1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
  2. Big Announcement Coming for 2015 Football Season!!

Be on the look out for a big Packer Forum announcement when the schedule is released. Full details coming soon... Update: Announcement to be released on MONDAY!

Lions pair wants out of Detroit

Discussion in 'All Other Team Discussions' started by Pack93z, Dec 5, 2007.

1. Pack93z

Pack93z You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime

Ratings:
    +22
    I wonder if the Lions will try to deal either of them if this is the case.. either that or lose them in FA... The beginning of the end of the Lion accent to good football?

http://www.fannation.com/truth_and_rumors/nfl

Lions pair wants out of Detroit
    Posted: Wednesday December 05, 2007 07:23AM ET
    Neither player will say it publicly, but two of Detroits best offensive players -- receiver Roy Williams and running back Kevin Jones -- are counting the days until they can leave Detroit. While the losing seasons have taken their toll on the two players, there are other reasons why they want to leave the Lions organization and their motives arent exactly the same. Williams and Jones, who were both first-round draft picks in 2004, will become unrestricted free agents after next season and sources close to the players say theyve had enough and want out. At one time, Williams embraced the teaching of coordinator Mike Martz and even endured his sometimes abrasive coaching style, but that situation has changed. Williams has offered thinly veiled criticisms recently of Detroits offensive game plan and his role in it.Still, the overriding factor for Williams is that he simply wants to go home or get closer to it. The one thing you learn about Williams very quickly is that he loves Texas and would love to return to his home state.

2. Packerfan4Life

Packerfan4Life Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I feel the worst for Calvin...Martz himself said that he doesnt fit in the system.....WHAT???? He's 6'5'' 235 and runs a 4.35, how does he not fit in ur system!

3. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    I'd call it "poor coaching".

4. 4thand26

4thand26 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    sheesh, could the bears ever use those two...trade: Hester for Jones and Williams?

5. BryanAschenbrenner

BryanAschenbrenner Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Why would you draft the kid if he didn't fit your system.

6. Pack93z

Pack93z You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime

Ratings:
    +22
    Two Words... "Matt Millen" ;)

7. Greg C.

Greg C. Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I never quite believed all the talk about Rod Marinelli creating a "new culture" with the Lions. It's not really his fault, though. They just don't have enough talent from top to bottom. It is sad to see things crumbling once again. As a Michigan native, I thank my lucky stars that I was born into a family of Packer fans.