to call a losser a losser, TT wants his name on this team and has done nothing to help the best Q/B the franchise has ever had."

NOTE: I DID NOT START THIS. R.P. IS COMMENTING ON THE ABOVE POST. Heretofore.... Do not rag my *** about being a T.T. Lover.

Thank you....

R.P.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Raider Pride said:
pack_in_black said:

Pack_in_black:

This is my favorite comment.

From Jersey Packer Fan.

"Hey all you TT lovers WAKE UP!!!!!!!!!!! He is by far the worst GM in the NFL, do not even mention Ron Wolf and TT in the same sentence!!

Do any of you remember a free agent named Reggie White? Or a coach named Holmgren? How about BROOKS,FREEMEN,LEVEINS,BENNETT,HENDERSON,CHMURA,CLIFTON,FLANNY,I can go on and on. please stop giving TT accolades on drafting AJ Hawk at number 5 he would have been a fool not to take him. Also remember all the players old Teddy boy showed the door. Sharper,Longwell, Flanny etc. I have been a Packer fan for over 40 years, and have seen them play all over the country but we have to call a losser a losser, TT wants his name on this team and has done nothing to help the best Q/B the franchise has ever had."

NOTE: I DID NOT START THIS. R.P. IS COMMENTING ON THE ABOVE POST. Heretofore.... Do not rag my *** about being a T.T. Lover.

Thank you....

R.P.

lol, gold.

pack_in_black

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Loved this one:

22-Mar-06 Fire his ***! 27 million under the cap and who do we sign? A DT that no one really cares about...... Nice.

Yeah, damn that idiot for signing one of the best DT's in the league, and the fulcrum-point of our top-10 defense! .......Nice.

Bertram

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thompson's lack of judgment, leadership, and communication skills are jeopardizing the long term future of the Packer organization. His poor judgment in terminating a winning coach with consistently one of the best offenses in the NFL after one injury-riddled season is inexplicable to the brightest of minds. Further, this blunder was compounded by hiring an unproven, inexperience version of the coach he just fired, whose offenses in New Orleans were mediocre, at best. Such a move can only be the result of ego. You cannot terminate a guy, citing the need to go in a "new direction," and turn around and hire an identical coaching staff. His lack of leadership is evident among those of us who closely follow the Packers. At best among his constituency the prevalent attitude is a pessimistic "let's wait and see," and more frequently, the lack of direction has fans infuriated. It is his inability (or unwillingness) to articulate that direction which really indicates his end. If he cannot convey optimism to the majority of Packer fans, then he has already failed. Better to sever now so the damage can be minimized

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
http://www.firepackersgm.com/

Wow, check out this website. Hmm...any names people recognize on the petition? The comments are also pretty hilarious.

http://www.firepackersgm.com/petition/petitioncap.php?mode=sign

Look at it again and look at Nets post

http://www.firepackersgm.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=150

I hope you have the cajones to stand up should the season go south and not put the blame on Mike McCarthy. If the team wins, congratulations to all of us, and all of us here were wrong. If things don't go right, please realize that you've created a team full of marginal talents(with a few exceptions like A.J. Hawk who is a stud) who won't have ENOUGH talent to put the team into the Super Bowl.

Then what someone posted after that

The real question now is does the great "net" have the cajones to stand up and admit he was a complete effing moron?

I doubt it.

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
http://blogs.jsonline.com/packers/archive/2007/09/06/schatz-sees-a-playoff-contender.aspx

I like this one. The comments below the blog post are hilarious. REMEMBER, Aaron Schatz had us as a Super Bowl sleeper...with everyone laughing at him then. I know there's still a lot of season left, but his prediction doesn't seem so laughable now.

http://www.packerforum.com/index.ph...opic&t=9859&highlight=Packers+super+bowl+odds

We were at 60-1 odds, 8th worst in the league to make the Super Bowl this year. I'd say those odds are a bit slimmer now.

60-1? Urgh! If I put just $100 on the Packers.... :roll:

OP
OP
W

wils0646

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Remember everyone...60-1 odds. Just one more win and we're in.

Remember when KGB said we should have a good chance of reaching the Superbowl? Remember how the reporter just laughed off his comment? Remember this prediction?

Pretty awesome stuff.

Bertram

Cheesehead
Reaction score
An oasis of free thought
by net on Mon May 21, 2007 6:52 am

At one point, I was a daily contributor on 5 Packer boards. One by one I've left, this being the last. Why? The administrators at the other boards(they like Ted) won't allow me to post without either being attacked(personally) by a half-dozen snipes, or they simply remove my posts.

One topic dealt with possibly trading KGB.

I sarcastically suggested Ted would exchange KGB for a 7th round draft pick which would turn out to be a kid from St. Norbert's who he would sign for the rookie minimum only if he would work in the Packer Pro Shop plus wash Ted's car once a week.

That was it. That message was removed from the discussion, while all the Pro-Ted stuff went without editing.

I don't like to get personal. It has nothing to do with a wider topic.

I've even praised Ted, at times. I recently said emphasizing the defense(as is obvious) might help the Packers stay in games this year.

Each administrator has the right to police each board as they see fit, there's no question there. But what happens is a very real type of censorship.

One person told me I had no right to criticize Ted Thompson since I'd never been in his shoes. I said in an open Democracy you also have the right to criticize the President of the United States, even though you've never been there, either.

There's really nothing more I want than for Ted Thompson to succeed, since that means the Packers succeed.

I've just seen a continued pattern of what I see as arrogant abuse coupled with a stinginess to spend, even though they more than have enough money to land a quality player.

New England came to Green Bay last year and humiliated the Packers at home. New England didn't sit "Pat" this off-season, bringing in some new talent. They will again be a favorite in the AFC.

The Packers continue the Ted Thompson build through the draft philosophy, though to date, it hasn't produced much. The real production is wins and losses. 12-20 with Brett Favre as qb is nothing to shout about. "He's building long term", I keep hearing. "How long is long term?", in my answer. As New England has figured out, the modern NFL defines long term as next year. With injuries and free agency, the goal is to win now.

When all this alleged talent "gels", it might be too late.

If you look at the roster, a number of key contributors are not Ted Thompson players, but rather Ron Wolf and Mike Sherman draftees.

Another point I raised is just because Ted drafts person "X", that doesn't mean he's going to be worth a hoot when the action begins. "Bust" isn't said much on the pro-Ted boards, but he's had a few clinkers already.

The Packers drafted many players in the 70's and 80's who were 'names', but they never put it all together to win anything but the Futility Bowl. So they had two rookie guards last year, does that mean the running game is automatically going to go? No.
Aaron Rodgers has yet to push Brett Favre. Jay Cutler took the job from Jake the Snake in Denver last year. etc.

Mike McCarthy has been set up to be the scapegoat for Ted. McCarthy had better produce this year, or Ted will be 'distancing' himself from him.

The booing on draft day was a good thing. Ted's little castle was stormed by the angry mob, and that is a good thing.

Thank you for having a board where the basic premis is a healthy criticism of a key figure involved in the team we love, and not 'your not a Packers fan' if you don't consume the corporate pablum spoon-fed to the others.

lol where's net now???

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
Yipee.. another "I told you" thread to bring a *** for tat exchange on this the week of the NFC championship..

OP
OP
W

wils0646

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yipee.. another "I told you" thread to bring a *** for tat exchange on this the week of the NFC championship..

That's really not it at all. At least that wasn't my intention. I just wanted to post that we were such underdogs coming into this season. Nobody thought we'd be this good. One expert predicted our emergence pretty well. It was supposed to be a "feel good" thread.

I don't think now is the time to do a "I told you so" thread.

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
Pack93z said:

That's really not it at all. At least that wasn't my intention. I just wanted to post that we were such underdogs coming into this season. Nobody thought we'd be this good. One expert predicted our emergence pretty well. It was supposed to be a "feel good" thread.

I don't think now is the time to do a "I told you so" thread.

Sorry I was referring to the net comment.. the intention of the premise of the thread wasn't intended that way.

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score

That thread made me very sad. It reminded me that I was going to bet, but never got around to it. I was going to put $100 on the Pack. That would have been a nice chunk of change. could have taken Mrs. Z on a cruise with that money.

yooperfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As usual I'm a year late and a dollar short.
Last year when I was in Vegas I put $100.00 on the Packers to win the Super Bowl.
My wife was pissed that I did that, now if she thought about it she would be pissed that I didn't do it this year.
Oh well!

Fuzznuts

Cheesehead
Reaction score
pack_in_black said:

Do I have to drag out all of the "Favre sucks" and "Favre should have retired", "Favre doesn't have the arm strength anymore", "Favre is holding the team hostage", "Favre is retarding Aaron Rodgers" etc.,etc..ad nauseum?

Or are you only upset at the posters that took a shot at "Ted Boy"?

OP
OP
W

wils0646

Cheesehead
Reaction score
pack_in_black said:

Do I have to drag out all of the "Favre sucks" and "Favre should have retired", "Favre doesn't have the arm strength anymore", "Favre is holding the team hostage", "Favre is retarding Aaron Rodgers"...etc..etc..ad infinitum..??

Why are you being defensive? Did anyone specifically bring out your name? Just enjoy the moment now.

wpr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
When I predicted 16-0 and Superbowl, EVERYBODY listened...NOT!

I am definitely not EFHutton. But I seem to be getting NO credit for MY predictions...

Obi1,
I was actually going to start a new post this morning pointing this out.
I got busy at work :evil: and forgot. So sorry.
I just wondered how much green and gold koolaid you had been drinking.
I figured the Pack would be 9-7 tops. (7-9 more likely.)
Super Bowl? Not this team. Well You we a lot closer than most of the rest of us.

Staff online

Latest posts