Lions pair wants out of Detroit

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
I wonder if the Lions will try to deal either of them if this is the case.. either that or lose them in FA... The beginning of the end of the Lion accent to good football?

http://www.fannation.com/truth_and_rumors/nfl

Lions pair wants out of Detroit
Posted: Wednesday December 05, 2007 07:23AM ET
Neither player will say it publicly, but two of Detroits best offensive players -- receiver Roy Williams and running back Kevin Jones -- are counting the days until they can leave Detroit. While the losing seasons have taken their toll on the two players, there are other reasons why they want to leave the Lions organization and their motives arent exactly the same. Williams and Jones, who were both first-round draft picks in 2004, will become unrestricted free agents after next season and sources close to the players say theyve had enough and want out. At one time, Williams embraced the teaching of coordinator Mike Martz and even endured his sometimes abrasive coaching style, but that situation has changed. Williams has offered thinly veiled criticisms recently of Detroits offensive game plan and his role in it.Still, the overriding factor for Williams is that he simply wants to go home or get closer to it. The one thing you learn about Williams very quickly is that he loves Texas and would love to return to his home state.

Packerfan4Life

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I feel the worst for Calvin...Martz himself said that he doesnt fit in the system.....WHAT???? He's 6'5'' 235 and runs a 4.35, how does he not fit in ur system!

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I feel the worst for Calvin...Martz himself said that he doesnt fit in the system.....WHAT???? He's 6'5'' 235 and runs a 4.35, how does he not fit in ur system!
I'd call it "poor coaching".

4thand26

Cheesehead
Reaction score
sheesh, could the bears ever use those two...trade: Hester for Jones and Williams?

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I never quite believed all the talk about Rod Marinelli creating a "new culture" with the Lions. It's not really his fault, though. They just don't have enough talent from top to bottom. It is sad to see things crumbling once again. As a Michigan native, I thank my lucky stars that I was born into a family of Packer fans.

Members online

Latest posts